1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bland Food for the runs

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by MIKA, Apr 12, 2007.

1. MIKA

MIKA Big Dog

What do ya'll think about boiled and drained hamburger, boiled white rice, cottage cheese, and yogurt mixed together to get rid of the runs? How many days should I feed this mixture untill I start mixin her food in? She's been to the vet and she checks out fine. Thanks, MIKA

2. hrdeluxe

hrdeluxe Big Dog

I would just do the drained hamburger and cottage cheese. If you do rice, get the brown rice.

Must have gotten into something. I wouldn't take away all of the kibble though.

3. Pumkpin works better then anyhting I have found....not pumpkin pie mix but raw pumpkin purreed, its right next to the pie mix though!

4. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

plain pumpkin ( not the pie filling) helps firm up the squirts too.

5. yeah that ALWAYS works for me......lmao j/k i heard that is good but never tried it.

6. MIKA

MIKA Big Dog

Thanks for your help. Would you mix in some of her kibble or feed all pumpkin?

7. MIKA

MIKA Big Dog

Would you mix in some of her kibble or feed just plain pumpkin? Thanks for your help.

8. Suki

Suki Guest

boiled hamburger is ok, as the boiling will remove all the fat. i usually use white, skinless boiled chicken. the rice is ok, as well. Yogurt is actually nonbeneficial, therefore, other than to add a lil taste, is not necessary, imo.

as far as feeding goes, feed the mixture until everything is back to normal, and then gradually start feeding your kibble.

9. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

Like Suki said, hold off on the kibble for a bit until her tummy settles.

Let me know how that goes next time Boogie!;)

10. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

Thats what I have done, boiled the chicken and then use the chicken broth to boil some rice and mix it....nothing else till it firms up

Paco has a SUPER sensetive digestive system...I've had to do this drill numerous times with him

11. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

I give baby food when my dogs have the runs