1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Cell phones - a new danger?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by ABK, Sep 15, 2010.

1. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

2. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

Could be scary or an alibi.

3. j1985

j1985 Big Dog

Police have used mobile phones to track criminals for years in England!!! It's if they have gps built in it is effectively a tracking device, I know a few dodgy folk that will only use the real old type and they aren't registered :D

4. That has been an issue for some time now ABK, there are many in my area that are doing time cause of there cell phones being tracked and I'm hereing that they can use are cells as a listening devices here what your talking bout where ever your cell is as long as its turned on..... Big Brother has all the bases covered these day it seems..........

5. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

This is the first I've heard about this - VERY scary, at least IMO!

6. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

you'd better believe it! I've seen cell phone records used in court cases as probable cause to prove a suspect was at a certain location at a certain time.

7. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

agree knowing the evil that cell phones can be used for these days is becoming more and more in practice.

8. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

"About 90% of Americans are walking around with a portable tracking device all the time, and they have no idea," says Christopher Calabrese, a lawyer with the American Civil Liberties Union's Washington, D.C., office

im sure that 90% number is exaggerated, but the reason is people are stupid...i have been saying this for a long time.
    anyone who stops to think about this can understand it-there is no cord coming out of your phone. its sending/receiving signals constantly. adn if your phone has GPS, well, it stands to reason that it can go both ways ( locating wise) using that function.

9. nah.uhh

nah.uhh Pup

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
  10. rocco

rocco Big Dog

I have been harping on this for years to friends and those close. It is very much so true! I'm a Marine and use the same gear the Feds use to track cell phones. GPS just makes it easier. If your phone is even powered on you can be tracked all data coming and going can be recorded. That's why they don't like prepaid phones, because you don't have to register them to YOURSELF makes it just a little bit harder to pinpoint you. But, But if you are calling within a network, friends and family contacts ya know, of someone they are watching a pattern can be set and noted. Which in turn allows them access to your phone via someone else.

It's good in the event you are hurt and rescue needs to get to you.

If you don't believe you are being watched you are lying to yourself.

Where there's a will there's a way and if not one can be made. Trust and believe!

11. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

good post!

12. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

nothing illegal here,but i do use a minute phone as they call them don't have a need for all that stuff that comes with today high tech games,internet,ect. a $25 card 300 minutes last me 2 or 3 months.a guy i work with has 2 of those touch screen phones 1 for him and the other for his wife and they do everything but wipe his ass.I asked him how much his monthly bill was and he seemed to be dodging the question or to ashamed to tell me what it cost.what he pays a month in a years time I could buy 2 TG pups LOLOLOL.

13. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

Get a prepaid phone,and give them a bullshit name if they ask for one.

14. Well that's it! Everybody go throw your cell phone in the river LOL

15. Gxkon

Gxkon Big Dog

Thats bs on them just listening as long as your phone is turned on thats a myth i used to work for verizon and i know they cant do that now they can and do clone your cell phone all they need is you esn,imie and sim card number then when your phone rings theres rings course there has been phone cloneing for years none of this is new

16. Gxkon

Gxkon Big Dog

best way to do things

17. K, its just what I heard brother thanks for clearing that up........

18. rocco

rocco Big Dog

Ok, let me go a littl bit into more since you worked for Verizon behind the counter or in customer service seeing you were not there tech or else you would've known
    is no longer relevant since switching sim cards has been out since the 90's that's real old news...
    ok, switching gears, theres a cell phone cell tower relationship thats broken at the tower. After u hit send your data goes to the tower where it is converted from recievable data to sendable data to go to the next phone. What's done is when "collections" are being conducted an area of 12 miles gets blanketed. What that means is the equipment used takes the place of cell phone towers and recieves and sends out your calls and texts in a 12 mile radius From the unit collecting. Making esn and those numbers obsolete. To go even further with it once your number comes onto that computer that call that initially came in can look as tho it was dropped which many of you have seen many of times just didn't pay any att to bc you just made the call right back and it went thru. 6 secs is all is needed. But when that call is dropped the call can now come from the equipment as a preprogrammed number and make that call to you or ur text can be changed to what I want to send or your convo can just be monitred. Even though theyr only "supposed" to listen to pertinent info, everyone enjoys those late night convos wit you and your girl. lol sorry it happens!
    In as simple as I can get it for those that just don't know, once again GOOGLE is your friend do some research on your own and all of this you can findout. It's out there just like so many discounts that verizon offers that they don't tell you about until you call with the info and they gladly roger up!

To really show you if you have watched the hbo series the wire this show p/o lots with season 4 I believe when they aired this equipment being used. Look it up and check for yourself.

I won't even go into GPS tracking from apps available to your smart phone once you jailbreak them, flash a new rom, and cook your own kitchen of apps.. Once agin look it up, these phones are amazing.....

Sorry for such a long read i know I don't like reading them all the time, but it's real was my point. And no I wont draw posts out going back and forth on it, totally up to you what you do with your phone!

19. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

Rocco, good post.
    With cell phone plans being so expensive, why even have one? Get a prepaid SIM card and pay as you go. The phone+SIM card= $40 for a stock phone (nothing fancy) and you can get unlimited text and talk for $45 a month. That's better than any plan out there plus they can't track your call history.
    AT&T

20. Gxkon

Gxkon Big Dog

i was talking about the cops cloneing your phone seeing how verizon dont use sim cards in most of there phones some have a sim card but its built in to the inside of the phone so you can remove it they supena the phone company for your numbers they can and do clone your phone in some cases as far as just listing to whats going on around you just by having the phone on is not true if you belive every thing you read on google then that shows how much you know google tells you just as much crap as it tells you truth cloneing isnt as big as it used to be but if you think the cops dont do it any more your wrong
    course if your not doing anything illeagle then you dont have any thing to worry about and if you are get a burner phone use it for a week and toss it
    your esn imie is phone specific thats how the towers know where to send your calls to and what phone your calls are coming from