1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Breeding to a well bred cur?

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by NC, Sep 14, 2009.

1. cincyboy

cincyboy Big Dog

if u not gon mate him wit the best bitch u got then y bred him u not even givin him a chance to produce if u bred him to a second rate bitch

2. hardtime

hardtime Big Dog

the boyles line for the most part is based on producing curs

3. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Wouldn't breed him to my best producing bitch, cause if he can produce to any female, then he can produce.

4. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Thats only considering the 50% that comes from the male
    If u gotta bad bitch n stick her to a good producer u may drop phenomenal dogs.
    Lets not forget, bitches produce too!

5. I think you are right and you all should be breeding to well bred curs.... and I hope our competition is reading this and believes me lmao!

6. You know,, just the fact that a story exists about dogmen who rolled a dog, had it quit and then that dog was still alive and went on to be bred,,,, shows you what kind of dogmen they were.

7. NGK

NGK Top Dog

This site needs a like function for posts like this one, has someone ever said something that changes the way you think about them forever? I hate to say it Mac11 but DAMN man....

NGK

8. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Lol, for sure. :)

9. AGK

The thought wouldn't even cross my mind. Regardless of what dogs were behind the dog.

10. NGK

NGK Top Dog

With all the well bred proven dogs out there, even if it meant the end of the line forever, I wouldn't breed a cur with my grannys houscat!!

NGK

11. inbred78

inbred78 Pup

I would not breed to a cur if mayday was in the ped 1000 times or any hound cur =cur.........

12. gillagan

gillagan Big Dog

I have one question. Dose a dog quitting, have anything to do with the genes he carry ? The ability to trow a good dog was in him or her from birth it dose not have anything to do with his actions in the box

13. AGK

14. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

say what you like, but it was always a gamble....cur or Ch

15. NGK

NGK Top Dog

I believe that it does, if gameness is genetic then the genes needed to create a game dog or a dead game dog can only come from a dog that shows the qualities you are breeding for. Like any other trait the more you obtain said trait within the line the easier it is to breed for.

Now some will say that gameness isn't genetic but I disagree, if it were not a genetic thing then we would all have gamedogs every time or curs every time depending on how we raise the dogs. The books wouldn't be about bloodlines and conditioning they would be about how to MAKE your dog game and thier would be formulas to enhance gameness etc...

I think a cur line is going to produce more likely curs and a game line more likely game. The theory that a dogs pureness to a game strain will guarantee gameness to me is obsurd as each breeder will breed said line differently and for traits that they desire. If gameness isn't the first trait identified and bred around the longer you breed away from it the more elusive the trait will become.

NGK

16. gillagan

gillagan Big Dog

See I feel best to best is when u breed to the dogs that shows you the family u breed for the best this dog will have to show you the traits that u bred for.
    ( I have see dogs shaped so well there body will not let them quit)

Alot of clod dogs have thrown good dogs so a dog can carry genes and not show what they throw. And even more good dogs have thrown bad dogs so the ability to produce has nothing to do with there actions but more about understanding the family's of dogs u use and the traits that family has Ben bred for.
    Jmo.

17. NGK

NGK Top Dog

I understand what your trying to say but let me ask you this, if you have a yard full of dogs all bred so that their pedigree fits your standards and half are game and half are curs, would you breed to the curs or the gamedogs?

NGK

18. old goat

old goat CH Dog

damn you need to rethink what your doing . just because a dogs in good shape does'nt mean it won't quit .

19. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

You should think about not thinking about me any way. What matters cant type or talk and thats it.

20. NGK

NGK Top Dog

Mac, you can do it however you want but this is a public forum and ill share my opinions even if you don't like it. I think Gilligan and you should share breeding tips.

NGK