1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bob Lemm's technique on conditioning

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by MISSAPBT, Nov 23, 2010.

1. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Just wondering what others thought of Bob's way of conditioning, eg maxmimum stress dvd. I have learn't alot from what he has said.

Opinions?

2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

learn from it and add to it. i hear that stp used a similar keep too

3. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Big Dog

Lemm was on the money with the heart monitor but alot of the rest of the keep is outdated!

4. Boze

Boze Top Dog

all great conditioners used some form of conditioning maximum stress. the only thing that varied were the times on and off the mill, the equipment used, and the amount of sessions people like to use.

5. eastend

eastend Big Dog

AFTER YOU FIND THE DOGS COOLING WEIGHT AND YOU BEGIN TO ADD WORK SAY 5 MINS A DAY HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU INCREASE THEIR FOOD:confused:

6. Boze

Boze Top Dog

if you know the dogs correct weight then you adjust through out the keep. say you start with twelve ounces and he is sliding down to fast and you are only in the first week you should a couple ounces and see if he evens off. every dog is different and every food is different usually the better quality feed the less you need to feed. if you can do a practice keep and figure out the weight then go from there.

7. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

great question!!!

robert was a wealth of information. he had a true insight into the art of conditioning animals.
    his mills are legendary and built to last a lifetime, the perfect tool to condition a bulldog.

so eastend, 5 minutes of what kind of work,
    are you working your dog on a free turning mill?

8. eastend

eastend Big Dog

Yes mate a slatmill, i dont do any strengh trainning but i might have to reconsider as i found durning a show when the other dog came in winstol uped

9. Ya alot of curs are being breed because of winstrol.

10. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

You really beleive winstrol will make a cur a good dog? You are really showing your lack of experience with that comment.

11. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

do me a favour, winstrol.is it amateur hour?????......or an american bull dog board???

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2010
  12. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

back to bob lemm, the basic understanding is to raise the lactate threshold........AKA work rate at maximum stress.

13. dogman2007

dogman2007 Big Dog

winstrol lol

14. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Some of the best conditioners used winstrol. They just aren't admitting to it.

15. Thats right, and not just winstrol..................

16. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Funny how surprised people are when they here this. These same people would shit themselves if thye knew how many pro athletes used steroids in every sport. Also using steroids is anything but amatuer, you caqn do more harm then good if not done correctly. So amatuers beware.

17. An't that the truth.........................

18. eastend

eastend Big Dog

I couldnt agree more iam totally agaist the use of roids of couse there are different types of keeps, did lemm ever do any kind of strenght conditioning? or was it purely a wind keep? and what about what he said about the springpole the dog pulling backwards instead of driving forwards on his dvd he showed with that piece of leather to only to only incourage the dog to move forwards and to teach the dog to swap a particular hold.
    I found that very interesting with alot of logic behind what he was saying.

19. They use it on racehorses.