1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Black dogs from where?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by eneas, Apr 11, 2013.

1. it doesnt take many generations of breeding good black dogs, to end up with a family of black dogs...this isnt science at all..and yes you will get a throw bk..which is why fb kept whatever color he liked..not just blk dogs..

2. PIMP

PIMP Pup

But you shouldn't get black dogs from two red dogs, right? Isn't the red recessive?

3. It is not set in stone that red COATED dogs cannot produce other colors, even black. Noses, now that's a different story and in another thread.

4. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Red Red nosed dogs will only produce red red nosed dogs when bred together, but red dogs with black noses can produce other colors. And there are a ton of threads on here regarding this subject as boogie stated.

American Dog Breeders Association

5. NGK

NGK Top Dog

Let me give you an example, I bred a Red Blacknose male to a Red Rednose female 3 times, in the 1st litter were 10 black puppies one with a white head. In the second litter were 11 black puppies one with a half white head and in the third litter was 14 black puppies. Now if I would have kept all 35 dogs it would have appeared that my yard turned majority black almost over night.Before you throw out accusations about one of the most honest men to ever breed dogs of any breed please do your research and base those accusations on facts and not hearsay.NGK

6. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

can't remember 3/4'th the colors of dogs we bred or owned. let alone the color of there nose. i know we get damn near every color out the dogs except RR.

7. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Yea hard for me to even remember a time I bred two RN dogs together.... Ain't really had many over the years. I've got one now tho..... I'm still kinda lost on what a few people were saying, think someone said that two red rednoses can't throw black but that two chocalote reds can throw black??? Was that horseshit or is there any truth.... Never really gave a shit about scientific or genetic stuff until here recently

8. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

Just believe what you see. Honest dogmen... hahaha...not extinct but a very rare commodity.
    I am more concerned about the traits than the colour. Anyway, there's been lied about pedigrees so much that I've decided I just believe what I want and use the traits I like, so should I get a merle pup I won't be surprised cos I heard Bullyson was bred from a Great Dane. LOL

9. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

And Honeybunch from a Spanish Pointer.... Lol