1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Colby blood....

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by GrChPitBitch, May 25, 2004.

1. PiTBuLL200416

PiTBuLL200416 Big Dog

Colby gets my respect when it comes to producing good game dogs

2. PiTBuLL200416

PiTBuLL200416 Big Dog

And another thing, to me owning a dog from Colby is owning a piece of history because of all the great dogs that came from that line.

3. japangame

japangame Big Dog

I second that.

4. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Does anyone have info on Colby's Merle from the 1940's? I'm wondering why she was called. Was it because of her color?

5. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

6. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

7. According to my studies, the Colby strain of today is best used for outcrossing "tight" lines.

8. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

I like the pure stuff for brood stock, but for hunting I like a 1/4 outcross.

If you have some PURE Colby dogs, half brother/sister breedings click good too.

ANYONE interested or a fan of Colby dogs should get T.L. Williams book "Remasters of History"

http://www.online-aadr.com/braveyfm.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2006
  9. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

i have a colby male he,s has laid back as they come ,,,i have 2 colby breed females that are as nasty as they come,,,, i don't think ruff and tumble would cut it on them two,,,always fired up and ready,,