1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Breeding to a well bred cur?

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by NC, Sep 14, 2009.

1. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Big Dog

Would I breed to a cur? ABSOLUTELY! Performance USUALLY has nothing to do with the ability to produce. There have been very few exceptions to this rule and those individuals are considered prepotent and they are extremely rare.

All the dogs I named in my previous post all have the same thing in common.

1) All those dogs were match dogs, none were no talent bum dogs.

2) All those dogs were from litters where there were successfull littermates.

3) All those dogs first three generations were made up of exceptional individuals.

4) Those exceptional individuals in the first three generations were from litters who littermates were successfull.

The question or point isn't about a few individuals who were curs that produced the point or question should be how many curs would have produced if many could seperate two seperate unrelated traits!

Yes hindsight is so crucial to breeding because history has shown us common denominators to why dogs produce. You can take any family or line of dogs and can just about pinpoint why a certain individual or segment was more successfull!

You NEVER breed to an individual dog, NEVER! You breed to that individual dog's littermates, it's parents, it's parents littermates and so on.

2. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Just ask anyones you see crossing the road.They never lie lol

3. Hachiman

Hachiman Big Dog

You don't have to worry about me breeding to any curs. I've been doing this for a few years(26 to be exact), so I know what I'm doing. I was just pointing out that there are exceptions. BO was supposedly 16 months old when he curred. In my opinion, he was too young to have even been bumped when he quit. This was a situation that needn't to have happened. If his owner had been patient he would probably be known as Finley's GR CH BO ROM. I have said often that patience is a virtue, and that goes double for a dogman. If you can't wait for the dog to mature, you have no business with these dogs.

4. Hachiman

Hachiman Big Dog

Here's 1 that I would not have bred to at all: Crenshaw's CH OTIS ROM. He jumped the wall in his 5th. There was no excuse for that one.

5. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Damn lol ... See to me that's the worst kind of cur one that will jump the wall vs a dog who quits because he's in shock or too hurt to continue.... But it's interesting how some of these dogs will go the mile and win a few and then on their 4th or 5th jump the wall. It just makes you think about gameness and to what extent the dogs can be pushed before they give in. I know most people hate to think of the dogs quitting/stopping but to hear these types of stories about dogs who have proved they were worth something made CH and then just jumped the wall it just makes you see them as just dogs who were pushed to their breaking point.

6. Hachiman I never meant to imply that you had bred to curs so I'm sorry if it came out that way. When I give my opinion I am thinking in general terms with any dogs from any families or lines. In general terms my opinion is that you never breed to any known cur no matter what it did during its carreer. But my opinion isn't any better than the next man's, it's just my opinion.

Sadie as with all animals age takes a toll. Even humans change as they mature and when older they are not the same as when they were young. I think this same thing applies to dogs, which is why a dog that remains game till the end has such a high value.

7. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Good convo, always a pleasure reading but Bo wasn't 16 months when he quit and already had a win under his belt. He was a really good dog and ran into another good one.. Otis didn't jump the pit, that's a rumor he did get choked out and quit but he didn't jump the wall and go hide under a car. If you woul breed to Bo or Bullyson you might as well breed to Otis. In a previous outing he had 20 scratches...

8. cincyboy

cincyboy Big Dog

now i heard it all this man would jump at the chance to breed wit a cur. lol too funny man

9. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Im not talking about Rutting And Things of that nature Im talking bout two animals that see each other and for no reason will get into a scrap and have all the chance not two but go looking for it so they have to be kept away by man, Are game dogs , Game roosters and lil doves lol.

10. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I know exactly what your talking about tj, animals competing to breed are usually only that way during specific times. Roosters an bulldogs are the only animals that I know of that when set free, rather then run for their freedom would instead run over to another rooster or bulldog looking for a fight rather than run away. I don't know about doves in that manner because I never seen 2 doves go at it but I sure do enjoy smacking then with birdshot out of my Remington 870 express ;)

11. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

I see what u mean Trip j but even so the point is even in nature an animal will breed to what they want to produce.I never meant to imply these animals were game by any means.Im just saying in the wild a female will choose the best male to mate with.Nature has set the example and thats breed to what you want to produce.If you want game dogs breed game dogs.All animals no this.Certain birds wont breed to a half ass nest builder.Dont breed to half ass dogs.Alfa female wolf dont breed to nobody but the alfa male.Why cause he has earned it and proven to be worthy of fathering her offspring wich she hope with will be like daddy get it see the pattern.Cur dog more than like wouldnt breed in the wild

12. old goat

old goat CH Dog

some male horse will hurt or kill another male just because he's the stud and there . and they do match them in other countries . quail will go just because he can . they fight them in other countries . and male lions will kill because your not from him . he will find a female and try to kill her guy . then he will kill every male there to stop the comp before he gets to old and someone kills him . but that does'nt mean their game . i guess it means i will kill you if you get in my way . the quail are good to .

13. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Old goat i wasnt trying to say they were game.I was just saying unfit males/cur most likely wouldnt breed in the wild

14. According to Crenshaw Otis was on bottom, got up, turned and moved toward the wall but never went over.

15. Hachiman

Hachiman Big Dog

I could understand a dog being choked out, then being disoriented and wandering away, but I was told the other story. Now, I know Crenshaw is a lot of people's idol, but I also know the he might not have lived up to the hype. I will also say that the guy who owned BO after he quit claimed he thought BO was rubbed. That's why he took him out again and he went over 2 hrs on at least 2 other occasions.

16. venom

venom Top Dog

Bo went 2 hours with vindicator and was picked up as told by Irish Jerry. He didn't run his courtesy scratch after the fact and that's why he was said to quit. But If he
    near 2 with vindicator you can only imagine what type of dog he was himself to go two hours plus after that match. Never heard about the rub

17. true grit

true grit Pup

I would kill an animal like bully-
    son. From everything I read he was
    a great dog and he at least
    deserved to live out the rest of his
    life on someone's yard as a stud
    dog. quote from sadies post.
    I mean this with no disrespect to you girl. Ok I wouldve culled his ass before that b bob match. WHY. HE WAS A F'N PPL BITER AND TRIED TO BITE ALL INVOLVED WITH HIM BY ALL ACCOUNTS. THAT FACT IS THE ONLY ONE AGREED ON BY ALL PARTIES INVOLVED. SO IF HE WAS MINE HE WOULDA BEEN PUSHIN DAISIES. GOES TO SHOW YOU HOW ALL WERE GREEDY AND ABOUT THE DOLLAR ABOVE ALL. LOOK WHAT THAT CAUSED. I'M NOT SAYIN HE DIDN'T PRODUCE SOME FINE DOGS. IF HE WERE MINE AND TRIED TO BITE ME OR A FAMILY MEMBER HE WOULDA NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO QUIT OR PRODUCE. THESE DOGMEN AFOREMENTIONED CLAIMED TO DO THE SAME TO PPL BITERS. NOBODY WANTED TO HANDLE THIS DOG, BUT HE WAS MAKING MORE THAN A FEW MONEY SO THEY THREW THEIR MORALS TO THE WAYSIDE AND SO MANY PPL PUT THEM ON PEDESTALS AS HONEST AND FULL OFF INTEGRITY WHEN IN MOST OF THEM IT WAS THE OPPOSITE. I COULD GO ON BUT I THINK ITS POINT TAKEN. KNOWING THIS PPL SAY THEY WOULD LOVE TO BREED TO HIM. THAT SHOWS THE STANDARDS OF WHAT YALL ARE BREEDING TODAY. A LOT OF TRUTH SURFACED IN THIS THREAD, AND IT REFLECTS IN THE GAME TODAY.

18. true grit

true grit Pup

Btw people biting is usually a tell of a CUR.

19. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Since when? Zebo was far from a cur. Yellow John far from a cur.

20. true grit

true grit Pup

I said usually...... u named two that were exceptions. usually doesn't mean always. nonetheless he was a man biter unlike no other recorded. I woulda culled him for my families and any other handlers safety etc. If you had a dog like that on your yard what would u do???