1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Can't tire out dog...

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by genevieve, Aug 5, 2008.

1. genevieve

genevieve Big Dog

Ran my male 10 miles on the bike today, swam him 15 minutes, weight pulled 30# around the yard 15 minutes and now he is hitting the spring pole with no signs of stopping...

Anyone else have dogs they just can't seem to tire out? What else do you do for exercise?

Thanks,

Genevieve

2. Give it time.....

If you make those activities a constant/part of its schedule...it will surely tone down in about a week or two...well, depending on how often you do it. A quick example....One of my dog is full of energy. So, I took him to the park to play fetch (his favorite game). The first couple of two weeks, he was fetching for about 1:15 minutes or so without any sign of fatigue. I would stop and he would make the "Oh man, i want to keep going" sounds...well, needless to say, the dog began to get tire. Then, after a few more weeks, he started giving signs of fatigue at 45 minutes. What I am trying to say is that it takes time for the WELL OF ENERGY to drain. Be patient and consistent and you will see him energy level tapering or leveling.....

For now, enjoy your fur ball of energy....:)

3. genevieve

genevieve Big Dog

So there is a light at the end of the tunnel...

He is sleeping soundly now. He does tire if I am really consistent with working him hard, but if I skip more than two days in a row he is right back to being a psycho...

I am pretty sure nothing short of death will slow this dog down for any prolonged period of time. He's heavy Crenshaw's Jeep... is this typical of this line of dog?

Genevieve