1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

chinaman,eli kennels

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by DJordan22, Feb 19, 2007.

1. game_test

game_test Top Dog

no. he bought winning and proven dogs from others and then decided he was able to breed them. again im not saying no good ones came off his yard, that is simply luck of the draw but he lacks the credentials of others with real time experience with these fine animals(excluding the hog pen out back) lol

14rock likes this.
  2. game_test

game_test Top Dog

and there you have it from a former local.

3. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Kinda funny to me that if all the man had was one skull dog he would put a sign up, in very large letters stating that that was one of bloodlines he was runnin. Think about it. He had over 100 dogs, and paid the money to have 3 pretty large signs made, and one of them said "SKULL". I havent gone and asked him to breakout his paperwork. Personally, I have never thought of getting a dog from him. Sure on paper they look nice, but..

I personally have no hands on with them(SKULL dogs). I do however have a friend in MS that has a good one. However that one has alittle redboy in it, for a reason. I keep wondering when he's gona take the sign down!!

Dont misunderstand, I like the fella, and I do give him allot of my business, for kennel supplies. I'm not too terribly far from him now, across the line.

4. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

TG is a successful businessman who has bought his way into the game....bought 2 dogs from him with no problems just a stinky attitude when I told him that I would ADBA reg. mine! LOL

Anyway, thats the last 2 dogs I would buy from him...nonetheless, a few of his stud dogs are legit even though he had no part in there show career and he does care about the breed. But for him its business 1st!

YIS

5. They made those signs themselves so they didn,t spend a whole lot of money on it. $45 4x8 aluminum baked white $10 in material per sign probally an hour of labor. I tried to sell him some signs that is how I know that

6. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

reguardless his dealing within the [] on paper he's got some nice dogs,,,like it or not,,,and he's not far from me,,,tg has some nice dogs also but if breed right alot of them came from the same line so whats the difference if you do ur homework with it from a pup,,,TG does care for the breed but has used it to make serious money so what's the difference,,,a dog is only going to be as good as its taught if it has the heart

7. The signs? lol If that isn't one of the stupidest things I have ever seen on someone's yard I don't know what is. No real dogger has signs all over their yard announcing what blood they have. Who does that? It's all a marketing ploy to entice newbies, no science to it lol. I don't know the man, he could be the nicest guy out there and I have nothing to say about his dogs, simply the fact that he had one son of Skull and only one and he got the shitty end of the stick because he was cold. Phil bred him and he didn't produce anything. He sold the dog last year for $500. That is all it takes to make a sign that says BOUDREAUX SKULL, one son of Skull, which he did have. It's there to attract customers, it's about money. That Ghost dog Eppinette got when he first appeared out of no where on the Internet and started breeding these dogs. He hasn't been around long, ask around, maybe like 4 years. He popped out of no where, bought all these dogs and became this huge kennel, sort of like Mainline Kennels, buy champions and dogs off of good dogs and start breeding the hell out of them. And like someone else pointed, making a huge sign doesn't cost a lot of money, especially for a Used Car Salesman with 100 dogs, plenty of kennels and a Pet Shop lol, obviously he has money.

I have seen plenty of GREAT Skull dogs with no Redboy, never heard of the cross actually. Skull dogs are some of the gamest dogs you can ask for, which is what Redboy is known for so I really don't see the need to add Redboy to Skull Dogs. Some lack the mouth for hunting if anything, the mouth Eli dogs are known for as a matter of fact which is where the Chinaman dogs come into play. I add the Elmo dogs to my Skull dogs for that reason, however they are good enough without it. There are good and bad in every strain and if anyone ever tells you any different put on your boots cause you is gettin' fed some nice hot doo doo :)

8. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Yea them signs are pretty funny!! I am no internet dogger, got my first computer a couple years ago, so I have no idea about how he showed up on the net, but I do know that I had never heard of him before, and then one day that yard popped up on the side of the highway. Yea, they got some jack, if you ever been to that place you can see that. His wife breeds some other kind of dogs, cant remember which.
    The reason I mentioned the old man up from him is cause that old man had them houses that he's usin.
    Ghost, If them dogs are so good, why is it that they arent on chains anymore. That's right the man took the dogs off the chains and has them all in chain link kennels now.
    Next time I am there, I'll talk to him about them Skull dogs he has more indepth. I cant understand how a man could have one dog and call that having a skull line of dogs.
    As to TG, I can fully understand why he wouldnt want to speak nicely about the ADBA. Many folks here are the same way. And as far as him being all business first, how many folks you think call him up? How many jack legs you reckon he talks to a day? And you cant understand why he'd be like that?

Like I said, I cant speak from experience on the skull dogs. So I wont.

9. game_test

game_test Top Dog

i dont look at him as someone who bought his way into the game. tg is a pioneer when it comes to scientific conditioning and canine nutrition. sure he was GIVEN chinaman, he didnt go buy a "yard set up" from wal mart which is basically what phil did after having no prior experience with bulldogs, that is a big difference if you ask me. i can see after many years of being involved in this game, and finding your line works, to make it into an avenue for money, but i dont think tg lives off his dogs, i heard he might actually have an edumacation. we all know how much it costs to do this stuff. i dont think phil makes a ton of money off dogs either, but it is a fact he lacks the credentials to be considered a dogman, and a non dogman walking around talking and acting like one is funny as hell.

10. game_test

game_test Top Dog

do you honestly believe people make shitloads of money from selling puppies? phil made money with used cars and kennel supplies store, tg is educated. they didnt get thier nice houses and cars from selling pups.

for the record, epp has a great selection of well priced kennel products and i shop there when i need what he has, i dont hate on a business man, thats what this country is about.

11. ROSE

ROSE Banned

What is the difference if a person sales from a BillBoard or from the Internet?Peddleing is Peddleing.especially selling the same family of dogs.Why come on the boards to disscredit a person when everyone is supposed to be DOGMEN, why can't you all stick together like PETA is doing against you?.I see where a lot of people criticise others and call their dogs currs,hell every line has a curr or more in their pedigree.and a lot of the pedigrees are not to the the pets that you cherish so much.We should stop all of this Bickering and Stick together.We are our own greatest enemy.

12. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Thread began asking where(in our opinion) he should get one of these dogs, and points are being drawn out to validate opinion. Plain and simple. I believe that everyone who has commented upon Phil's dogs in a not so positive way, have all stated that he is a good person to do business with. I sure give him allot of my money!

As to the banning together thing, I totally agree.

13. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

well you have to look at it in this stand point,,, 800 dollars a dog X 10 pups is 8000.00 thats not a sh!tload? come on,,, now,,, it one thing to recope what u spend but thats no pocket change either,,, considering it's gonna depend upon how the dog is trained from a pup,,,,i'm not hating on TG,,, it's just you can buy the same dog for half the price from epp,, with same blood thats all

14. 440rider

440rider Guest

GREAT POST! Fully agree.

15. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Thing is Ghost, TG would know better of what two dogs to stick together, not just paper. So I would say there is a very big difference.

And when people are selling mutts for min. $500, what sense would it make to sell potential champs for $100? He paid his dues, and has actually helped allot of folks along the way. So, basically, you'd go to Phil, and I'd go to TG, if that was the blood I wanted.

16. here is the signs he has on his yard

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have seen some more pictures but they didn,t have them on their site

17. mike90

mike90 Pup

i would rather pay alittle more and get a pup from tg

18. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Those pictures are dated, the yard no longer looks like that. Basically, the chain runs are no more, and they are in fenced kennels. How you like that sign for the 40# dog food for 6.99?LOL

It has actually went to 7.99 now. I was in there the other day, and I guy was looking for the 6.99, and Phil told him, "it's 7.99 now, the price of corn went up"! LOL

19. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

i wouldn't go to either cuz i have my own colby dogs,,,, i,ve invested the last 10 years into the ones i have,,, why pay 500 or 1000 when i have the ones i have,,, the gamest pitbull i had cost me -0- and i,ve had one like it since and i lost her night before last,,,,,RIP Pants,,,,

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2007
  20. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

7.99 is still cheap as hell if it quailty feed,,,, i pay 16.00 for 50 pound bag of pedagree and go throw 2-3 a week