1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

cannibals

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by snootydogs11, Oct 17, 2012.

1. The fact that wolves attack in packs and he fought them off twice and they weighed more than he did......he should get pussy and steaks for the rest of his life !!

2. It may have been a pack of wolves ,but lone wolves inbetween new packs have to eat also , and a european wolf can weigh from 45 to 90 kgs and is a WILD animal and more than capable of dismantling a bulldog ,especially when hungry .

3. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Plus the dog being on the chain isn't helping the situation either.

4. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

thats why russians are fuckin stupid.......they dont learn from theyre mistakes......how does tht happen twice.....

another reason for me not to like russians.....lol......

5. I agree thats why I was impressed we the dog but it should not have happened twice.
    Didnt Rapid Roy get into with a wolf ?

6. PureGameness

PureGameness Big Dog

Really?

Tell us how you'd stop wolves getting at your animals you genius you.

7. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Regarding the wolves I agree it may be hard to stop all the attacks but I'd be trying a few things if that was happening to me and slow it down considerably. I'd start with a good fence around my yard,(one that was extremely hard to get over,under or around)and I'd trap,poison and shoot wolves as my hobby,lol I'm all for having wild animals around but they better not be doing stuff like this very often or something bad will happen,lol

8. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

i agree that if the bulldog would have been off the chain it would have been harder to kill or he might have killed himself.

9. Foundation

Foundation Big Dog

I tell people but they don't listen.. and that was a funny comment about the russians by the way; well that can be said for the masses. IF you have a BIG ROUGH CUR or Game dog let that bastard hit that wolf. Be there to pick off the invaders .. .. IF you want to go wolf hunting, you take two good bulldogs (catchdogs) and figure out the alpha and set the dogs on him. Hell for that matter have you a bulldog and a big dog 80lbs crazy big hammonds or JRB stock or some of those crazy 75lbs dogs of Garner dogs or two and unleash them as a team on the big grey and white fluffy dog. Im telling you I moved in to a spot in the mtns that everyone for 3 miles up one way and the other warned me about the coyotes eating my dogs, and I chuckled and said well ld say them coyotes better look out for my dogs. Very few people actually seen my dogs but they noticed after one year the coyotes would deminish as they'd come around and I let a dog or two loose, sometimes they'd taunt like coyote do and then people show videos of coyotes playing with their dogs.. LOL wolves do the same thing. I grew up with wolfdogs and my grandpa rescued them from people who didnt need them. There are the large wild caught montanna wolves in KS private zoos as well, one or two I had before I caught bulldog fever were 125 and 165 lbs.. My first bulldog grew up with the pack. Had a lil something upstairs none of the others have had really.

I stumbled upon cannibals pulling the old bulldog out .. the one with a more bulldog type face with undershot scissors and more plier like mouth. Long legs... for terrain but roughly a smaller dog so you could use it on vermin or two on one hog, feral cow, or raging bull and even bear or moose. (original uses for the bulldog before the []).

I was able to pull the small bulldog type dog out of an extreme outcross three different times. Before that the dogs were mostly rednosed and red or buckskin and red or yellow brindle and had heads most often like what you see with the ratliff bred dogs. That were at the smallest 35lbs but not consistant could weigh up to 45 or 50. Those dogs were coyote exterminators and in that where I found the first cannibalistic gene outside of wolves. Turk has it but his sire Hoagie did not, his damsel Duma did. I bred Hoagie to a Dutchie and got one dog just like Turk almost and the same attitude. Shea cute lil thing 27-29lbs and sneaks on any loose dog I have in the yard like shes is a cat and she is so small they ignore her, she aint playing even on the biggest dogs she snagged ahold like an tick bent for hell. I run out there and snagged her off. Its always in her mind and she is the only one that went out as a pup and ate some of turks coyote trimmins. Maybe thats it.. they aquired the taste for canine. Wolves eat coyotes, dogs, other wolf pack members, lobos, and curs within their own pack. Wolves will tolerate subordination but it has its limits, a cold jackal acting wolf will get eat suddenly and out of no where just like those photos you showed of those bulldogs I've seen 35mm of wolves doing that to a wolf that curred a lil to long. Duma ate coyotes and later raised litters and then ate coyotes so maybe that why her offspring were too. Kinda like Killer whales or orcas.. some eat and kill like wolves of the sea and there are pods that eat only fish. They do not inner act. Most people think coyotes eat their cats.. no raccoons eat your cats. Cats climb trees coyotes climb trees? Racoons do though.. Small dogs to large dogs there are legal venues and nuisance predators "vermin" in those areas you can use dogs to protect your land and you can hunt as well. :) Wolves are predators and these game dogs are dogs of prey.. not much diffrence and a world of diffrence.

10. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

gary hammonds has a story in his book about a bitch that got kicked by a mule and yotes tried to finnish her off.

11. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

easy....you set your yard up thats suits your situation...or you dont get dogs.....i never said it would be easy or cheap.......but thats shit WOULD NOT happen more than once...........with that id also shoot any wolf seen within 100 yards........animals are smart....you start shooting, theylle stop comming.....i figured that out with coyotes!!!

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i guess i did say easy huh??? well delete that part...............lol

13. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

A good series of fences, a team or two of solid livestock dogs, floodlights in certain areas, and a good trusty rifle. Not only would that stop wolves but damn near any other thing wanting to be where they shouldn't.

14. Foundation

Foundation Big Dog

YUP!..... you already know. Predator control dogs are a must in the forests and mountains where large predators roam..

15. Foundation

Foundation Big Dog

Yes he does.. thats a good book, and catch of knowledge. The man that had a son of dble bred son of Hooch named Capone who killed over 100 coyotes in his career; replaced him with a dog from GH's yard. GH hand picked my dog he sent to me after 1yr of correspondence, knowing exactly what I wanted he had it down to two different dogs from different litters out of 4 litters and I asked for the most intelligent of the two and the one less likely to be repeated. Hammonds/Heinzl 50/50 is what I got. She got into 3 yotes when she was 9months old and dispatched, and got into a moose summer 2012 and tamed it in a dust of blood and slobber. I use her and Laika my KBD or Laika and Turk for hunting and property protection. Laikas are tenacious bark pointers, wilderness survival dogs; after all my research I found that the Russians hunt bear better than anyone. Im not much on a jagd terriers but I do use a good catch dog and a good laika to hunt a bear, and Laika is a great distraction to allow the bulldogs to kill a few more yote's as well. I go into wolf country with my dogs and have seen fresh signs of wolves. Predators recognize other predators ;) After one season of hunting coyotes on the mtn and a year of constant visits with me and my dogs to the top of the mtn; coyotes disappeared from the property all together and didn't come around for 4 yrs til freshies run through. ON the mtn, running my dogs I've encountered, mt lion, bear, badger, wovlerine, coyotes, wolves and freight trains known as moose... Turk, Duchesse(Hammonds Tanner Taf), and Laika are skilled in all those mentioned and Laika has survived for 7 days on the mtn in the wild on her own, and foud her way back home. Up here.... that is completely unheard of ... Duchesse tamed a raging moose, and Turk has tree several bear, a mtn lion, and devoured more coyotes than I can count. Laika can make a bear or moose run just with her annoying bark as she runs full blast and bites the critter real hard on the butt. Cats hate her.. they're like SHUT UP! {{HISS}} LOL I havent shot a bear, mtn lion, or wolf yet.. I've pinged a yote or two, but the idea is you let a dog or two run free and protect your land. Predator Control dogs rule!

16. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

@foundation you ever worry about a wolverine gettin ahold of one of your dogs?

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

@ Foundation..what do you do to keep your loose dogs away from your bulldogs?..just curious..I got to come up with somethin myself. I got my jack russells and my mutts in a big ass kennel 6ft chain link and my bulldogs on a chain.I want to get it to where I can let a gaurd dog run loose without gettin to the bulldogs..Only thing I can come up with is fence the area the bulldogs r in off to..they already on chains.Im just curious to what others r doin.

18. Foundation

Foundation Big Dog

I raise a dog from a pup to interact with our dogs and they greet the ones on a chain or run up to the kennel one or twice a day but usually ignore them all together. They just tend to know, they leave the barn cats alone too but snag feral cats as if it was a coon. The feral dogs and coyotes that try to sneak through are enough to keep them looking. No.. Wolverines are not much for a good bulldog, they dont care about aggression threats.. they attack threats.. The biggest problem for a bulldog is a cat (mtn lion) or a wolf pack and porcupines... They can tame just about everything else.

19. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I see what u mean..I got a gaurd dog but had to put him on a tie out..I got some 10 month old pups and he kept gettin to close.He got hit twice ,luckily i was there both times..He is a good gaurd dog but when he see,s or hears a threat he runs so hard he forgets not to get in the chain spots.He is only thinkin one thing get to where he is goin as quick as possible.I will come up with something ,my main thing is I want it to look real nice..So i just askin around gettin ideas.

20. Foundation

Foundation Big Dog

For me its easier because all my dogs start in the house, and being crate trained.. then they get moved outside. From day 1, they learn we move as pack. I do have a jeep dog that likes to grab anything running by but Turk rules @ 37lbs none of my other two males test him because he raised them. Broke ones leg last year for creepin to close while he was eating, can't tell it now though. So yeah a mishap can happen for sure. The best thing to do is raise a pup up introducing it to every dog several times everyday as it grow up. All my dogs are voice operated and even when they slip off into the fire they hear me and pull it together real quick. I dont keep fight crazy chain dogs for me there is no use in a dog like that, I'll take that dog and crate train it, and field train it and put it work using its talents for something useful. My chain dogs go hunting too... Turk, then Duchesse, and Alice, and then I let bosco go and Fitzwater... 5 acres of running bulldogs at times and others its a mtn top full of bulldogs. We ran as a pack 8-12 miles a day until last fall... I didnt have time to do anything let alone go elk hunting or bear hunting hell, didn't have time to print out my tag. A single real bulldog can handle just about everything in the woods with the aid of his master and a .22 or sorts.. to make sure porcupines are disposed of and to even the odds when pack animals try to filibuster your dog... Mtn lions.. they eat dogs too.. Gotta have a quick smart dog for those or have 3 or more.