1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Building a slatmill

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by bukskin.banks, Aug 14, 2011.

1. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

well i'm not going to put it together width wise yet cause i want to put the side boards up and i need some bolts and nuts for the 2x2. i get paid thursday so i'll be gettin some stuff and doing some work. i'll post pics on thursday night. hopefully i'll have everything but wheels put together sanded and stained if all goes well. wish me luck!

2. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

IMG_0976.jpg IMG_0978.jpg IMG_0977.jpg

starting to secure the frame together. something's i'll do diff next time but at this point it'll still look decent but im more concerned about how sturdy its going to be. it's fairly heavy which will be a good thing. this thursday i will really make some progress. payday and day off :) will post more thursday night. guna be a few things i do to it as well which ill concider accecories :) u'll see ...

3. RRL

RRL Top Dog

Looks good!

4. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

I like it!!! going good!

5. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

IMG_0982.jpg IMG_0983.jpg

ladies and gentleman, wahlah. haha. Got the frame done, going to touch up the sanding and stain it and some type of coating. give me something to do while i wait for the important stuff to show up. going to go try to find some local firehose so i can start pieceing the belt together. i'll update after i stain and what not.

6. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

IMG_0985.jpg

just a little teaser haha. got bored and didnt finish it but decided to play around with color a little. should have two coats on soon, then a poly coating.

7. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

I like the stain. I have a feeling this is going to be a bad ass mill when finished. Good work!

8. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

I'm almost wondering if it would be cheaper to go with wood over metal? Especially considering I can't weld for shit!

9. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

I can buy 2 20 feet peices of 2x2 Square tubing for 40 dollars...that does the frame with about 4 feet drop. By looking at the pictures here i bet he has over that on just the 4x4s or close to it.....How much in wood buk?

10. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

No shit??? So the majority of the bread goes into the wheels n bearings?

11. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

Thats it! the wheels, hubs, wheel rails, axles,bolts, slats and belt is the high shit.... nickle and dime you to death

12. Nash

Nash Big Dog

This weekend i went into a skate shop to look at the prices for some wheels. My wallet jumped the box and ran back home.

13. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Nash check on ebay for wheels,bearings and split go-kart rims.

14. Nash

Nash Big Dog

Thnx for the tip bgblok.

15. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

hey thanks guys, ya metal would prob be cheaper if you know how to weld. cause then you don't gota buy all those stainless steel bolts and washers and nylon locking nuts that i have. but just wood, i wana say about 100 dollars. I could prob piece something together for cheaper but i got to the point where i'm too deep in to give a fuck about the price haha. But just all 8 of the bolts holding the 2x8 to the 4x4 post are like 60 bucks haha. But if you have a welder and what not that'll be cheaper. I'm just glad my frame will be nice and heavy, i think i'll like it.

16. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

Its coming along pretty nice , You can buy a Box of 50 steel wheels from grainger for like 45 bucks .

17. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

IMG_0986.jpg

picked up the belt material today :) i'll prob cut it but i'm not going to be connecting anything till all the wheels are mounted.

18. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

IMG_0991.jpg IMG_0990.jpg IMG_0992.jpg

one coat of polyurethane, i don't want it too glossy i think it's gonna work out good. i'm supposed to get something on monday :) i'll put it on and update then. u'll see .

19. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

I like the color. Its looking good.

20. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

Thanks topbox! Wait till you see the bracket that goes across the top to hold the dog. Should have it done tomorrow, should look pretty good. Wheel rails unfortunately will be here in about a week and a half. and i ordered them on the fucking 12th!! Alaska is gay. My next slatmill i make i'll probably make all the wheels individual with skateboard wheels. green ones :)