1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Breeding to a steroid champ...????

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by BLUE8BULL, Jul 6, 2014.

1. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Big Dog

Goat I don't want to revisit GMO with u. I think we both know that will go nowhere.

I do have a RCD layed up now with a broke leg. I have given him nothing but time. I myself was shot as a kid. As far as I know they didn't give me roids. On the other hand I have an aunt that was given roids by a doc. She got a lil fat and hairy but other than that she didn't grow balls that I know of. I know several folks that took them to get bigger faster stronger.

I will concede to the simple idea that it's for recovery only. I still ask tho if u could find a dog that was natural and equal in every way and recovered quickly would that not be the better dog to breed to?

This is an honest question. I know when it comes to subjects such as these people are pretty set in a mindset so I say u do what u will. I will do the same.

Shotgun
    Arkansas

2. Dorito

Dorito Pup

I honestly don't see what the hang up is. A lot of dogs that are given roids are what you describe Shotgun. As TDK mentioned earlier, shouldn't you already know your dogs natural abilities and talents are before you show them? The answer is yes. So you should know whether you'd breed to the dog due to its natural state. Steroids are a tool to help ANY dog, whether you or I seem the help unnecessary or not. Much like supplements or anything else given. They're just a tool. Tools don't make the dog a winner. The dog does that all on his own.

Now if roids made the dog smarter, more agile, and increased the dogs ability to recover three fold, then maybe I would concede some points, but they don't.

3. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Listen what you do with your dog is your business completely, but I will say this. Most folks who use steroids have no damn clue what they are doing and folks who aren't using them are mostly mad because they have no damn clue of how to use them either. If you don't like roids or want to kick the natural thing, i don't want to hear you using supplements, wormers or any chemical. You're all natural and your dogs should be eating organic food lol. Most folks don't get to the point of roids or anything else because they don't properly know how to raise a pup up with good nutrition and overall health.

4. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Big Dog

Dude no reason to get all defensive. I'm just trying to understand. When I say natural I solely mean natural ability not anything else. I know how to raise and care for the dogs I raise. All of my dogs are healthy and well cared for. They also do work on a weekly basis in the woods where they were meant to. I don't have a bunch of chain queens. Just for the record the closest I come to organic food is what comes out the garden and the woods.

Shotgun
    Arkansas

5. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

if the dog produce good why not? Show bb a cert that can be bred to dog.
    roids meth dope cat food whatever. They can produce or not end of story.

6. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

There are a bazillion types of dogs that one might wonder why someone bred to them, or would breed to them. Outside of a dog that quit or had some sort of glaring, genetic malady, I don't see the concern unless one is just looking for someone else to make up their mind for them.

Unless you've compiled a lot of experience in seeing dogs that were offspring of the dogs in question, then what is the root of your worry? If you want to know what a dog is made of on the natch, see it that way in order to know. To see a dog in its natural and healthy state, run hard enough to make a decision on the dog isn't the same as seeing it on juice, no......but it's also not the same as seeing it after a good conditioning WITHOUT roids, too. So, if your concern is how the dog performs in its natch state, then see it that way. This is why you look at dogs BEFORE you compete with them.

Of all the concerns as to a dog's validity one might have if going off the yard to breed to him, this one, to me, seems to be one with some of the least concern. There are many more important things to be apprehensive about in that decision, and to me, more important than this one, if you have enough up close and personal knowledge of the dog to begin with. And you should if you consider breeding to him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
  7. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Was this in reference to me?? I don't know what you do with your dogs never asked or spoke to you about them. If they work in the woods every week they sure are durable and have some mettle to them. Far as them being Chain Queens that's between you and your comp to determine. My statement wasn't directed at anybody specifically. But natural ability is natural ability, Steroids don't give you nothing you don't already have. If Steroids made you Super man then we would have 100k Barry Bonds hitting 80 HRs a year, and 25 double GrChs but we don't. Again most folks who don't like Roids or are against them just have no clue how to use them, but be the same folks using RF1 or Super Fuel or Go Dog etc.

8. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Big Dog

No prob I thought u directed ur comment at me.

Shotgun
    Arkansas

9. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Can't say it no better than that. I think some folks believe steroids are making the dogs great, which it is not and cannot. Folks only use that type of money on a product after said animal has proved to be worth it to their standard.

10. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

You are completely right IMO, Rock. And if someone did use enhancement(s) prior to checking a dog out, why would anyone want to deal with him? After all, we breed not only to a dog, but to the person who owns the dog and his practices. The dog is likely to be as legit as its owner and what he does.

11. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

I understand a dog has to be bred first to become a producer. There are tons of dogs out there that produce. Production has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with titles. So breeding to a natural Ch. is no different than breeding to a 'roid champ. Breeding to a legit ROM dog would be about the only title that should factor in to selecting a stud.

If a dog is producing, who cares what title he has? or how he came about that title? If he won ten matches snorting the 'booger sugar' those ten matches should not factor in to selection. Has he produced is the only question. How he came about a title is not important. S

12. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

That's right ^^^, and as I've said many times, a dog can either produce what you want or it can't. It has to be bred for that to be a known thing. Since my idea of quality is "solid x soled = solid", or at least a better chance for it, I believe titles of all types have room for frauds, and if you want to narrow down your chances for a good breeding, know the dogs, what they've done, what they've produced if anything yet, and increase your likelihoods by way of KNOWN qualities and accomplishments above any other thing.

13. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Exactly I agree , roids is just another conditioning tool. Roids are not some super drug that some people like to make it out to be LOL.

Also what is considered natural anyways? If I add pharmaceutical man made creatine powder to my supplement and you dont is that natural? Is adding creatine cheating? LMAO

Why is one supplement deemed natural and fair and another deemed unnatural and unfair (cheating)? The ONLY TRUE reason is because one is LEGAL and the other is ILLEGAL.

14. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

That's right, Speedo. I mentioned before.........where is the line drawn? There really is none. I also don't see what it has to do with your selection process as to which dog to breed to. My reasons and the reasons of others are all in the prior posts.

Do we really have so many veterinarians on here? Vet techs and vet assistants? Do we really have so many morality experts here? So many want to be the commissioner. Settle down. It's all really a matter of your own discretion and reasoning behind whether you breed to a dog or not. Knowledge of the dog being the key. I really don't see that much more to it. Learn to cast off bullshit and gauge your own likelihoods as to breeding to any certain stud dog or not. You will anyway.

This thread is as much about reasoning and discretion as it is steroids themselves. It's what you will determine things by in the end.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
  15. patjr

patjr Top Dog

I guess the 'hypothetical mind' was wondering if the dog on steroids would produce a two-headed dog lol.....(shhhh....PM me B8B, I've got 5 for sale sight unseen......lmao)

16. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

^^^^^^ HAHAHAHA Just two, Pat? LOL

17. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

Well said.. Very good point!

18. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

[​IMG] Originally Posted by BLUE8BULL [​IMG]
    "....so.1 person would breed of a winning dog ch..or gr-ch ...knowing he won threw the use off chemicals..lets make a new thread from this like to see how many would...???????????"

I just found this from another related thread and find it to be a very good post.

From AGK:

I have several times and will many more times I'm sure. However, they were good dogs without the roids and won because of what they already had in them not the steriods. Steriods dont make winners if the dog didnt have what was needed to to the job prior to steriods. In other words, a cur on steriods is still going to be a cur, its not like just because you gave them roids that magically they become winning gamedogs, they are just one of the many tools used for conditioning and have their pros and cons like anything else used but making a dog a winner, they do not. Like what was already stated previously, where do you draw the line as to what is or isnt cheating? People will always try to have an edge in any sport whether its supplements, roids, doping or whatever have you. The main goal IMO is to give up nothing and take away everything from your opponent, most people I know who use them ( and thats a hell of a lot of folks) already know what their charge is capable of naturally way before the keep begins.... ​

[​IMG]

19. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...if you know the dog is naturally good,,,well that would be different ..yes......s-pose a-lot will go to personal judgements,and what you know off the dog...(or if you can/or/would ya trust others opinions)..??..and true nobody is going run a race knowing their dog is crap,,..mmm

20. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

These are just my beliefs & why I wouldn't waste time on a dog that wasn't great naturally.

The tittle of Champion should mean something.
    It should @ least stand for better than average. It should mean above average.
    It should.
    But there is absolutely no way what so ever that someone can tell me in any form that steroids don't make a difference.
    No way.
    Because they do.
    I have been working out since 1980 & have been able to bench 405 with little warm up since 89 because I had trained natural.
    Others that worked out with me from time-time place to place that couldn't handle 275 were able to make over 300 by using steroids ,but never maintained it after they got off it.
    What size & strength they had gained by using it was also lost after they got of it.
    There is not "only 1 type of steroid".
    Different steroids produce different out comes. D-Ball, will help with size & winstrol will endurance & the list goes on & on.
    That's why most folks will run cocktails , meaning a group of different steroids to get or get close too a complete balance.
    But Most that I have personally know & even famous ones that I followed growing up , all lost most if not all gained using drugs.
    But the exact same is with animals.
    I have seen a lot of "garbage dogs" that "looked better than what they really actually were while on steroids!
    They were strait mediocore ,average , nothing special dogs. They competed into the same mediocore type wild hogs. But as long as the dog would scratch he could have a chance of only "out lasting the competition.
    Not better than, just out lasting.
    "THE BEST OF 2 BUMS"
    Some folks will file teeth & put on steroids to make appear that it bites harder than it actually does.
    Some folks will give "bute" to a dog , to make it look gamer than it actually is.
    Bute is something used on horses to make lame horses appear to walk ok.
    The animal doesn't feel as much pain.
    There's a lot of dirty stuff that goes on as is.
    But you cannot tell me in any way that steroids don't make a difference because it does.
    In my firm belief that if any dog holds the tittle Champion then he should live up to it natural.
    Why ? Because people are breeding dogs off this dogs expecting like results naturally !
    Folks will raise these pups & dogs expecting to get the bite the ch was known for or the wind the ch was known for & so on, but end up culling dogs ,believing it was supposed to be something it never was in the 1st place. They only raised what the CH was itself. Mediocore.
    That explains a lot of dogs that never produced like dogs. Drugs in most cases.
    If a dog is really a champ that means he was great ..... Prove it again naturally since he so called earned the tittle.
    Unbeatable is un- beatable .
    You will get more of what your looking for & cull a lot less breeding to natural dogs.
    Fact not guess work.
    Again, these are just my beliefs & why I wouldn't waste time on a dog that wasn't great naturally.