1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Clouse/Crenshaw by way of Steinberg

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Fritz, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

Great Thread Guys , Fritz could you give us a bit of Insight on the Steinberg's Humphrey dog ?

2. Fritz

Fritz Big Dog

Breaks my heart writing about Humphrey. Out of Tina, he was a big strong dog as game as they come. He was one of the first dogs in Arnie's yard I was introduced to. Chained under an avocado tree, Humphrey was the fattest dog in the yard, what with all those fallen avocados he loved so well. Arnie would have matched Humphrey into any big dog in the country, Bullyson or any of 'em -- but for the problem of traveling. And after the runaround Mayfield had given Freddie Jones and his Black Bart, Arnie was leery of traveling.

Long story short, I could have bought Humphrey as easily as I'd bought Tina, Humphrey a young unmatched dog at the time. But no, I liked the smaller dogs. That's the main reason I wasn't interested in buying Humphrey -- his size. And here's the part that breaks my heart. After Arnie had gotten out of the dogs and Humphrey had won his fifth, I saw a picture of him with some guys in Mexico, his owners, presumably. He looked a ghost -- a sunken-faced bag of bones ready to keel over. Too thin. Too goddamned deathly thin, the fucking grim reaper standing over him.

For me, that was the worst part of being a dogman: the nightmarish things that might happen to my beloved dogs when I'd parted with them, even despite all my best efforts to place them in good hands. Even after forty years I'm haunted by the images of dogs virtually "sold down the river" -- my own dogs! The one chained on the bed of a truck, his jumping out at sixty miles an hour and being dragged for miles. The fine game dog I'd only just sold -- chained in a Texas sun without shade or water and dead two days after I'd sold him. Salt of the earth, these "dogmen." Some of them, anyway.

3. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I saw Humphrey in Baja. He was SEVEN years old for the contest. He won. Beat a dog named Chula, I believe it was. He did well for an aged warrior.

4. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...there's nothing worse than seen some trying to force a large dog into a small coat....just to get it on.....??????

5. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

lol Fritz. Small world. Finally found some of my old pedigrees. A dog I used to own.

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [112589] :: FARLOW'S PUGSLY

Follow heimans mighty thor back to your red danger dog. And fill in the blanks for me if you don't mind. cheers

6. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

nice share brubaker...

A THREAD STANDARD,,, all should go this way!!!