1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Castillo's dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by mrmladkom, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrmladkom

mrmladkom Pup

anibody knows abaut Castillo's dogs breeders/owners in europe???
    (old family rednose,hemphil valace))

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2010
  2. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

"As a result of this you get puppies that resemble there parents and grand parents, all ranging between 85 and 95+ pounds males and females, with golden/green eyes and are all cocoa, red and sometimes cream."

This kind of concerns me. Seems they may be breeding for consistent size and color, rather than workability?

3. mrmladkom

mrmladkom Pup

4. KuyaJames33

KuyaJames33 Big Dog

Good looking pup. These dogs are very consistent in their appearence and from my experience have a good temperment. They are bred for their looks but are not generally bred for performance. They are very strong and athletically built, IMO would do great in WP competition.

5. mrmladkom

mrmladkom Pup

if i canot sell her i plan to bred her but since i own/breed other type of bloodlines (redboy/jocko/jeep/snooty) i dont want to outcross her maybe somebody have similar breed male in europe for her

6. AGame

AGame CH Dog

get this dog fixed and do not breed her

7. Mrmladkom that is a very nice looking Am-Staff and I hope you can find a good home for the pup.

I would not listen to what AGame said however. That pup was bred for the show ring and by the looks of it comes from a long line of proven show ring winners and is a true bred dog for the purpose it was bred.

Best of luck in finding the pup a home, I am sure that whoever receives it will enjoy success in the show ring.

8. ROSE

ROSE Banned

The Castillo dogs were mostly red/rednosed dogs .LARGE, and very HUMAN AGGRESSIVE.

9. A lady friend has a hound from this line of dogs. She uses her in wp, and as far as I know, the dog hasn't shown any HA.

10. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

I have 4 Castillo bred dogs. 2 of them are Therapy dogs and female. Never seen a trace of human aggression in them. And yes one is a Ukc champion. The two males (which will never be bred, one is already neutered) are great with us at home but don't like strangers. Never tried to bite anyone though. Weigh between 55 and 65lbs.

11. cajunpits

cajunpits Pup

why did you feel you had to say they would never be bred??

12. mrmladkom

mrmladkom Pup

we keep her as house pet and no problems until now,we have 6month old son and she is wery gentle whit him but we keep her always under surwaylance never leave alone in home........i decide to breed her if canot find to her suitable home i have a wery nice male
    24kg from brother and sister breeding i think it would give wery interesting dogs since all ancestors wil have wery athletic structure and stabile baheaviour (no man biters)
    the male is redboy/jocko/jeep whit a touch of midnight cowboy blood

[​IMG]
    X
    [​IMG]

13. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

Just because they never will. The one we neutered has several faults conformationally. Plus I was trying to start my own line and though I love these dogs, I have since changed my mind on the direction I want to go with my dogs. My husband and I have argued over whether to breed the other male or not. He is really nice looking, has OFA excellent hips. But I am just not sure if that is what I want to promote in a bulldog.
    Many people on here say, breed only the best, cull the rest. I won't cull him unless he gives me reason (HA issues) but I am not sure he is the best so I don't breed him.
    I know there are better bulldogs out there dying everyday because of BSL and the shelters are full of them so I won't breed unless it is for me to keep.

14. This is completely false and SLANDER...pure and simple. Tell me how Castillo dogs are "very human aggressive" :rolleyes: What personal experience have you had with human-aggressive Castillos ???

15. ROSE

ROSE Banned

I had offsprings directly off of Capt.Savage Bob and like him, his offsprings were just like him very HA and BIG.they were good for weight pull which is what a lot of them were used for in IL. and a lot were sold in FL. as hog dogs. also they would bite without any warning.Bob was a 80 lb,long bodied red dog with cropped ears.

16. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

castillo dogs are used alot in protection training maybe this is where the though of human agression comes along. my experience with them through a friend that used to breed them is that they are even tempered dogs with above average drive for a show amstaff and can be compared to larsen dogs in that aspect. what my friend learned is that they breed consistently to what they were made for and failed horribly in an attempt to school them and real work. not a house dog though unless you own just 1

17. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Is the OFRN bloodline considered only an AmStaff now?
    Werent they brought from Ireland for the Box? Its a shame if theres not
    dogs from the original family still bred for performance..
    does anybody know of, or have any experience with OFRN blood that can still perform?

18. damu

damu Pup

there are people who still breed ofrn dogs to the original standard you jus gotta find em the dog game is much bigger than what u see on the internet forums and message boards...

19. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

oh I know that..It's just i dont have any personal experience with breeders of this line and i didnt know if there even was gamebred blood from this family anymore..Thanks for the reply Damu i guess there in the same spot as the Colby dogs..you just gotta know where to find the performers:)

20. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

true ofrn dogs are low percentage breeders and thats why if you get a good one it needs to be crossed to bring out the fire. since about the 50's there hasnt been any pure(100%)
    ofrn dogs anyways, everything had an out from then to now but there are people that are dedicated to preserve the line. there is a world of difference between a gamebred ofrn and the castillo/amstaff bloodlines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.