1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Can a dog tell who is game

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pit#5, Aug 13, 2012.

1. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

My first Pit Bull was 1989 from the pound , My second dog was an APBT from Red Tide Kennels , He (RTK) had many dogs but one in particular Sassy a female was his favorite, On one of my visits I always remember this, and now I'll pose the question based on this story. .
    Sassy was in her create and I never had to worry to bring my dogs to his basement as all his dogs were secure. On one visit my male dog was with me and sassy wanted a piece of him, as i settled down I heard the owner friend of mine say to his dog "Sassy he's a game dog isn't he girl " Then he looked at me " she knows a game dog on sight "
    I never remember her having any concern over my female from the pound .Considering dogs have been proven to detect - Cancer - Hart problems & many other human malaises & even I have seen some amazing intuition from my dogs like when I came home after my hernial operation .
    So is it possible some APBT's can tell if another APBT is game ? if not deep game ?
    seems to me for some why not .

2. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

I have dogs that play with my daughters Heeler mix all the time on the chain....now let a bulldog get close its game on!! Dogs sense aggression.... but some just dont give a flying f... and will hit anything with fur. ;)

3. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

being in town now, im gonna start having Riot point out the strays who are game. i need a few more good dogs

4. Boze

Boze Top Dog

it is not about the dogs being able to tell that another dog is game it is just that some dogs have a certain intelligence or dont care attitude towards dogs that the y do not see as a threat. and usualkly as long as the dog they are around does not challenge them these dogs can and will get along sometimes. let me point put that some dogs can live peacefully for a while and then boom. also certain things trigger dogs that would otherwise get along like food

5. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

Yes at the very least they know who the bulldog is . That I've seen . Well not all dogs can detect cancer but the test subject dogs that can, are superior to science at least if you can believe the discovery channel show.

6. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

I think its more of an aggression thing than the dog sensing gamness.

7. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i was about to clown the fuck outta you until top box answered, and i do understand what you mean. ive had dogs that would be ok with the labs n boxers that made theyre way to our house n stuck around....some would even seem to socialize with the other breeds we had aound......but EVERYTIME a bulldog would get loose there would be a fight, it never failed!.......weird shit, kinda how 8 outta 10 grown dogs wont jump on a pup!

8. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

9. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

jump on that shit #5! she is smokin!!!!!!

10. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Top Dog

Who gives a shit. Whatever you do don't talk, cause then she'll find out. Lmfao

11. Hachiman

Hachiman Big Dog

I can tell you that when I have a kennel accident, it seems they pick and choose which 1's to hit, and it's usually the game 1's that get to see the action. Don't know how they know it, but they do seem to know.

12. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

funny shit thats the same one that lives by me lol. they must use the same girls all the time lol

dogs are smart though. they know what dogs are what. ive always said that about these dogs. i have mine with a lil dog as we speak lol. wont harm the dog, but let it see a bulldog its on lol. smart fuckers they are.

13. rodeoman069

rodeoman069 Big Dog

Booze is right on the matter a good game dog knows what the dill is

14. FrozenEli

FrozenEli Top Dog

15. RED TIDE KENNEL'S TARNA - ONLINE PEDIGREES
    ONLINE PEDIGREES RTK OWNER: RED TIDE KENNELS SEX: FEMALE COLOR: BRINDLE POSTED: 2001-04-09. LAST MODIFIED: 2004-06-24. PEDIGREE HAS BEEN ...

16. preme

preme CH Dog

Lmao send him here when ya done I can use him in my program

17. FrozenEli

FrozenEli Top Dog

Best bait dog ever lol!

18. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Dogs can sense emotional content, and read body languages/signs.

Dogs can also know a lot about another animal just by smelling them.

Can a dog sense gameness?, Not nescesserly but a dog can sense and read the emotional content of another dog that is showing a lot of Confidance or Dominance.

19. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Damn and this whole time i thought i was a mack daddy wit a bad one that wanted to chat wit me......... . .bummer!

20. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

I don't think dogs can tell if another dog is game or not, but I believe they can tell another dogs intentions.