1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Canidae

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by ducho13, Mar 18, 2009.

1. ducho13

ducho13 Big Dog

Here we go again. I did a search on the mentioned kibble and read about the change in formula of the ALS. I also read on another forum that the ratio of Omega 6 to 3 was not proportionate hence the reason for excessive itching. The ingredients look fine to me, yes it has more grains than the original formula but overall it still seems to be a quality feed. The transition period from the old to the new should be over by now, so for those that were feeding the old formula, have you continued with "improved" formula or did it not work for you.

2. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

We don't feed ALS. We feed Canidae lamb and Rice, which is different if you look at it's ingredients. We have been feeding since before the change, around October of 2007. All our dogs do well on it. They eat 2 cups a day except for one who eats 1 3/4. They really like it and they do not itch more than they ever did.

They don't shed excessively, or poop excessively. Their poops are solid. The price for ALS is cheaper but I can't feed a multiprotein to all my dogs One is allergic to chicken and one just doesnt do well eating fish.

So, for us the Lamb and Rice works awesome and the dogs like the taste more since the switch in formulas, supposedly because of the Lamb added to the Lamb meal.

3. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

we have been on the ALS-started 2 weeks before the formula change and still feeding it to this day. not one of the dogs have (had) any problems what-so-ever with the feed.
    aside from the price going up, and weight dropping 5# per bag i have been happy with the ALS

4. mommy2kane

mommy2kane Big Dog

I had my male on Canidae ALS for about 2 years. He did great on it. As soon as they changed the ingredients/formula, he started scratching himself to death. Unfortunately, he never did well on the new formula and we had to change foods.