1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Cajun Rules vs Others

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by budgee, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

From what I understand S2W was the best way to bring the beasts out of your stock. Not too many dogs would scrattch into a down dog.

2. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

Why change anything, everyone knows 3xw = champion....
    5xw with no losses = grand champion
    10xw no losses = double grand champion.... this is what its being for years, changing the rules will just confuse every one....and what about all the dogs in past that gained the titles with the original rules...R

3. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

Ricky ur right all of our stock has came from dogs that went tru this rules to get there titles so why change it now imo scrach to a down dog is when u know what u have.

4. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Sorry Hammerhead i cal a BS on this one. a dead dog lost the show. cant win anymore!!. no need to punish the victor in trying to see if he quits on a deseased animal other dog did his ore her work the best she could. the Cajun rules Rule. The police gazette rulles where used in the eurly part of the previus century, in that same century the Cajun rules took over and produced better dogs in the long runn Back then!!...... Titels like rom and ch have absolutly NOTHING to do with rules of engagement!!!. the titels where invented bij Don Mayfield who took over the magazine your frind and mine.later when jack Kelly whent with the Sporting Dog Journal. he took these titel rules over and made it more EZ to get titels. sins that one is gone
    POR ROM CH ore GRCH have no merrit at all ..

5. widerange

widerange Big Dog

okay just to make sure im reading this right. pre 76 the rules stated that if you didnt go on your turn and and niether did the other dog then the other dog is the winner? if this is the case, shouldnt the winner be called a quiter too?

6. old goat

old goat CH Dog

that was the rules . and yes the other quit . but it was your turn . rules are rules .

7. i would prefer a dog to scratch and claim his win

8. Mashamplan

Mashamplan Big Dog

These rules are not accepted by all dogmen in south africa, as a lot of us feel theres no need to change from the cajun rules. In any case the sport of matching dogs is illegal here and as such such changes are immaterial. Historically a champ required 3 wins and a grand champ at least 5 wins without any losses. Why change that? I also understood that in a 'scratch in turn' contest , when one doesn't go over on its turn, then the contest is over and the oponent is the winner. I think my countrymen don't understand the term scratch to win and that it is usually offered by the handler of one dog to the other during the contest.

9. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

If it aint broke DONT FIX IT!!!!! lol. Only the people that DONT fully understand Cajun Rules think its wrong and needs fixing lol.

10. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

The rules stated above are proposed to better titled dogs, ensuring that they've gone into worthy competition. I can see all the way from over here in Africa, many champs over there has either gone into micky mouse competition or has had some fake shows.
    I think the guys who've dreamt up these new rules are trying to prevent others becoming the laughing stock as it has been over there.

DISCLAIMER
    The views herein expressed in this forum do not necessarily reflect those of the posters or the forum owners and should be viewed strictly as entertainment and for historical purposes only. The posters nor the forum owners either promote or condone any violations of the "Animal Welfare Act of 1976", or any other Local, State and/or Federal Laws. Again, this post/thread should be viewed strictly as entertainment and/or for historical purposes only!

11. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

LMAO......See post above and read it again lol.

12. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

In the profesional dogfighting scene pre 1974 it was about WINNING and bringing the bacon home.
    Having a dog scratch to win is to show his gameness!!. But a loosing dog can show the same thing when pict up and give a courtesy scratsh. same with a winning dog from where the owner tought he might doubt his gamness.

So there is absolutly NO REZEN to scratch to win when his uponed was deseast. However many a time during a show back then when two uponends where down and out for a long time, ofhen one party gave the other party a upertunaty to scratch to contingnew ore a scrath to win. ore the winner would ask for a courtesy scratch aftherwards.
    there for there is absolutly NO REZEN to go with anything other then the Cajun rules.

13. Red Nose

Red Nose Pup

please i need help with these titels
    1xl 1xgl whats the diffrence

14. damon

damon Banned

1l is a dog that as either quit or didn't scratch and a 1gl is a loosing dog that as made its scratch

15. sega

sega Big Dog

im trying to learn abt the history of the game dog, FOR HISTORICAL STUDIES ONLY and i need some help with the term, explain what it means to

1. scratch

2 scratch on a dead dog

3. turn

4. courtesy scratch

ps FOR HISTORICAL STUDY ONLY

16. sega

sega Big Dog

bump

17. sega

sega Big Dog

lol i been waiting on someone to answer this since last night, its help me understand what im reading if i know the terms, i search google cant find shit abt the definition other then some animal welfare groups and i dunno wanna read their shit cause all they do it give their own definitions

18. olrts

olrts Banned

Buy a book, some oldtimers have written good ones, if you dont know what scratch or turn means i think no one will it explain to you here

19. sega

sega Big Dog

i got the complete gamedog on the way, i have a basic idea but just wanted a more detailed explanation, a turn is when he turns away and scratch it 2 go at the other dog but in the rules it says a turn will be considered head and shoulders turn away, what if the dog spins and hit is it still considered a turn?

20. sega

sega Big Dog

im pretty much trying to figure out, to get a winner the dog must no be able to reach his opponent right?
    lets say dog 1 is released and he scratchs but fails to reach dog 2 so then dog 2 would be the winner?

and lets say dog 1 IS able to reach dog 2 at what point would it be determined that they r pulled back to their corners, if neither of them make a turn and they just bite onto each other and fall over in exaustion, their r technically still engadged but their not doing anything just laying on the rug gripped onto each other, at what point will they be taken back to their corners. im sure some people r wondering the same thing but just wont ask cause they dont wanna feel stupid, im trying to learn so i can have a better understanding of this so i can further study the history of this breed. i havent the kinda knowledge of the sport some people in here have, im just trying to learn cut me some slack its not like u can google this shit and it tells you it all, ive been googling and most the info is from the SPCA and i dont wanna read their shit cause their biass and they lie. the other 80% are people who say I HOPE A PITBULL kills yr ass you fuckin dog fighting pos. im looking for a reasonable answer to help me for the HISTORICAL purposes of learning, HISTORICAL purposes