1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Check out this Bass

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MCS, May 25, 2012.

1. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Pulled this one out of the water yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anybody got some of their nice catches they want to post?

2. Nice Bass..............

3. hardtime

hardtime Big Dog

u got some bucket mouth action going on there nice one

4. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Thanks guys

5. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

nice catch, Thats gotta be in Florida. I love to fish the streams in Penn. for trout and small mouth.

6. venom

venom Top Dog

What'd it measure in at? 22?

7. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

I used to live in no Fl by Clay county in the woods on the argyle line our old stock pond has them like that and it is wide open to fishing now Lookup chestwick oaks drive Clay co and go to the end pond on left the big clear one it was allways good for at least 2 or 3 every eve. Dont know how far you are but man ol man they are big in that lake, I cought the biggest bass i have hung 11 lbs 5 oz in that lake. give it a shot if you are close it may shock you what you pull out.

8. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Cool man, thanks I will see where they r at and see if I can make out there. I am duval/st johns near racetrack. Shit man the publics retention pond a mile down the road, I pull 1 ponders easy and gotten a 3 pounder. This was a park they have 2 more ponds I have fished yet but a buddy had on the other day but it broke him off.

9. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Not too sure, didn't have a scale or tape with me but u gave me an idear, I can eye the spot off the pic n get a rough length. She was a little thin, probably been another pound or two if she was full of eggs n fat.

10. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Yeah man, just got back to fl in march, was fishing for smallies last year in va. They are both fun to catch but it is nice to see a big one like this when u finish the fight instead of a 1 or 2 pounder but I give heart to the smallies they will fight.

11. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

you are 30 min away its worth the drive Im telling ya lol

12. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

Love watching the smallies chase and hit the bait, wham! Were in VA? Im not to familiar with spots there yet.

13. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Lived 3 mi from the shennedoah, Clarke county, fished there, best action was on the Potomac out of Brunswick md ramp he up river near Knoxville. If u don't have a boat there is a path from the road along the train tracks and the c/o canal. Also lake Frederick is good for large mouth, crappie and war mouth/sunfish. Also stock lake Thompson with rainbows. Few other spots, va fish n wildlife page tells u locations and dates by county.

14. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

Cool, I will get on that ASAP. Thanks

15. MCS

MCS CH Dog

That's not too bad, I will check it out sometime n let u know. Thanks again

16. MCS

MCS CH Dog

No prob man pm me anytime if u want more details, I kinda stopped short on my last reply, kids needing something n edit timed out lol The va web tells u stocking dates for the trout. U can also look up lakes some have a simple topo map with structures located.

17. MCS

MCS CH Dog

So eyeballing I would say 21-23 range. I go with 22

18. Nice bass there MCS. Gotta get up my way for the fall striper run. Nothing like watching that rod in the spike bend to the ground.

19. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Thanks. Yeah man I used to work with a guy from NJ him n his brother fished stripers and the ocasional Mako. He had some good stories n pics. I been out a several times in the Chesapeake still hear that is nothing compared to the NJ action. U can also catch them here in downtown Jax, the portions of the river are tidal but more focus is on the redfish around here. Gonna give that a try here soon, redfish n spotted trout, should be fun.

20. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

head south to thi st aug area the maintanitze inlet is smoking you can allways fill the cooler with whiteing also , a tip catch a good lady fish use it for cut bait for the big reds. Man I sley the redfish. lol You are in one of the best redfish spots there is just be carefull the game warden dont fuck around he will take your ass to jail and smile about it. Man I just moved from there to the gulf side so I could fish more and hunt more. but you are in a good spot for fishing and hunting also and bulldogs there are some good dogmen there also. Good luck on them reds , the river across from you is good also use 1/4 blue crab there.