1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Blue Paul Terrier Pictures

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by PitNoob, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Hey guys, here's some info on the Blue Paul Terrier from Wiki, I'm a Scot and I am very interested in the dogs that my ancestors were using for "the sport". A Blue Paul Terrier is actualy a Pit Bull, the Scots just called them Blue Paul's after the guy that they thought brought them into the lowlands from the western Galloway coast of Scotland. The Blue Paul Terrier lives on in our modern Game Dogs of today as the Scots interbred them with Pit dogs from our Irish cousins to acquire better fighting dogs. The dogs that came from these breedings were exported with the Scottish emigrants to America where they became an important part of the make up of the modern game dogs.

en.wikipedia/wiki/Blue_Paul_Terrier

2. jacko

jacko CH Dog

i was told that the "paul" dogs actually came in blue and brindle. many of the brindles were culled. but it was these brindles that carried the strongest genes.

3. They produced red dogs also which they referred to as "Red Smuts". Apparently they drowned these ones and the brindles in pursuit of the blue colour dogs only.

4. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

My gran from cork would never let a black dog in the house...her daughter (my mum)+sisters used to all-way's moan to me a-bt keeping the black dog's....superstions had a-lot to do some-times..she loved the reds,tans,etc;etc...

5. culabula

culabula Big Dog

bantry or therabouts?My own grandmother was the same (and from there)-I think theres some superstition about ghostly black dogs around there.

6. gunman2376

gunman2376 Big Dog

7. D.Dogg

D.Dogg Big Dog

Funny how this Blue Paul story comes around after the popularity of Blue dogs.

Funny how when I started dogs and for years. Never heard of a blue dog or even seen one. Some staff blood maybe. But never ever seen one in bulldogs.

To me. This seems like a Internet story designed to reassure those owners of blue dogs. We all know how many documented blue true pit dogs there were.

I'm gonna stick with this is made up story suporting an agenda.

8. jacko

jacko CH Dog

no mate these blue pauls have appeared in literature way before the internet was dreamt of. i have a book from 1935 which mentions them.

9. Lusitano

Lusitano Pup

10. Lusitano

Lusitano Pup

I read somewhere that there was a chance that these blue pauls were actually down from thai ridgebacks brought back from the orient. The thai ridgebacks tend to be blue or red and are known to be very good show dogs in asia. Just a thought...

11. Lusitano

Lusitano Pup

12. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

This fella knows his gallow glass history

13. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Glad to see someone else in the world studies up on there history as such.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013