1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Colby blood....

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by GrChPitBitch, May 25, 2004.

1. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

If you're new, then why the heck are you breeding?

2. mexifunk

mexifunk Pup

I never said I was trying to start breeding, this was 1 litter that is all going to friends and family. I'm not registering a kennel or anything. It seems like some of you people would rather talk shit about preserving "your" breed and putting people down for not knowing what you know instead of helping people learn. Sorry I said anything.

3. rpk

rpk Big Dog

We need to help educate mexifunk instead of bashing him. It is not good to have to watch every word you say. That is the problem with a lot of the members. They are just looking for an opportunity to call someone out! If mexifunk bred, he needs to be responsible for the pups and for any future breedings. This site is here to help preserve th apbt and to educate owners of apbts so they can make better decisions in the future. No one is perfect! We can all learn something!

4. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I apologize mexifunk if I cam across as rude. I was just asking a question to which you answered & I appreciate it. I just like information, I'm not interrogating.

I do hope you stay around as we were all new to this breed at some point in our lives & many started on the "other side of the tracks" so to say & found the truth here. So please, give this site a chance, give us a chance, & hold your own. I was not trying to "attack" you, once again.

5. mexifunk

mexifunk Pup

Ancient history, man. All I ask is that if I'm doing something ignorant, that you will point me in the right direction instead of (or as well as) just telling me I'm ignorant. Teach me what I need to know. And like I said earlier: I'll try and put up my girl's ped information, and you can tell me what I got.

6. Thought I Would Let Ya Know That I Have 4 Pure Colby Dogs From Lou 3 Are Good acting dogs And The One Is Just A Laid Back House Dog Also Might Be Having Some Nice Pure Colby Pups As I Might Be Getting Another Female From Lou If He Has Any Some Time Later Down The Road.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2006
  7. rpk

rpk Big Dog

How much is Mr. Colby charging for his pups? Just curious.

8. planecrazy

planecrazy Big Dog

My buddy just bought a male puppy from Mr. Colby, out of Colby's Odin X Colby's Roxy for $800.

9. not trying to bash man...i just see way too many people who just "happen" to have a male and a female, put the two together. Might not matter how the two are bred, or what types of health issues they might have, or whether they are human-aggressive or not...and they still breed the dogs. in my opinion, if you breed two dogs out of convenience...that's wrong. there should be a purpose, scope, or long term plan with every breeding that anyone does. and if you are not sure of the bloodlines of the dogs, or the blood doesn't "compliment" eachother...this cannot be a possibility. not meant rudely....just see it happen way too much...too many americans breeding crap and leaving entire litters over here in Japan ... to be stuck here for the rest of their lives when their family moves every three years. Imagine entire litters of pups being re-located into new homes every 3 years of their lives, if not taken to the shelter and put down. its sad...and its mostly from breedings similar to the one you descibed.

10. Suki

Suki Guest

here is their site:

Colby American Pit Bull Terriers - Vintage photos from the Colby family. Who have been breeding APBT's for well over 100 years. Great site.

<LI>we have been fortunate enough to have Mr. Colby attend out MASS shows over the years.

11. now if u were talking to me i want you to understand i have been raising game dogs for a very very long time and i always breed with the best in mind for my dogs,they are not human aggresive not sick nothing like that.i screen who they go to and if in the rare case i sell a dog i make them sighn a contract that if they can not keep the dog for any reason it comes back to me.and i know ur not being ''rude'' but u got out of you what you wanted to say.and it offended me very much.because as said earlier i have been doing this longer than u have probally been alive.and i never give or sell a dog to anyone overseas or planing to move over seas.

12. Hillbilly Pit

Hillbilly Pit Big Dog

the ower of the parents of my dog has a pur Colby male. I haven't seen any proof of the ped. but that is what he said he had. it is a good looking dog.but he left it with hes cuz and he cond. about every day. so it probably look that good to much longer.

13. sorry old guy dont process stuff to good no more but it sounded like he was talkin to me.

14. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

i would'nt mine having some pure colby blood on my yard. tab/ colby is a good cross i heard

15. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

Rampage, I know looks aren't supposed to be important, but Imira is beautiful!!!:D

16. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

Thank you, unfortunately we lost her awhile back, but we've got plenty to take her place and plan to repeat her breeding in the near future. Unfortunately for us her mother is a horrible parent we're trying to time it just right to be able to let another female nurse her babies. LOL

Dang... since this post we've actually had a couple of pure litters and a 1/2 litter not to mention added some older adults to the yard...lol

17. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

18. *blackrock*

*blackrock* Big Dog

One of the most gamest lines in history is based off of colby.......REDBOY!

19. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

....depending on who you ask. LOL

20. japangame

japangame Big Dog

Well, I dont know about everyone else but i truley believe that Colby is one of the most respectable names out there. And if my memmory serves me right, I do believe that It was Colby's Bob Tale Bob who was a 20XW in the pit and was breed many times over. And I am talkin shit because i am a Colby fan. Thats all. And yes Colby was in alot of RB/J dogs. I had one, pic is in my gallery. the brindle male on my lap. Colby is a great dog. (In my opinion) and the game is still high in the line,,,,,I know cuz its provin here.