1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bobby Holland

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by SlaughterHouse, Dec 5, 2009.

1. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

Thanks, Slim. But Cadillac II was born more than 20 years ago: modules.php. I have some Bailey's Ringo/Bingo in my dog but they are a good 4 generations back. What modern (alive and producing) dog is heavy Cadillac II?

2. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

My pup's father's father was half Bailey's Ringo crossed into some Bobby Peru: modules.php . I suppose the logic you are referring to explains why.

3. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Man all the shit born a long time ago . It just depend on what you looking for . I mean you ain't gone take nun out on Sat night want some pootang.

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Eli , Redboy , Bolin all born a long time ago.

david63 likes this.
  5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

6. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I'm not going get a ribeye at church's chicken

david63 likes this.
  7. Pollo

Pollo Big Dog

Look up T-Lac’s offspring. There’s multiple dogs alive off him heavy and outcrossed.

Ssdd likes this.
  8. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [432745] :: BANK'S HEATMAKER (online-pedigrees.com)

This dog is old as dirt but still throwing pups. I have seen a few off him and I like what I have seen. The dogs I have seen were crosses off him.

I have not seen anything inbred off him.

If I were looking for a dog to breed to he would be right up there at the top.

S

BTK1993 and Ssdd like this.
  9. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

ben brockton likes this.
  10. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

I mean B.H. is still alive and has dogs.....

Guess it's all on who you know.

ben brockton likes this.
  11. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

Thanks, guys.

12. slim12

Agreed.

When there is a source still available, the source should be taken advantage of while it still can.

david63, ben brockton and Ssdd like this.
  13. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

My ppl regularly speak to and see him. Not everyone and their mom can get in touch with him(nor would I help more than about 4 ppl here get in touch with him) but if you have the access that's where I would go lol.

Well there's a 2xw south of the border I'm thinking of breeding to but besides that one lol

bamaman likes this.
  14. slim12

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [261369] :: B H'S BOBBY (online-pedigrees.com)

This is a male that was down east in NC a few years back. The owner went to Mr. Mims for a pure Red Boy male and the price was $$$$$$ astronomical. The owner went to Mr. Holland and got pure Red Boy littermates for less than half of the Mims price.

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [277834] :: { BOBBY } (online-pedigrees.com)

Bobby was an all out match-quality dog but when people pay $$$$ for a pure anything, seldom, if ever, will it be truly tested, much less actually matched. His sister was a fair dog herself. They carried that Cadillac II blood. And Bobby was definitely a dog one could use to ride up and down the road.

BH bought a Mims bred pup I had and we set up a deal on breeding a female that I had farmed/gave away to a friend.

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [450960] :: HENDRIX RED RUBY (online-pedigrees.com)

Which made this 3/4 female. She picked up a W along the way but she was weird, unpredictable and a scary bet.

Us.1CarpetMills2 - YouTube

This is her being checked to see if she would be able to go out for #2 but she could not. So I bred her instead.

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [539953] :: US1 SLUGGO (online-pedigrees.com)

Me being the expert dog breeder and puppy picker that I am......I picked the best looking and best acting male pup from the litter. Everything this pup did checked all the boxes that someday he would at least have a shot. This is him as a pup.

Slugo on the table - YouTube

I was building a turntable and he was all under my feet so I put on the table so he would quit bothering me. He ran the thing like a grown dog so I got my son to shoot a video. He grew up to be the coldest animal I have ever seen. I kept him and kept him because somewhere deep inside when a dog is 5/8th or better Red Boy there should be something there. Simply, it was not. Colder than cold.

Moral to the story? One can read the pedigrees, do the homework, put in the time, make all the right decisions, use selection to the utmost and still walk away with just a regular old dog with zero interest from his family's lineage.

The advice from the moral to the story? Chase men, and chase good dogs but don't chase paper. (Unless you have that lower cramp and sprint to the bathroom, paper then becomes a much-appreciated tool of the trade)

Again, babbling on the wind down from nights. My apologies.

S

BTK1993, tomjones2, chili and 3 others like this.
  15. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

Yeah...For example, it seems that in my old age I am becoming less patient. I honestly don't want to go through house breaking and training another pup right now. Having said that, if a really well bred dog, especially one right off a champion or proven dog, or a super tight Red Boy dog as in this case became available for me I would still probably grab it. Unlike most of you, I am not "hooked up" regarding the dogs, so when an opportunity comes up for a guy like me to grab something exceptional I take it.

16. slim12

I am getting the same way. I am not near as patient as I was in my younger years. I should be getting better as I age but I am working backwards. LOL

I have turned down a number of dogs over the past few years, especially when I got sick a couple three years back. I took in a couple three just to see if it still grabs my fancy.

And I am exactly the same if it is really nice I bite the bullet.

S

17. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

Yeah...my current pup, 11 weeks tomorrow, is moving backwards in terms of housebreaking....more freedom is resulting in more accidents. I usually have them trained by now. She has been leaving the room I am in and then going to the bathroom in another room. The bottom line is I need to wash her constantly while in the house. I am often on the computer with clients or at night trying to watch some TV.

What I have done is bought an indoor pen. She will be in that while indoors. In a week she will be able to go out for some hand walking which should help, I just collar broke her now I need to leash break her. Her dad is being bred to he sister who is a belly mate to a 3 time winner and the plan was to pick up one but I am re-thinking it. Although just a pet she is fire.

18. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

11 week pups are going to shit, piss and bite that's what pups do. It takes time to get them acclimated. You want to house break her then take it outside every few hours. They bladder is only so big at this age.

chili and AmiistadLake like this.
  19. Pullingcovers

Pullingcovers Top Dog

20. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

Yes....for the first few days we go out every 2-3 hours around the clock. At a week they are doing a little longer 3-4 hours during sleeping hours. I've actually had dogs fully housebroken at 11 weeks before, but that is fairly rare. I try and use all positive reinforcement. What I have to do with this girl is get her out, and then back in the house I am going to use an indoor pen. When she starts sniffing/circling I am going to snatch her up and take her outside. She is proving more of a challenge than most of the 7 other dogs I have housebroken, but she also has some of the best drive I have seen in a pup her age. She stood out from her litter. She is non stop. The biting is getting better. Her recall is fantastic. I know we are not supposed to do any PP/Shutzhund work with these dogs, but she shows potential (assuming I could keep her under control around other dogs) the bottom line is she must be supervised pretty much all the time.

The one dog I had, the son of Crazy legs house broke in days...he shit in the house once his entire life, it was uncanny. He also had no prey drive. Would not do any bit work of any kind, he just loved to run and never got tired. He was also, lb for lb the hardest biting, excellent wrestling, longest winded dog I ever had. A complete sleeper until another dog got close. He is he one that nearly killed the female I had at the same time. Each dog is an individual.

I am going to start leash training her, maybe a little bit tonight.