1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Breeding to a well bred cur?

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by NC, Sep 14, 2009.

1. sega

sega Big Dog

a friend of mine told me his brother raised bullyson on frenchman street in new orleans " the house is long gone now, half way burned" does anyone know of this to be truth?

2. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

No bullyson was from texas

3. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Tell ur friend hes full of shit! Lol

4. sega

sega Big Dog

i had a feeling he was fabracting a lil bit lol but hey like i say if it make for a good story tell it even if you gotta add a lil lol

5. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Lol i was the one who bred honeybunch, i dont care what they tell ya! Lmao

6. Boze sorry for the late answer, you stated that not all dogs that quit are curs, I differ completely with you on that, here if it quits, no matter what it did before it's a cur and treated accordingly. Also, once a cur always a cur, thats our philosophy based on our limited experience.

I feel like I should appologize for this, for hurting the feelings of a friend of a friend, but I won't because I know I'm right.

7. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Big Dog

I'm going to disagree with you my good friend Gringopistolero. Nigger ROM quit sveral times, Bullyson ROM quit, Snooty ROM quit twice and both parents of Gr Ch Bango & Gr Ch BB Red quit. How a dog performs USUALLY has nothing to do with how a dog produces. It all comes down to the make up of the dog(pedigree) that determines what it produces.

8. Boze

Boze Top Dog

i was trying to say what we both already agreed on g. some ppl are of the class the dog can stand he can scratch but we both agreed that a dog in shock may be able to stand but have no clue to where he is. i feel a dog in shock can not make the conscious decision to go or not go. a cur to me is a dog who can go but actually is afraid to go, which is why i see a difference between a dog who literally jumps the pit and one who stands, both are curs but one is ranker than the other

9. Crazy Horse while it may be true all you say about those dogs quitting and being good producers, once again we have the advantage of hindsight with those dogs. This is something neither you nor I will enjoy with our dogs so to me the fact that those dogs happen to produce is no excuse for breeding to a cur.

Are you saying that it's ok to breed to a cur now based on the fact that some time around 40+ years ago a couple of curs happen to produce? That doesn't sit right with me I could never do that.

Boze, as I said I have mixed feelings regarding a dog in shock and in that particular case I would look at it again before deciding to cull or not but the last thing I would do is to breed to it before I checked again, and even then I would probably breed to one of his brothers that didn't stop,, just in case cuz you don't want to get all infested with that cur gene.

10. gillagan

gillagan Big Dog

Nigger quit a few times??? Na I don't see that.

11. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

I agree there is a huge level of currs. There are lots of curr CH dogs, There Are bloodlines off currs. Its All in I bet my curr can beat your curr.lol And once and awile you see those ones do it a real dog a game to the bone one and some times you get yourself a litter of them and you will be a proud papa. And you will go far with them if you still treat them as they will all stop. You will house your dogs, feed your dog and work your dogs better then. You will find out the best of them and breed then only and you will be a better dog man couse of it. just understand they can all be beat and, you let them get beat on to long one or two things will happen your dog will stop or you can say he was dead game.

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Good post j

13. Guys, there are hard game dogs as well as hard curs and.... they both eat the same food. Feed it to the right dog.

14. Hachiman

Hachiman Big Dog

Finley's CH BO ROM curred. Then went on to go over 2 hrs for 2 more wins. In all he won 6 with only the 1 loss to mar his record. This is not an excuse to use curs as brood stock, just stating a well known fact of APBT history.

15. Hachiman while all you say is true, how many Bo's and Bullyson's have you seen in your lifetime? if you want my advice don't bet on a freak, put your money on consistency and gameness and you'll get your good dogs.

16. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

In nature a female wouldnt breed to a cur or unfit male.She would choose the male who is most capable ,strong and smartest she can.And most of the time only the gamest , strongest males will breed.When large herbivore go into rut basically they matching to see whos strongest gamest most fit for survival.He will Earn the rite to breed.The females will choose this male because he insures them the best chance of having offspring that can survive and thrive in a harsh world.The lioness will not breed to the loser or quitter of a fight and the winner wont allow it anyway.All the cubs wont make it or be fit for survival but even a wild animal knows the chances for having capable offspring r increased by choosing a male with the rite stuff so to speak.Yall can argue with each other but u cant argue with nature.She knows best.And she wouldnt allow curs to breed on her yard

17. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Ive only seen three living things that would fight to the death just for the injoyment of it a dove a Rooster a pitbull, no other things do it for injoyment, That is how it is set up for when the one not injoying anymore has the right to stop or curr, in the wild they fight a lil push and shove its over nothing at all like a pit contest. I think alot of yall are missing the point, dogs stop for differant ways YOU have to do the math see if you can live with the numbers and go from there. This is called a GAME for a reason if you could just breed two best dogs every time and get world beaters it would be easy, DOGS produce thats all there is too it. some dogs can produce winners no matter what they have in them, I will breed what gives me hunters, Yall keep tring to place the puzzle together the game will be over. Play then make your choices on what makes good dogs.

18. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

actually animals in rut will go to the death often. from elk to elephants to hippos and elephants seals and the like.Its much more common then u think or know.Many animals will lose they life fighting for the rite to mate.Its a game to us not to the dogs or wild animals.My point was in the wild a female will choose the male who has what she wants in her offspring.We select for gameness(What we want in the offspring).What im saying is nature shows us that you should breed to what you want to produce.Like i said all of a lioness cubs wont make it weather she breeds to the king of the pride or the one that the king has just thrashed and chased out of the pride.But she will choose the king because its ups her chances to produce a future king or queen or cubs that r more capable of surviving to maturity.So going by that theory then if you want game dogs you up your chances by breeding game dogs.And ill takes natures word win it comes to breeding.When we start making them in test tubes the ill take a mans word

19. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Also trip j what makes you think they fight for fun just cause we do sometimes.The dogs were bred to do it and the birds would do it in the wild if they couldnt avoid each other.Shit like i said i use to box and yeah a lot of aspects of it are fun but and me and alot of boxers i know dont do it for fun we do it out of an inside urge to compete on the highest and most ancient level..Not fun.The birds do naturally cause they extremely territorial and the dogs do it cause we bred them that way.Dont humanize them

20. Ummm,, how do you know if a chicken is having fun? lol