1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

"bluff?"

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bahamutt99, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Re: "bluff?"

I wish that guy's dog would seriously maim him. It's what it would take..........& I'm laughing my ass off at 103lb "pit bull"-->y'all should see the new 100lb bull terriers out there:rolleyes:

2. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

As we are concerned in other areas of the forum about "clutter" and such, do we really need a 40 page post to conclude what most did in the first 25 pages of this thread. I personally have nothing against staffs, I have one, but history aside we all know what makes an APBT and we all know what the criteria is for breeding them. If you cannot open your eyes and see what mis-breeding them is doing to the breed as a whole then you simply do not want to see and you will never get the concurance of the game dog community, but then you didn't need their concurance in the first place, now did you. And when I say you I speak to those who would continue to place unstable dogs in the general public with no regard for who these innocent pups go to, or care for what happens to them after that, then rubbing salt into all these wounds and slapping the label APBT on dogs that simply are not. Tx your regurgitation of the history books is mute, I have read that information as well....but if you cannot hear what this community is trying to tell you about the APBT and how to keep it true to form and WHY it is so important to do so, then agree to disagree and in 5 to 10 years when all of our pit bulls and look alikes are victims of breed genocide, just be prepared to accept your responsibility in it.

1 person likes this.
  3. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

*YAWN* AS LONG AS WE ALL HAVE THE ATTITUDES WE DO, RE WILL EVENTUALLY SEPARATE FROM THE APBT AND THAT IS FINE WITH ME. RE BREEDERS ARE NOT CANDLE SALESMEN. NO ONE IS COMING TO YOUR DOOR ASKING YOU TO TAKE A SAMPLE OR BUY ANYTHING, SO I DON'T SEE WHY SOME GAME BREEDERS FEEL AS IF SOMETHING IS BEING FORCED UPON THEM. FOR THE SAME REASONS PEOPLE DON'T BUY PLENTY OF THINGS OUT THERE ON THE SHELF, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY OR LIKE RE DOGS. IT'S THAT SIMPLE. I JUST DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO FEEL THAT I AM WRONG FOR LIKING OR BREEDING RE DOGS, WHEN I AM NOT ONE OF THE ONES DOING IT FOR IDIOTIC REASONS.

REMEMBER, THROUGH SUFFERING, GOOD THINGS WILL COME. SO WAIT!

**Religion should be kept off any public forum.

QUESTION: WAS THE ORIGINAL APBT OR WAS IT NOT CREATED TO FIT THE "LIKES" OF SOMEONE? THEY BRED FOR WHAT THEY LIKED AND DIDN'T CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE THOUGHT EVEN IF IT WAS WRONG. I'M SURE SOME OF YOUR FIRST THOUGHTS ARE, "THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT." AND IF IT'S NOT RIGHT, THEN WHY DO ANY OF US HAVE AN APBT? ARE WE MERELY STANDING BEHIND A BREED WE BELIEVE IN AND LOVE OR ARE WE TRYING TO JUSTIFY A BAD IDEA?

MYDAWGS- NOT EVERYONE HAS READ WHAT IS IN THE HISTORY BOOKS. FOR SOME, THAT WAS HELPFUL. NOT POSTING INFORMATION IS WHAT RESULTS IN LACK OF KNOWLEDGE. SOMETIMES THE PASTOR REPEATS THE SAME SERMON. HE DOESN'T CARE IF YOU ALREADY HEARD IT, HE CARES IF IT WAS ABSORBED AND APPLIED; AND FOR THOSE WHO WEREN'T THERE THE FIRST TIME.

"then agree to disagree and in 5 to 10 years when all of our pit bulls and look alikes are victims of breed genocide, just be prepared to accept your responsibility in it."
    - HAVE YOU BEEN TO MY YARD? ARE YOU CALLING ME A BAD BREEDER? CAN YOU PERSONALLY TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR POORLY BRED GAME DOGS? CAN YOU TAKE CREDIT FOR EXCELLENTLY BRED DOGS YOU DID NOT BREED? BEFORE YOU REPLY, I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW MY TONE OF VOICE: CALM, SO DON'T THINK I'M BEING DEFENSIVE.

WHAT YOU AND SOME OTHER POSTS HAVE SAID IS KIND OF FUNNY IN AN IRONIC WAY. CHANGE IS ONLY SUPPOSED TO BETTER IF IT'S FOR GOOD, BUT HOW MANY OF US REALLY STOP AND THINK OF THAT WHEN WE ARE ENJOYING THE ADVANCES IN MODERN TECHNOLOGY. CARS THAT POLLUTE THE AIR AND OTHER PRODUCTS THAT DAMAGE THE OZONE LAYER AND THE EARTH...A LOT OF US ARE JUST LIKE THOSE THAT WE SPEAK ILL OF...

****Edit, again. Public forums are not the place for religious debates. -14rock

4. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

My big isue with this topic is simple... there is a blanket that gets tossed over anything that isnt gamebred. if its not gamebred it all falls in to the same bucket. Then you can point the finger and say "There is th bad guy" he breeds dogs that arent gamebred, he sells dogs to the public, he doesnt temperment or health test.... but that is a finger that knows no lines, the same people and breeders that work in my lines work in yours.

Bad breeders:
    Gamebred dogs have bad breeders and breeders that dont follow the correct guidelines. When you have these thugs on the street and they dont know much about dogs, but they are told the best lines for matching are this or that... if they are in it for the monetary gain do you think they are not going to go after those known lines. Yeah Im sure that they are using some mutts and what not but trust and believe the lines that you hold dear have fallen into thier hands too.

Bad Temperment or health:
    this is an ongoing thing because they bred dogs for temperment all those years ago is the culling stops the bda temperments can resurface. so just because a dog has a gamebred background doenst make is tempermentally sound. Same with health issues, nbow personally I find that the APBT is a generally healthy breed, so unless there is history of genetic illness in the line I dont think that testing is a requirement, it looks great to have the results but I wont discount a dog for not having the testing done... if that makes sense.

Your not alone in this struggle, you alientate yourselves from other dog owners but we are in the same fight. You push away and insult non-game dogs with your blames, and claims... and at the end of the day we are all workgin to save the same breed in the eyes of the law. I dont understand it. and its only like this on gamebred boards... YOu can take a gamedog to most any board and while people may say "thats not my style ", they will respect the dog for what it is. the reverse is almost never true.

I will say that a lot of people here are really cool and between the post on the board and the PMs I have spoken to quite a few people that do understand what I mean. No one is pushing the dogs on you, if its not your style.. thats fine. YOu are under no obligation to rant and rave about a "bluff" the way you do about a gamebred dog. All I am saying is why the disrespect?

I remember several posts where there are pics of dogs taken and put up for everyone to take turns dissing the dog and making remarks to its liniage(management is usually pretty good about closing them up)... and the owner or breeder of the dog isnt here to make his case, why is that okay?

5. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

the likes of a bunch of people. HOWEVER They made it a seperate breed from the dogs that were used to create it unlike people who breed the oversized what ever u want to call them.. A SEPERATE BREED. Even with breeds like the Poodle, there are 3 seperate BREEDS. Toy, Minature and STandard. Toys were created for the likes of people..but they called it a TOY POODLE while they are all poodles, one does not breed toy poodles and call them Standard poodles, do they. How hard for you is this concept to grasp? No one is saying its wrong to create a new breed of dog, what they are saying is they are tired of people who have deviated tremedously from the standard of the breed, lied about pedigrees and what not and continue to ride the shirt tails of the APBT. The whole debate is that they have created a new breed of dog or on the most a new strain of apbt and need to call it something else besides the apbt to differentiate between the 2. Since the Am Staff isnt good enough for them... And dont play the regisrty card, either. There are lots of breeds that still to this day are not "recongnized" by the AKC, UKC etc etc. Wow..wait what a concept..since the majority are out to make money, they can start their own offical registry for the new breed of dog they have created hmmm..

as for attitudes..I think yours is to stir the pot up, not to help. Yawn? What is that supposed to mean? If you are that bored with the topic or site, LEAVE. No one has glued your fingers to the keyboard and has held a gun to your head and forced you to respond to anything.

6. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Makes a good deal of sense...

7. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

Main Entry: <SUP>1</SUP>pub·lic [​IMG]
    Pronunciation: <TT>'p&-blik</TT>
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle English publique, from Middle French, from Latin publicus; akin to Latin populus the people
    1 a : exposed to general view

looks like this isn't a public forum... what good does it do to post if you are going to edit a point out. it was not intended for, nor was it for religious debate. if wasn't even a finger pointing quote. it was a quote and just because it came out of the Bible doesn't make it any less postable! it's just the same as a signature on the bottom of a post...so i guess everyone needs to remove them...? and why is it that the previous posts about religion including those that bad mouthed me were left on the board?...something is fishy and i'm not at a seafood restaurant...

8. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

I'm glad you feel you are a responsible breeder, for the sake of the rest of us I hope you are a person of your word. As for your tone you are preaching at the rest of us, please I was raised a Catholic and you could never out preach the Catholic church. Again my message is a simple one, stop your arguing and try and see what is best for the whole. You have spoken your point unmercifully and the response from those of us that do not see it your way is always the same.....do you hear us? There will be no conversions with your posts. I hear what you are saying and I respectfully disagree. No name calling no messages from God, I just think you are wrong. As far as Bluffs go, I know a boy that continually shows up on this board and I think he is a speciman, and I know his owner is a good man, and I enjoy his exchange of ideas, I wish I could say the same about you.

9. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

you go girl,,tell him about it,,,;)

10. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

THE YAWN WAS FOR POSTS LIKE YOURS...I'M NOT BORED...SOME PEOPLE RESPOND TO NEW POSTS BEFORE REMEMBERING OR READING EARLIER POSTS FROM A MEMBER AND MISS IMPORTANT VIEWS AND POINTS. YEAH, I KNOW RE SHOULD BE CLASSIFIED AS SOMETHING ELSE, BUT IT'S NOT - YET...SO WAIT IS ALL I'M SAYING...YOU CAN'T CHANGE IT ALONE! I'VE ALREADY STATED THE MINIATURE, TOY, STANDARD THING...NOT ALL RE BREEDERS REFER TO THEM AS APBT's. HOW HARD IS IT FOR YOU TO GRASP THE CONCEPT THAT YOU HAVE ME ALL WRONG? THE APBT HAD ALL KINDS OF NAME CHANGES BEFORE IT WAS EVEN PERMANENTLY ESTABLISHED...THINGS DO TAKE TIME SOMETIMES. IT WAS A SEVERE MISUNDERSTANDING IN THE FIRST PLACE WITH THE RE THING, BUT WHO AMONG US HAS THE AUTHORITY TO MAKE IT RIGHT? APPLE IS THE NAME OF A FRUIT. IT'S BEEN THAT NAME FOR QUITE SOME TIME, BUT THINK OF HOW HARD IT WOULD BE TO GET THAT CHANGED EVEN IF HALF THE POPULATION AGREED...IT TAKES THE PROPER POSITION AND AUTHORITY TO CHANGE THINGS...

Wow..wait what a concept..since the majority are out to make money, they can start their own offical registry for the new breed of dog they have created hmmm..
    SO, YOU KNOW THE MAJORITY OF RE BREEDERS? AND YOU ALSO KNOW THE MAJORITY OF GAME BREEDERS AND THEIR PRICES ALSO, ETC.? MAJORITY IS A STRONG WORD. I THINK SOME IS A BETTER CHOICE. ANY BREEDER RE OR NOT IS GOING TO SELL THEIR PUPS/DOGS AT WHAT THEY THINK THEIR WORTH AND THE PERSON THAT BUYS IT WILL PAY THAT IF THEY ALSO FEEL THAT WAY...IF THEY DON'T HAVE SENSE ENOUGHT TO ASK QUESTIONS OR HAVE, ANY PRIOR KNOWLEDGE, OR DO RESEARCH FIRST, THEN THEY SHOULDN'T EVEN BE ALLOWED TO BUY SUGAR AT THE GROCERY STORE. *AND PAPER HANGING IS NOT CONFINED TO RE... THERE ARE FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE THAT HANG PAPERS OR STICK A LINE ON STREET MUTTS WITH NO BACKGROUND AND THE FIRST THING THEY DO IS USE A POPULAR GAME LINE TO MAKE A BUCK...I KNOW THAT JUST BECAUSE I HAVEN'T SEEN THIS FOR RE DOGS DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT TRUE, BUT I SEE MORE "PIT PUPS" ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD FOR SALE WITH GAME LINES SLAPPED ON THEM AND NO PAPERS...

THIS DOESN'T GO FOR EVERYONE, BUT MY MOST EXPENSIVE DOG IS A GAME DOG. I SHOULD SAY MY MOTHER'S DOG...I CAN'T TELL HER WHAT TO DO WITH HIM- HE'S A HOUSE DOG. SHE LOVES HIM AND HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING THAT ANY GAME DOGGER WOULD BE PROUD OF, BUT TELL HER THAT HE DOESN'T SERVE A PURPOSE...

HOW CAN YOU SAY I'M STIRRING WHEN THERE ARE PEOPLE ON HERE POINTING FINGERS, NAME CALLING, AND SO ON...? GOOD GUYS ALWAYS FINISH LAST... IF I'M STIRRING, THEN THE ORIGINAL POST WAS TOO AND ALL IT DID WAS ASK A QUESTION...

GENERAL POST- NOT NECESSARILY FOR ROCKSTEADY
    NOT SAYING THAT THIS IS HOW I FEEL BUT...

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH HAVING A SHOW VERSION? WOULDN'T THERE BE A GOOD ENOUGH LINE BETWEEN THE TWO? THAT IS WHAT THE A LOT OF RE BREEDERS SAY ANYWAY...SHOW OR BULLY STYLE APBT. ALSO, I WAS WATCHING THE 2006 AKC EUKANUBA SHOW AND I SAW AN ALASKAN MALAMUTE. WHEN THIS PARTICULAR DOG WASN'T IN SHOW, IT WAS PARTICIPATING ON A WELL KNOW SLED TEAM. WHY DO SOME(IF THAT'S NOT YOUR BELIEF, WHY RESPOND?) PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT BECAUSE A SHOW DOG LOOKS PRETTY IT CAN'T GET A JOB DONE OR BE USED FOR ORIGINAL PURPOSE? I'M ONLY ASKING THIS AS A QUESTION, NOT TO BE VIEWED AS MY PERSONAL OPINION. I'M NOT CALLING ANYONE DUMB OR ANYTHING, BUT SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY DON'T SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN A QUESTION AND A PERSONAL OPINION.

11. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

THAT'S FUNNY...SEEMS LIKE YOU KNOW ABOUT AS MUCH ABOUT ME AS SOME PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT BLUFFS...MYDAWGS CAN'T "TELL HIM ABOUT IT..."

12. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

NOW THIS IS A REALLY GOOD POST...NOT JUST BECAUSE I AGREE WITH IT, BUT BECAUSE IT'S REALLY TRUE...I'VE SAID THIS BEFORE, BUT GOT NO LOVE FOR IT. I KNOW IT'S DIFFERENT WHEN IT COMES FROM SOMEONE YOU HAVE MORE POINTS OF AGREEMENT WITH THOUGH.

13. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Originally Posted by Diesel
    My big isue with this topic is simple... there is a blanket that gets tossed over anything that isnt gamebred. if its not gamebred it all falls in to the same bucket. Then you can point the finger and say "There is th bad guy" he breeds dogs that arent gamebred, he sells dogs to the public, he doesnt temperment or health test.... but that is a finger that knows no lines, the same people and breeders that work in my lines work in yours.

The blanket is thrown on dogs that are not bred as APBTs but are called APBTs.
    The people that work in your lines DO NOT work in the same lines as game breeders.

Bad breeders:
    Gamebred dogs have bad breeders and breeders that dont follow the correct guidelines. When you have these thugs on the street and they dont know much about dogs, but they are told the best lines for matching are this or that... if they are in it for the monetary gain do you think they are not going to go after those known lines. Yeah Im sure that they are using some mutts and what not but trust and believe the lines that you hold dear have fallen into thier hands too.

Guess what? The idiots that are fighting in the street don't know about the real APBT and what makes a good dog. THAT IS WHY THEY ARE FIGHTING IN THE STREET. I have known and know many people that used to street fight their dogs. Every one of them has garbage. A good dogman wouldn't sell to these idiots. Therefore, they are left with BS.

Bad Temperment or health:
    this is an ongoing thing because they bred dogs for temperment all those years ago is the culling stops the bda temperments can resurface. so just because a dog has a gamebred background doenst make is tempermentally sound. Same with health issues, nbow personally I find that the APBT is a generally healthy breed, so unless there is history of genetic illness in the line I dont think that testing is a requirement, it looks great to have the results but I wont discount a dog for not having the testing done... if that makes sense.

A dog that is not worked to it's fullest potential will not show you it's most important weaknesses.
    Bad temperments and health problems can go unchecked for generations within the line if the dogs are not being put in situations where these flaws can truly be seen to the fullest.

Your not alone in this struggle, you alientate yourselves from other dog owners but we are in the same fight. You push away and insult non-game dogs with your blames, and claims... and at the end of the day we are all workgin to save the same breed in the eyes of the law. I dont understand it. and its only like this on gamebred boards... YOu can take a gamedog to most any board and while people may say "thats not my style ", they will respect the dog for what it is. the reverse is almost never true.

Maybe it is the fact that we are preserving the breed and you are the ones ruining it?

I will say that a lot of people here are really cool and between the post on the board and the PMs I have spoken to quite a few people that do understand what I mean. No one is pushing the dogs on you, if its not your style.. thats fine. YOu are under no obligation to rant and rave about a "bluff" the way you do about a gamebred dog. All I am saying is why the disrespect?

Once again, we are preserving the breed and you are going against what has had true amassadors of the breed's blood, sweat, and tears poured into it for many lifetimes. You are changing it in a matter of generations according to what you like, not what the breed needs.
    I remember several posts where there are pics of dogs taken and put up for everyone to take turns dissing the dog and making remarks to its liniage(management is usually pretty good about closing them up)... and the owner or breeder of the dog isnt here to make his case, why is that okay?

Hmmm, maybe because the dogs you mentioned are examples of everything a true lover of the breed is against.
    Anyways, why are you complaining? The mods shut them down for your benefit and because flaming gets nothing done.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2006
  14. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

TX, I edited your posts where you were basically demanding answers to a very personal question which 1. is NONE of your business & 2. had/has absolutely nothing to do with a DOG board. If you want to discuss personal values & morals in relation to sexual relationships, find an appropriate board!

Tommy, you are right & I'm with you. We are all NOT on the same side here! I will fight against those "pit bull" owners that are ruining everything for the rest of us. It's time that "pit bull" owners begin to regulate themselves before the government(s) call a nation wide ban on the breed. If it means calling out bybs, puppy peddlers, name riders who use the breed for their own egotisitcal needs, irresponsible owners, streetfighters, etc then so be it. I will NO loose my dogs nor will I allow the breed to change. To change is to die.

15. simms

simms CH Dog

Damn straight!!!

16. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

I HAVE A QUESTION...HAVE YOU READ ANY OF MY RECENT POSTS? I'M ONLY CALLING IT AN APBT UNTIL IT GETS CHANGED. IN FACT, I AM MORE LIKELY TO SAY A TYPE OF APBT OR STYLE OF APBT...RE DOGS ARE NOT GOING TO GET A NEW NAME OR BE CLASSIFIED DIFFERENTLY OVERNIGHT JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE IT...AND PEOPLE ARE MORE LIKELY TO KEEP AT SOMETHING IF SOMEONE BASHES IT INSTEAD OF APPROACHING IN A NON-OFFENSIVE MANNER...ESPECIALLY IF THERE IS NOT MUCH YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT...THERE IS A LINE BETWEEN THE RE AND MOST GAME DOGS. THERE ARE THOSE WHO LOVE GAME DOGS, THERE ARE THOSE WHO LOVE NON-GAME LINES, AND THERE ARE THOSE WHO LOVE BOTH...THE ONLY CROWD RE HURTS IS THOSE WHO LOVE GAME DOGS AND FOR EVERYONE ELSE, THEY EITHER DON'T CARE, OR THEY ALREADY DIDN'T LIKE THE APBT IN THE FIRST PLACE...WHEN ALL THAT I CARED ABOUT WAS GAME DOGS, I GUESS I FELT SOMEWHAT THE SAME WAY YOU FEEL NOW.

I LOOK AT RE DOGS AS A MOVEMENT IN PROCESS. CHANGING THE BREED WOULD BE RE BREEDERS TRYING TO ACTUALLY PROMOTE RE DOGS AS ORIGINALS OR AS GAME LINED DOGS...NOBODY IS DOING THAT...NOBODY IS SAYING THIS IS THE NEW BETTER VERSION OF THE APBT AND GAME DOGS ARE CRAP...RE BREEDERS STAND BEHIND AND LOVE THE GAME LINES JUST AS MUCH AS YOU...THEY ALSO RECOGNIZE RE AS BEING DIFFERENT FROM A GAME LINED APBT...WE KNOW THE DIFFERENCE AND YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE, WHO DOES THAT LEAVE? THE GAME LINES WILL CONTINUE TO FLOURISH AND BE SEPARATE FROM NON-GAME LINES. REMEMBER THAT EVEN BEFORE RE, THE APBT WAS FAR MORE CORRUPT IN A DIFFERENT WAY THAN YOU FEEL IT IS NOW...BUT IT SURVIVED. NO MATTER WHAT, PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER THE ORIGINAL APBT'S AS DOGS LIKE PETEY, STUBBY, MAYDAY, ETC. DO YOU THINK PEOPLE FORGOT WHAT A MODEL-T FORD IS?

IF EVERYONE HERE, EXCEPT ME AND MAYBE A FEW OTHERS, ALL FEEL THE SAME, WHY ISN'T THIS THREAD CLOSED? YOU CAN'T ARGUE AMONGST YOURSELVES IF YOU ALL FEEL THE SAME WAY. THE ORIGINAL POST ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION, "IS RE A LINE?" I AM ONE PERSON WHO IS WELL EQUIPPED TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION. A PERSON CAN BREED FOR YEARS AND NOT DECIDE TO COME UP WITH THEIR OWN LINE, BUT IF THEY DO IT IS THEIR BUSINESS TO CALL IT WHAT THEY WANT AND THOSE WHO ACTUALLY CARE TO BREED IT ALSO ARE THE ONES QUALIFIED TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT IT. THE ANSWER IS YES, RE IS A LINE. THE QUESTION WAS NOT DO YOU LIKE RE...I AM NOT ASKING ANYONE TO AGREE WITH ME, I GUESS I'M JUST SAYING DON'T BASH. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN STANDING BEHIND THE APBT RESPECTFULLY AND JUMPING OUT FROM BEHIND THE BUSH AND ATTACKING SOMEONE WITH IT...

17. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

18. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

This board is not exposed to general view? If we stopped accepting members and blocked the site from search engines, then it would no longer be a public forum. As it is, this IS public forum and its best to keep emotional debates off the board out of respect to others who might not share the same views. In regards to the other posts containing religion, they served a purpose in the thread, these quotes did not pertain to "bluff" dogs at all.

19. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Man, guys, come on. This board is becoming just another round of name-calling. Opinions obviously differ as to what a true APBT is, or what qualifies as a bluff, but one thing is clear- we are in this together. By 'this' I mean the fight against BSL & poor public perception. The media doesn't care if the dog was a Jeep bred bulldog, or a RE hippo.

Part of the problem of course is the owners calling what they have something different. But arguing amongst a few induviduals who already have SET IN beliefs about the breed isn't gonna do much. Why not try to preach to the public? Either way, just make sure to portray a positive image of the breed.

If the conversation is continued I just hope we can remain mature, or end it right here and now. Althought after about 400 posts, were probably just beating a dead horse =(.

20. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Wow, you guys are going nuts over this! I think Diesel's dogs are gorgeous! I think that 'bluffs' are beautiful to look at, but of course they are severly compromised physically. So if you are all about the agility and stamina of a pit than you would not want these dogs. They are different, very different. All breeds are like this though, but pits really do seem to vary tremendously in appearance and abillities, that is why there are all these favored bloodlines to chat about. I like to look at the 'bluffs' and watch the gamebred pits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.