1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Chavis Jocko. (the Dog Jeep ran from)

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by NORTH, Jun 1, 2006.

1. SApits

SApits Pup

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2006
    Riptora likes this.
  2. chrisgr212

chrisgr212 Big Dog

nice story

3. blkdog

blkdog Pup

so many opinions from people who are only repeating 2nd hand info.. my point is jeep won 4, beat the great ch homer rom in 3:45, even if homer was smaller and a substitute and jeep showed bad signs etc...he still did the time..id say he was a game dog..1st he didnt quit..some may say he might of had he met this or that dog..well that can be said about any dog..its all dreaming..stick to the record.when you guys have a dog that can lay around for 3:45 with either jeep or homer, then give us the run down on that cur your feeding..there were many sons and daughters of jeep here and they have been as good as any, i just havent had much of the blood because it was the hot new thing that everyone was jumping on back then, and i was feeding different blood. ive got some now that are jeep/redboy, that i like alot. also got a son off your brother deacon rom....and your dam..

4. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

that was a nice story deep

5. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

I'm bumping this cause it is a good read. Hadn't seen in awhile....

6. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

I started to read the first 2 pages of this thread and couldnt go on..

Ch.Jocko was by ALL accounts a extraordinary athlete..I dont know if he produced any titled offspring though..Most dont know that his sire Hank was also a extraordinary dog,even more so because he produced numerous ch's from only 3 breedings..

And for the people who question Ch.Jeep's gameness & capabilities...Jeep also conquered a game Ch.BlackGlover in over 2hrs..Not to mention Ch.Kato & Weenie,with whom he did away with in under the half hour(:28),and under the hour(:58)..Also there wasnt a handle in the Homer show until 3:05 with Jeep making a fast scratch..

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2007
  7. preme

preme CH Dog

bump good read

8. Marty

Marty Guest

You know what, people can put down Ch Jeep all they want to... he was the best dog out there IMO :rolleyes:

9. QWERT

QWERT Pup

10. QWERT

QWERT Pup

and years later...

CH Homer vs. CH Jeep (what people dont know!!)
    Current mood: inspired
    In the Ch Homer vs. Ch Jeep match, things that most people dont know.

Homer fought Jeep at 42#, that wasnt his weight! He fought his first fight at 44# and his fourth at 45#.

I loaned him to Big Brad who was a good friend of mine, and he loaned him to Billy Stepp the owner of GRCH Angus who was a natural 42# dog.

Ch Homer was 5yrs old, and through four matches. Dogs never go down in weight as they grow older, they go up! Pulling CH Homer to 42# took all his strength and bite. Dont forget he killed all four dogs he matched into, none made it to the hour!

They drove Homer from Ohio to southern Georgia and didnt stop to give him water. When they got to Georgia they put him on the scales and he weighed 40 1/2#, he dehydrated that bad!

It was a good one untill later on in the fight when Jeep started to make some bad moves(he stood over Homer and looked around!). Crenshaw grabbed Jeep up as he was the top dog and asked for a scratch. Homer made a game attempt but he was to far gone to complete his scratch. It was then Jeep's turn to scratch to win. Jeep went all the way across and he stopped about one foot from Homer. The boy that was handling Homer was a young boy and he shook Homer and that inticed Jeep to complete his scratch to win.

They screwed Homer up that bad and he still went 3hrs and 45minutes without a turn, but Jeep did turn! If they were the same size dogs, if Jeep and Homer fought at both of their correct weights, Homer would have bit Jeep in Half

Ozzie
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11. Well when Jeep faced Homer he faced a dehydrated half-ruined dog. Homer was 5 yrs old not handeled by Stevens and matched 3 lbs below his best match weight but got there 5 lbs below it. Homer took much more damage that match and never made a bad sign. Now on the flip side Jeep would stay out of holds at times and at others would stand over the downed Homer. Homer was on 3 wheels from the start because the novice that handeled homer tossed Homer at the start and Jeep got into the shoulder and took it out. Jeep was almost would also have not scrathed if it wasn't for the young kid that handeled homer shaking homer and enticing jeep. Now I do own Jeep/Redboy dogs but I know the reason they crossed Jeep to redboy is because he was a high ability dog that lacked in the finishing and intensity department. If Jeep was the natural 45# 5 yr old dog, brought in weak and under weight, without James behind him, on three wheel versus Homer the natural young 42# with Ozzie in the corner I think it would have been much different.

12. homer39

homer39 Banned

first of if jeep wasnt a good or game dog that means everything he beat must have been crap,i dont think so.homers owners took the match weight so theres no point crying about that,what age was jeep in this match i dont no but he must have been over 3 if not more he had to be a decent dog

13. Rascal never quit, he went into shock on one of the hottest days that summer in his first match. Then won 8 straight. One I believe was over Snooty. In the Jeep/Homer match Jeep DID TURN MANY TIMES and also was called for many out of holds. Homer never turned or never was called out of hold even though he was completely dehydrated coming in to the match. Crenshaw himself said that Jeep was never a finisher and didn't like him much as an individual. He was much more fond of CH Charlie who he claimed was his best dog ever until he had GR CH Blackjack.

14. reids

reids Big Dog

so in reading this whole storys homer obviously deserved the win.but at the end of the day that match took place homer under waight deyhdrated just goes to show what a dog he was.cant change the past.to be honest i would never put a tried and tested dog in under his match waight just coz the other dog for the match never made the match.

15. homer39

homer39 Banned

rascal may have went into shock but if he didnt make his scrach he quit

16. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

i don't know if i agree with this statement. i'd say he lost but not quit. quitting is a conscious decision when you believe there isn't anything more you can do and it's not worth the effort anymore. Going into shock is your body failing and can't be helped.

17. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

^^^^^ i agree!

18. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

great post got any more?i culd read these all nite

19. p1tbull

p1tbull Big Dog

jeep is still a very good dog. homer was also a very good dog.

20. widerange

widerange Big Dog

great read. i enjoyed everyones thoughts and stories on this topic.