1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

CH- game or curs?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by MACH0, Nov 30, 2010.

1. MACH0

MACH0 Pup

I know I haven't posted yet but I have been lurking. Now hypothetically speaking, we all know of dogs who quit after 30 mins or so. Now I'm not calling some bulldogs 30 min curs but let's get down to business.
    Would you consider a hard mouth, capable bulldog with proven matches but hasn't gone the distance, game? Or just a dog aggressive dog with skills that hasn't been able to go the distance- even if it has been titled CH. I know matching nowadays Is illegal( not saying it's not still done) but many ppl do other activities with their dogs and prefer gamebred dogs or dogs with proven dogs in their pedigree no further than 3-4 generations back. Who Is to say these dogs are game?I know many lines have been based off of some of these dogs. I've just been thinking and wondered what some others thought.

2. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

Not till he has proved he is !

3. New England

New England Banned

I wouldn't call him game but I'd call him a winner,a win is a win.But theirs a lot of cherry picking going around so do you research.

4. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

Would you rather breed to a ruff 3xW that won all 3 under 30mins, or would you go with a 3xW that has been over the hour mark an proven game?
    An why?

5. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

im going with the gamedog everytime. mouth is easy to add, gameness on the other hand...

6. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

I agree...

7. kayo45

kayo45 Top Dog

Neither, go with a dog that has shown both mouth and gameness. The do will already have the whole package then.

But If it's one or the other, yes the game one

8. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

i agree if you can breed to a ace jump on it lol

9. mrnobody

mrnobody Pup

game test exist for something right?

30 min winer is not game until proven but its no cur until he quits

10. MACH0

MACH0 Pup

Makes sense. I've been really thinking about this for some time. I've even thought about hog hunters claiming to be game. A hog confrontation doesn't go for long you know. It's short and intense.

11. mrnobody

mrnobody Pup

short and intense with a hard mouth can be much harder than 1h+ with average or soft mouth, time by it self means nothing.

some dogs go 6 hours, some don't last 15 min (no quit, distroyed), is the 6 h dog gamer?
    im not shure about it

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
  12. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

This has a lot todo with quality of opponents but if each hog equally tough I'm taking the 3W that was done in under :30

13. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

an why is that ?

14. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Well first, just a personal preference but the rough dog has been able to dispatch hogs of the same ability much faster than dog #2 which makes him a better competitor IMO. Not having to show gameness doesnt mean that it's not there or mean he cant/wont stay if asked todo so.

15. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

true true..

16. loudboyjr

loudboyjr Banned

...what about the theory that any dog will quit given the proper circumstances... i would think that the only way a dog could actually PROVE his gameness is to be deadgame under certain theroies *laughing*...and the only reason i say that is because after reading some post on what ppl think a "cur" is my opinion has changed... to me personally "cur" has lost its taboo *laughing* no matter the circumstance if it stops its a cur (away from shock) and i believe that (but once again the term "cur" has lost its signifigance as being a derogatory term to me... that just mean the dog lost that particular night...doesnt take away from the dog in my eyes as long as it isnt rank because nobody wins all the time) and i said all that to say what do you mean by proving gameness... if it won it was game that night!!!!:D.... so i'd take which ever i thought was the best of the two dogs dependin on what i was going into

17. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

i think that theory is shit. i will say that any dog can be stopped. whether its from quitting, shock, poor keep, death, etc... these dogs are flesh n blood and can be stopped under circumstances. many have proven that they won't all quit.

18. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

"3 under 30mins" yall would be suprised by how much game can be displayed in 30 when the right dogs meet. "3xW that has been over the hour mark" time means nothing if it's all ear sucking & dancing around. producing had nothing to do with ability @ the show.

19. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

they're called Game-dogs not Mouth-dogs

20. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

finishing quick doesn't always = mouth.