1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Chris Cooley hoped to get free beer in contract with Redskins

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Lee D, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

Re-signed by the Washington Redskins earlier this week, tight end Chris Cooley took a tour of the D.C. media, where he revealed the intense nature of the team's physicals and contract negotiations, which included Cooley's failed attempt to secure some free beer.
    "I've had so many people text, 'How'd the physical go?' Literally, you go into the training room, and the doctor's like 'How are you feeling, man? Good? Good. Okay, you passed.'," Cooley told "The Junkies" on 106.7 The Fan via Sarah Kogod of DC Sports Bog.
    "I think it might be different if I went to another team, or somewhere where they don't know me. The doctor that did it is the doctor that did my knee surgery before. I mean, he knows me. So it's not up in the air. I'm healthy. My knees not swollen; I'm not overweight. I'm sure if I was a fat slob when I walked in there yesterday, someone would be like, 'Hey, let's run a little bit.' But I'm in good shape right now.

"Literally, I have text correspondence trying to negotiate a case of beer into my contract. They wouldn't do it. I wanted it in writing so much."
    No word on what kind of beer Cooley was seeking, but the two-time Pro Bowler can afford his own beer after making $3.8 million in 2011 and a $100,000 workout bonus this offseason.
    As for his current one-year deal with the Redskins, Shutdown Corner reported the details on Wednesday night. In case you missed it, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, Cooley received a $200,000 signing bonus and the prorated portion of his $825,000 ($485,294) is fully guaranteed. That barely puts a dent in the $3.8 million Cooley was scheduled to make before his previous contract was terminated on Aug. 28, but receiving that significant a guarantee is a rare feat for a veteran player with a shaky injury history who spent half the season as a street free agent.

2. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Love cooley he is an awesome dude with a good sense of humor.
    He tells a story of him and his dad driving his old dodge pickup to the bank drive thru to deposit his 2 mil signing bonus check and the look the teller gave them. LMAO
    I hope he has a great season

3. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

somewhere Jerry Jones is scratching his head and thinking "i wonder how many cases of Bud i could get for Romo?" LOL

4. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Shoot all Jerry needs for that contract extension is a loose semi famous girl and a bottle of boones farm

5. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

lol....i hope Cooley stays healthy, you gotta admire a TE that plays the way he does. no alligator arms on that guy

6. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Hope Cooley can show he still has it and at least get signed with a new team next year.
    Maybe Greenbay? Sure glad I traded Finley in my football league this year. He is a good player but damn son you gotta stay on the field to catch the ball.

7. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

im sick of Finley....everyone(including myself)talks about how athletic that big guy is, but when it really matters he drops the ball. the Pack drafted a fella named Crabtree whos played pretty well and Kuhn is listed as a FB, but he lines up at TE and when he gets the ball someone is gonna get HIT

8. MCS

MCS CH Dog

I like Kuhn, he is a real old school FB/TE. I would love to see more of that guy with the ball in his hands, some corner or safety is gonna pay when he comes through the middle LOL

9. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

id like to see Kuhn on the field every play. hes a great pass blocker, can catch out of the backfield, and we need to get away from that single back formation and back to balanced offense....start winning games by running out the clock.
    last time green bay had a successfull run game Ahman was running behind Davenport, Leach and Henderson and it worked. (ahman had 1883 yards rushing in 03). maybe if teams would BRING BACK THE FULLBACK all these high calibre passing teams would spend more time with their offense riding the pine.