1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Can I ask a question without getting BBQ'd?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by thereseiam, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Gxkon

Gxkon Big Dog

i got a cold dog im in alabama where you at

2. Leslie H

Leslie H Big Dog

My bitch is in no way gamebred, she is not what I consider a true APBT. However, she has many attributes of the breed, including the athleticism and drive to work. She is dog reactive, but enjoys her work enough to allow her to focus on the task at hand. We've been competing in agility since February, and I see a few other APBT's there. So, I think the right APBT could be well suited for what you want. They are very smart, and relatively easy to train. The picture is at class, the video is a competition in July. She loves going fast, especially over obstacles like the A frame.

[​IMG]

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x102/lhaller/?action=view&current=IMG_0217.mp4

3. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

Whatever you wanna call her she is in dam good shape and quite a looker!!!! I think you need to raise that bar for her though lol, looks like she can do better!!!!

4. Chump

Chump Banned

that is a great looking dog!

5. venom

venom Top Dog

Yeah, sounds like a match made in heaven :rolleyes:
    Don't wanna be around when that accident happens.

6. Nova09

Nova09 Pup

Someone mentioned aussie cross APBT, not sure what the aussie is supposed to be so I may be repeating. I would suggest Blue Heeler/Australian Cattle Dog or maybe Kelpie if you can get your hands on one from working stock over there. These dogs are bred to work all day in any conditions and are as tough as f#ck too. Both highly intelligent breeds. Heelers can do virtually anything and are very protective, Kelpies more similar to Border Collies but not as skittish and tougher all round. My last Kelpie bitch had incredible stamina was smart and not scared of anything. As she got older she got a little DA and wouldnt back down from anything - she'd even go back for more when she was copping a flogging (unfortunately). However, thats not necessarily true for all Kelpies. I can guarantee you'd be flat out riding a horse further in a day than either of these can go - JY would probably back me on that one.

7. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

def agree on the purebreds, whoever said to get a aussie[im assuming aussie cattle dog] cros apbt is tripping, your taking away the good traits of each breed and harnessing the bad, lets get a hard mouthed da dog and breed it with aheel nipping owner protective animal and neither will back down from a scrap.

Kelpies, and border collies are very similar, if they dont work for 8 hours a day they pretty much act like they have distemper by the time they are two due to extreme bordom.
    blue heelers are truly great as are aussie cattle dogs, they are far from lazy and need to be busy ALL day, the biggest issue with kids getting nipped here is via "house pet" working breeds that get impatient out of frustration and boredom.

I love kelpies[working stock] they are very steady headed and smart, great with friends and weary of strangers unless trained to like everyone.

There is not enough money in the world that would make me have a border collie too high strung and they are probly smarter than me.lol.

8. popper

popper CH Dog

a border collie bit my little cousin on hisnose .... has a scar running downhis nose .... had to get stiches

9. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

Exactly popper, probly due to the fact it wasnt working, they are not house pets and should not be in my opinion, yes it can be done but i think its cruel, for hundreds of years these dogs work flat out everyday dawn till dusk, and do it with energy spare.

There is a reason those breeds top the bite stats down here, to many familys making working dogs house pets.

10. popper

popper CH Dog

i couldnt agree morejunkyard....def not a good house dog... apbts can be IF IF IF the owner has common sense and lives a very active life style with them

11. lansford101

lansford101 Banned

no i do also

12. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

I got a Jack Russel for a house dog, he's dead game. Son of bitch would get killed in less than 5 minutes by any normal size dog, but he'd go down fighting, that's as game as it gets.

13. popper

popper CH Dog

i bet they would be tucking tail and running inunder 10 minutes

14. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

yb, i had a foxy like that and yeah he died.:)

15. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

:lolbangtable::lolbangtable::lolbangtable:See junkyard, you know what I'm talking about. Dead game dogs ain't hard to find, you just gotta get shit that's easier to kill............

16. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

Was just shattering because it was our worst hunting dog that killed him in the end.
    All started we suspect because the whippet use to allways hump him.
    I allways thought that whippet was gay.

17. Robber

Robber Big Dog

I assume by trail riding you mean horseback - if so, that may be difficult for many true APBT due to potential prey drive(they see an animal on the trail and they are off, there is no "calling off" a driven dog from a prey item), dog aggression(encountering a stray dog on trail), or even excitement/attacking when the horses start running or spook at something. Of course, there are dogs that may exhibit none of this behavior, some that will exhibit all of it, and everything in between, so iut's not impossible,but a pit bull loose anywhere is generally not a good idea.

18. Robber

Robber Big Dog

Good idea - they naturally love to travel long distances, whether you want them to or not! They can also have very high prey drive, so may have a little issue with that - they may run off half a mile after a rabbit.

19. popper

popper CH Dog

my ucle has one.. and he says they can be quiet the escape artist.... the way he got the dog is one day it showed up in his back yard. He also says they dont eat alot at ALL. We live in Louisiana to , so they dookay in the hot humid wheather. Where are you from?

20. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

Good thread, pretty funny stuff. :D