1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Breeding to a steroid champ...????

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by BLUE8BULL, Jul 6, 2014.

1. niko

niko CH Dog

Most people that talk about roids dont know sh@@$.almost always their info comes from hearsay lol. I worked at a gym for 10 years and knew many bodybuilders that took roids inluding myself and not once did I or anybody I knew experience roid rage lmao.steroids do make synapses fire faster so it does help reaction time thats why i believe it helps hitters in baseball and sprinters along with the strength aspect

2. niko

niko CH Dog

In human sport there's an agreement not to use it so then its cheating but if there's no agreement between partys of the dogs how is that cheating?

3. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

you can't get your GrCh unless you agree to Olympic style testing

4. Dorito

Dorito Pup

I hope you're kidding.

5. rroscoe

rroscoe Lightner Hemphill / Colby

No you have no way to judge it's actual performance and what the throw will be

6. STONEY

STONEY Pup

what does it matter?

7. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

Must be some new kind of Army doing some new kind of things, wouldn't doubt what you say is true. I believe you, anything is possible these day's but I had joined back in 1985 ,10 duty stations , & never even heard of that.
    Now I have been retired for awhile and still have a few Soldiers who are retiring now, but still never even heard of them using glutamine or anything else all of the troops as a whole.
    Not to say what they don't do now , but they also give them crybaby passes call stress cards that we never had or needed.
    I used to workout & do natural body building from 1979 to not to long after retirement & hung out with like people. Just to say I studied pretty much like info as yourself.
    But naturally by benching for reps 405 lbs, naturally humping 75lb rucksacks 12.5 miles in 3.5 hrs, Fort Bragg Qualifications little less weight , Naturally running 3-11 miles 5 days a week & so on & so forth, nothing other than natural was needed.

The Army has something called Master Fitness. An additional school I also went to. So like I said. I understand you completely about re coupe time , supplements & nutrition.

Don't get me wrong I understand what you are saying & why, but "JUICING DOGS WILL MESS UP A FAMILY BECAUSE THE INDIVIDUAL DOG WILL NOT PASS ON GAINES ACCOMPLISHED BY DRUGS!! It just don't work like that. This is just one reason that only some dogs & family of dogs only work for some folks! Every dog don't work the same for every one.

If he wins because he was in better shape & not better skills & the shape was based on drugs, & he could not have gone as long without the use of steroids then nieghther will dogs off him go as long .
    LIKE BEGAT LIKE.

People will breed & feed dogs expecting 1hr out something that can barely go 30 mins naturally. They will expecting to see bone crushers from dogs that can't bite threw wet tissue on a windy day naturally.

That's a reason no matter who they come off or how they are bred check them! Make sure they are what they are supposed to be.

You'll produce more miediocore dogs than good dogs if not careful . You'll cull more than you need to & get rid of more than you keep , thinking he's not producing like dogs when the fact is he couldn't go that distant naturally also. He is just producing what he is.
    They will be expected to do things that the sire couldn't himself with out drugs. it's not in them from the begging.

Dogs can only produce what is naturally in them. Not what kind of drugs or training that were put in them.

If someone is not a breeder & needs and edge than so be it. Not my business and I don't care. Good luck. Wish you the best. But when introducing a dog into a family that miediocore dog is already weak. And the litter can not just hybridize alone with it but pull strong on the weak dog. "THAT'S WHY WE CULL EVEN THOUGH PARENT IS A TITTLED DOG".
    weak genes won't just still get through but may intensify..

When it comes to PASSING ON TRAITS CONCERNING PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES you can easily over look the obvious masked by drugs.
    That's all I'm saying about doing right by the family of dogs & not by the pockets of men.

8. STONEY

STONEY Pup

steriods will not i repeat will not make your dog game or should i say gamer cry babies cry over everything where will you fall in line?

9. old goat

old goat CH Dog

stoney you know you can't tell someone that knows everything that they are full of crap .

10. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

No ne is even suggesting they will make a dog game but telling it will make a dog last longer THAN THAT SAME DOG WOULD IF DID NOT USE IT.

If not explain why would you even use a steroid then?

If steroids add nothing extra, why do you use them?
    THIS SHOULD BE COMMON SINCE BUT IT'S NOT.
    It's not even suggested making dogs gamer it said breeding to a steroid ch!

It's not cry babies as stated before concerned about the outcome of a show but breeding to a dog that may not produce close to what you have seen in a show!

That's what the tittle" breeding to a steroid ch means to me."
    Gameness is a part of winning. Don't matter how game he is if have no skills ( Ability),, no finish, lack of wind , & a few more things.

Gameness has been made more focus from book & internet people than the actual hunters who know balance is more important than just one trait.
    I love to see hogs built for nothing. "All heart & no smarts".
    YOU NEED A ALL AROUND BALLANCE DOG NOT FOCUSSED ON 1 PAGE OF THE STORY. Gameness is just 1 part & 1part only to a well balanced recipe.
    You need everything or else why do people cross dogs with different skills?

I don't feed stuff like that.
    NO matter how game they are, if they are just game then they just have to go!

At the end it clearly states "If someone is not a breeder & needs and edge than so be it. Not my business and I don't care. Good luck. Wish you the best. But when introducing a dog into a family that miediocore dog is already weak. And the litter can not just hybridize alone with it but pull strong on the weak dog. "THAT'S WHY WE CULL EVEN THOUGH PARENT IS A TITTLED DOG".
    weak genes won't just still get through but may intensify..

When it comes to PASSING ON TRAITS CONCERNING PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES you can easily over look the obvious masked by drugs.
    That's all I'm saying about doing right by the family of dogs & not by the pockets of men. "..
    Meaning when it comes to breeding asteroid ch. don't look for same results in pups.
    Nothing else.
    It's people who don't get the same results & cry blaming the dog for not throwing what they seen in him while he was on steroids.

11. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Call me what ever you desire but I have to agree with Ziggy on the points he made.

12. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

Full of knowledge not full of crap. If "some" had 1/2 of the knowledge & less the hate, no one would have to explain to them it was referring to about "breeding to a steroid ch " , & given the reason made simple why someone may choose not too, but not simple enough for some.
    Nothing said is about steroids make dogs gamer, but when you can't fully comprehend the question you give a crazy response.
    A question is given an answer on why "I " would not do so".

Hate less & read more , before deciding to making your statement.

Someone surely didn't understand it & my reasons for why " I " wouldn't do it & you weren't even apart of the convo but felt need to say something stupid but couldn't give solid reason for breeding to a steroid champ.

Some choose came off ignorant & childish in one blow.
    "I" guess some were just busting with so much crap "themselves" & just had to let some out before they busted.

Validate your beliefs who ever you are on why it would benefit a breeding.
    I just simply gave mine.

Don't "TALK CRAP, YET HAVE NO CLUE".
    If someone believes it would benefit to breed to a steroid ch then post it & say why you believe so!

Your comment might have made some kind of sense then but it doesn't.

LET'S JUST KEEP IT REAL. I LOVE WHEN YOU GIVE FOLKS THE ANSWER TO THE TEST & THEY STILL DON'T GET IT.
    BY ALL MEANS BREED TO STERIODS DOGS HOPING FOR THE SAME RESULTS!!!
    Please do. For real.

Not only will you make life easy for the rest of the folks, waste more time ,money but most important remember this topic!

"DON'T HATE PARTICIPATE, Use a valid reason to breed to a steroid champ! Not some old childish response!
    You don't like my answer than you give a valid reason to breed to a steroid ch & how it will benefit a litter & leave the childish ish out of it!
    Ain't but 1 me so let me worry about me. You just do you!

Folks who have done much of nothing or nothing @ all , will always sit in the shadows hatting.

People who are making moves don't have the time to worry about what others are doing & never really pay attention to them.
    WHO ARE YOU ANY WAY old goat?? ........Exactly!!!! MY Point!!

13. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I do understand that it aids in the after care , after a match.I get that point but with that point being taken I also realize it helps before the match also.Faster recovery equals more output.And I am not taking sides here really..I don't care if you use them or not.

14. old goat

old goat CH Dog

you still don't know what your talking about . steroids won't make a dog win or loose . the dog needs to be a good 1 either way . the reason why you don't get it is because you have no idea of what your talking about . how many dogs do you think are in your pedigree that has won on roids ? i bet more than you ever seen in your life ? WHO ARE YOU ANY WAY old goat?? someone that knows more than you i guess LOL . if you don;t have a good dog you will never win unless you pick your spots or go into curs . a valid reason for breeding to a steroid champ is because he should have come from good dogs in the first place to be where he's at . NOW DID I BACK IT DOWN FOR YOU ziggy ?

15. dwd58

dwd58 Big Dog

Good points Ziggy........Tell it like it is!

16. STONEY

STONEY Pup

ziggy made no valid points ... he assumed dogs on roids are weak or just game .....steriods will give your dog a advantage of being stronger and stronger lets you do what you want most of the times there is no reason to assume you know everything or act like a big shot you just make your self look like a dick. and this is whats wrong with this sport ......the funniest thing i have heard was game dogs are no good in your eyes if that is so what seperates are dogs from any other these dogs are game dogs period ok enough of the ranting back to you breeders .................just because a dog was on ped's does not mean they where weak what so ever ....

17. STONEY

STONEY Pup

oh side effects to steriods they will thin your dogs blood so clotting will be a problem so i heard but what due i know.............please chime back with a gentlemens response so that we can have more knowledge and less bullshit..

18. STONEY

STONEY Pup

oh steriods have no effect what so ever on a dogs offspring ....

19. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

If you choose to breed to a dog because he is a champion, then that is a slippery slope in itself. If you choose not to breed to him because he is a steroid champion then you could very well be missing out on something.

If I am going out looking for a dog to breed to I am not looking necessarily at the winner himself as much as I am the dog that made the dog, and the family of the dog that made the dog. I am looking for a known producer, from a family of producers in order to land me some performers, and hopefully down the road a producer for myself.

If steroids helped a dog make champion, so what, as it has zero impact on his ability to be a producer of good dogs.

Steroids can very well make a good dog better and it can and has been the difference in winning and losing. Anyone who thinks differently is just fooling themselves. He may be a front running cur himself, but if he runs out front long enough and hard enough he can stop the gamest of dogs.

At the same time a person should look at the desired results at the different stages. People go to the box to win, not determine if they have a dog worthy of being bred, or to see how they match up against the competition. It is all about winning. Why would people cheat if it is such a noble effort on show night? Because they want to win. Why do people use steroids? Because they want to win. Right or wrong, good or bad, maybe not your cup of tea, but the idea is to win.

For me, I would rather track down the dogs that made the champ or the steroid champ and start from there. S

20. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

This is the best post ive read on this thread and oh so true. Great post as always Slim....