1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Breeding to a steroid champ...????

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by BLUE8BULL, Jul 6, 2014.

1. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

A lot of those dogs that went 1,2 3 hrs etc, will not have went that long if not on drugs. But to many will cull dogs down from them expecting to get the same time down from them. They will expect to get hard biters but cull litters because the ch never was hard biter itself. You can't put sugar on some shit & call it a donut!

2. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

One has nothing to do with the other. A dog either can produce or he can't produce. His exploits have nothing to do with his ability to produce. If he wins X amount of matches on steroids or if he wins his championship naturally, neither have anything to do with his ability to produce.

A lot of good dogs over the years have been produced by curs or cold dogs. Speaking of facts, more winning dogs are produced by non-winning dogs than winners producing winners. Why? Because winning has absolutely nothing to do with production. Since winning has nothing to do with production, it really does not matter whether the dog won with enhancements or won naturally. Just does not matter, Does not factor in.

On the other hand what people are looking for in breeding to winning dogs or popular dogs or dogs 'tight' on a certain bloodline is the warm fuzzies. They simply feel better about breeding to a winning dog. In time if that winning dog produces good dogs it is because he was a good producer not because he was a winner.

Not all that difficult a concept. S

3. old goat

old goat CH Dog

damn ziggy where do you come up with this stuff ?

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Lmao I am with OG ! Ziggy that is by far one of the most retarted post I ever heard....And you are capable of much better !

5. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

No it isn't retarded for someone with common since but it is for those with out it.
    But telling folks who obviously really don't know or understand actually how Steroids work".
    It's not hard to understand the difference between skills & skills using performance enhancers.
    Big ass difference!

Natural skills that cleary show the winners are different then wins that are made by going the distance or by someone cheating.
    A quick winner is the clear winner. Condition & performance enhancers had no play in it.
    But long time winners cleary has more of a chance winning based on condition & performance enhancers.
    It's dumb to think other wise.
    Only weak people will justify the need to use something & then say it played no role.
    So don't use them then since then didn't play a role!
    You claim they don't then don't.
    Strong folks won't have to cheat.
    They have good bulldogs that don't need anything but sex, time, place & weight.
    Nothing else!

A different error Obviously !

To many dogs will finish a hunt in under 15min.
    That's how there are naturally.
    If it didn't happen in 15 then it dam sure was over in less than 30 min.
    There were a few that went a while longer , & one or two that went over an hour.
    They didn't need enhancers because they were more finishers than they were long haul runners.
    A little work was all that was needed & even then that wasn't always needed.
    Back to using people as examples.

Mike Tyson knocked out folks in less than a few mins early in his carrier.

It didn't matter about enhancers because they didn't last long enough to where training & endurance meant more than skills.

But for boxers that went all of the way to the final round & were on steroids, There fights lasted long enough that training would play a major role in the final decisions.
    So if they had used performance enhancers than those fights would be question able
    Any ones would that used performance enhancers.

So back to dogs, by all means continue to use drugs!! Please do. Shoot them up & everything off them. Please!!!

You make it awhlole easier in the furutre for others .
    I hated for those starting out with dogs these days learning or being told stuff like this. It's crazy.
    Confusing & twisting up simple stuff like this.
    Natural Performance vs Performance using enhancers.
    There's a reason you have a "2 different people" that are Natural Mr. USA & a Mr USA in the same year in bodybuilding.
    There's a reason why folks have "LOST OLYMPIC MEDALS & OTHER SPORTS TITTLES" USING THESE SAME DRUGS!!!
    All I can say is I would not feed a dog that needed it to win!
    And dam sure wouldn't expect to get the same results are better off pups down from them that aren't on steroids.
    Period!
    Hoped I had dumbed it up enough for you to understand bamaman to understand the point trying to make. Just trying to use different examples.

6. ragedog10

ragedog10 Top Dog

Roids will not make a dog game never have never will. Have I used them no, in a long drawn out contest gameness comes into play. In everyone s pedigree there are dogs that were done on Roids. Like I stated early competitors are always looking for away to stay ahead of the competition. Some of these posts show some peoples lack of experience with this breed am I a expert no I learn every day. There's no govering body to the dogs nor is it the Olympics. If you don't like like em don't use em. Yis Ole Man

7. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I would also add, Roids do not give the dog any more skills than one without roids has. Ziggy, how do you then view stuff like creatine, RF-1 or any other form of supplements? Dont get me wrong, I dont care for steriods but do not feel its cheating either. Just another tool in the toolbox. Also, comparing matching to the olympics is apples and oranges.

8. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

I wouldn't classify creatine in the same field as steroids.
    That is actually a supplement.
    But ALOT OF SUPPLEMENTS THESE DAYS ARE DESIGHNED TO WORK AS A STEROID WHEN COMBINED WITH CERTAIN OTHERS supplements !
    Doctors told me that for years!
    It allows them to sell certain products over the counter.
    Ok by themselves but combined gives the same effect as a steroid.

But I do know creatine will give your dogs the same thing it has giving quiet a few people.
    Kidney stones!
    Make sure that is completely dissolved before giving it too him.
    For real!!

I had them & others because of creatine use & quit using the stuff on myself & so did others.

I don't know about the RF-1 so can't talk about something I don't know about.
    But B-12 is a good supplement .
    It's not steroids.
    I believe adding some gensing & Ginkoba to boost his oxygen naturally. Red cell if used right is also good.

Just add a little extra fat to the food & a egg & focus more on time working the dog & keeping him close to weight.

But if you keep him on Pro Plan Proffesional as a base mixed with some build jack yearly & cut it with some food from your garden, extra fat & a egg you shouldn't need anything else but more time to work & rest.

Don't wait until you have a show to start working your dog.

Start working your dog.
    Like Rocky's trainer Mick told him in Rocky 2.
    To get a good 30mins you have to train 30 thousand mins.
    Walk, run, Flirt pole, swim.
    Have Him drag some weight, old tire on a rim or something heavy a few times a week for strength.
    Actually play fetch with the dog using a stick or ball & Filrt pole will also help a lot.
    It's the little things that matter.
    Two dogs across from each other on 60ft cable runs will keep them moving even when not in a keep.
    Stay ready don't get ready!
    Just spend extra time working & you won't need all of that stuff if any @ all.

Fact is simple.

When folks join the Army & go to basic training, you won't be giving no steroids, no supplements no nothing.
    They will smoke you {work you out }, from before the sun ever comes up until after the sun has gone down. And in 2 months you'll be ready for anything!

That's just to say it's more about work then it ever would be about supplements.

Don't over train your dogs but always train your dogs!
    Just remember. Folks have been working huskies in Alaska for decades & never needed any of those products. And it mattered for real with them.

9. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

A reason to worry about breeding to a male of the sort is alot of great dogs come up sterile and cant produce.
    The stud demand is so high that the owner cant resist but keep them open at stud and use an alternative stud.
    Be weary of these types that wont let you stick your bitch personally and not sending them ahead.The type a person that juices thier dog usually only have one thing on thier mind,these suspects are in it for money and most would get more as quick as possible.
    Yes juice gives the edge.If two dogs are equally conditioned,matched and handeled with roids being the only difference, the outcome is commen sense...They help in the conditioning,they make the dog more aggressive and help with strength,roid rages are not a rumor.They also help recovery and help further the match career,but often shorten the stud career.Competitors use juice and breeders get it done natural...
    Comparing legal chemicals like creatine etc to illegal roids is nonesense.
    Not a fan,but just cause i dont like it doesnt mean its cheating..DO YOU,the OLE MAN SAID IT BEST,MAKE SURE YOURS IS READY...

10. dwd58

dwd58 Big Dog

Great posts Ziggy!

11. Zylonist

Zylonist Big Dog

Reading some of the responses on this thread has made me laugh a bit. Some don't want to breed to studs or nonetheless have anything to do with dogs that have used steroids because they see it as a fault. What does this say about professional horse racing where there is mega $$$ involved with superb animals and veterinarians who know their s**t regarding drugs and medications and how to monitor/administer these substances. With that mentality horse breeding would be no longer because the majority of horses at the pro level are sauced up. The point being is, I'm sure if California Chrome would have won the Triple Crown and people were aware that the horse was on performance steroids (which everyone does), you think people would deter from breeding to him. If you believe that you are a fool, on the contrary everyone and their mother would breed to that horse steroids or not and that you can bank on.

12. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...the Q should be more clear,,let's say, the only thing ya know about the dog is that he was con; useing steroids..thats the only thing you would know off him...nothing off his past test races/etc/etc....would it put ya off useing him....some interesting answers..??

13. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

it's basicly how many people think the steroids did/do/or make no difference at all...?????

14. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

They can make a lot of difference in performance via excellence in recovery. Exactly the way they were intended. But a dog on steroids will not produce any better, nor any worse for that matter, than he would if he were all-natural in his performance career.

They have nothing to do with one another.

Jeep won four and produced. Frisco did not win squat yet produced. If either of these dogs were exposed to steroids it would not have changed the fact they both produced. Production and performance are completely separate. If he is a steroid champ and producing it is because he is a producer. If he is a natural winner it does not make him a producer.

As I said before if he is producing breed to him, his performance resume, or how he built that resume really does not matter. S

15. david63

david63 CH Dog

Good post Ziggy

16. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...thats a good point slim....jeep---frisco....production...

17. niko

niko CH Dog

Thats not exactly true.the military has been using glutamine as a recovery agent for years in basic training.when used they noticed a sizable decrease in reports from recruits reporting to the medic for common colds and such from over training

18. when they become sterile, is there anything, any way to get them to produce sperm or are they sterile for ever?

19. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

AKA, there are more than a few products which can increase count, motility and even volume. On an old, old dog who's gone to shooting blanks, it's often a lost cause, but I had a 4 year old who really earned being bred, but he produced 0 from 4 breedings. II put him on Tribulus and another natural supp and we tried him again. He produced 9 healthy pups. Don't harbor impossible hopes, but....don't despair, either. If you want it badly enough, keep trying.

20. Dorito

Dorito Pup

About 90% of this post is just outright false.

Alot of great dogs come up sterile and can't produce due to their age. Name me 5 great dogs that you know came up sterile due to steroids. Hell, anyone name 5 that did, and that you know 100% was due to the use of steroids in their keep. There have been countless males that used AAS throughout their entire match career produce pups until their death at ages over 10. I'm positive that somewhere along the way, someone has had sterility issues with their dogs due to their misunderstanding doses of AAS, as that's how it happens. Abuse and ignorance. Your dog won't go sterile if given AAS correctly.

I wouldn't let most anyone personally stick any bitch of theirs to a stud I have due to worries of theft. I don't want folks I don't know coming to my house for other reasons. Why would I want some guy, that I don't know, that wants to breed his dog to my stud at my house? Pictures can be taken.

Roid rage? Define roid rage in a dog please. How do you discern roid rage from normal aggression in a dog?

How do they further a match career if your AAS enhanced dog loses his first time with a career ending loss or passes on?

A lot of competitors ARE breeders of their own dogs, and if they know how, or want to learn how to use AAS, they will. I can think of 5 breeders off the top of my head that advocate the use of AAS. Most people that want to give their dog every advantage to come home will use AAS. Some won't. That's about the long and the short of it there.