1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Colbys "Emjay"

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Mr.Mixon, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Mr.Mixon

Mr.Mixon Pup

Colbys "Emjay"

Is there anyone on the forum that has the Colby "Emjay" dog in any of their pedigrees? It is my understanding that the Colby family would of Culled any red/red nosed dogs but, I know that Colby "Emjay" threw Princess Goldie Renee' and that the Wilder/Hemphill program bred Wilders Geronimo 2 to Princess Goldie Renee'.

The reason for this question is that the Colby "Emjay" in the program of one of my friends is causing him lets just say a few problems.

2. Mr.Mixon

Mr.Mixon Pup

3. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Big Dog

Re: Colbys "Emjay"

All you have to do is ask yourself what did the dog produce?

4. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Lets clear something up, the Colby family would not have culled any red/red dogs, they didn't produce any but if they did they still wouldn't have just culled them straight out of the gate.

The big question I have is how are you determening that a dog bred in the 60's is causing the issues your friend is having today ?

5. ANCHOR

ANCHOR Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2009
  6. Mr.Mixon

Mr.Mixon Pup

I have a letter personally from the Colby family stating a Red Red Nose would of been culled and also a letter from another friend of the Colby family stating the same thing. So hmmmm what did you clear up. I am going to include both letters in the book I am writing.

7. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

In all my years of knowing the Colbys I have never seen or heard of him culling a pup before it matured.

8. Mr.Mixon

Mr.Mixon Pup

My family only keeps Colby dogs. My father and uncle have held the line pure for 27 YEARS. I just did our families very first outcross.

The letter doesn't say anything about at what age. It just states that a Red Red Nose would not of been tolorated and would of been culled. Everyone knows that in the late 70's and early 80's the Colby family had dogs such as Colby's Red (great dog) that was Red Buckskin with a Black Nose.

How long have you carried this line? Do you hold any other Strains?

9. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

For the past 38 years of my life ( and many years before I was born ) my family also owned Colby bred dogs and some dogs that had been bred down off of some Hemphill dogs aswell ( many years ago ). As far as what I feed today, only Colby bred dogs bred by Lou and his sons.

10. Mr.Mixon

Mr.Mixon Pup

Yeah my fathers first dogs were also right from the Colby family themselves. My dogs are from my fathers 1992 Breedings.

11. BKNLS

BKNLS Guest

Mr. Mixon to save you time, you cannot argue any point with Colbydogs regarding the Colby bloodline. According to him, he knows just about everything about the line, even though I have emails from the man proving him wrong....:)

12. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Your ass still chapped over my comments about breeding dogs that are barely a year old ?

There lies a huge difference my friend, your getting your information from E-mails as to where I get my information straight out of the mans mouth. Nowhere I have written that I am an expert on the line but having 38 years of owning the line and visiting the mans yard frequintly keeps me in the loop.

13. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

With all due respect, Colbydogs knows the Colby bloodline breeder up close and personal.

So, yea, you can't argue any point with regard to the Colby bloodline. Colbydogs knows the bloodline, up close and personal.

14. Mr.Mixon

Mr.Mixon Pup

Yeah my purpose isn't to argue with anyone about anything on this site or in person (when I was younger I would just bare knuckle box the person I was mad at or disagreed with on Video Tape and the winner got the rights to the footage. I was 62 and 0 with 57 knockouts). I love the COLBY line of dog, it is the line that I enjoy the most. I was raised into it by my fathers and my uncles. I respect what the family has done for the breed since the 1890's to Present.
    I keep the line. I don't not consider myself a breeder. I will put two dogs together now and again if I think it will improve the breed. But before the mating I will sit down and study pedigrees, recessive genes, you name it. I don't want a situation like my "ex" friend has with his line with the "EMJAY" pedigrees.
    When I first joined this site in 2005 (I know it says what like June 2006, but I joined in 2005 and for some reason all of that information and posts are gone) it was because I wanted to meet and connect with people that had the same love of the great COLBY line. I have never met an arrogant COLBY dog holder. Most of them are kind and gentle people like the people whoms name they carry and created them. I must say Colbydogs coming into a topic that wasn't geared to him was a bit odd. Especially when he didn't have anything to add about "EMJAY". But to each their own. He wrote his posts and people will have their thoughts on him based on his posts.
    If you notice I don't post much. I am not someone that sits in a forum and just writes a bunch of messages and topics. I want to give knowlege if I have it and if I have a question I would like to ask and be able to get an answer. I hate when people speak on a topic but don't know what they are talking about or give an answer just to be giving an answer. Just view the topic and keep it moving.

BLESSINGS,

Mr. MIXON

15. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

MrMixon Emjay IS in a few of my dogs peds. Your original post is rather vague, not sure what issues you are having so to be completely honest its hard for anyone to really answer your question. Maybe I am not following you here.

And as for my question about knowing that the problem stems from a dog 40 years back is just a basic question.

16. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

Plus one on this question.

17. Mr.Mixon

Mr.Mixon Pup

Plus one on that question huh? Hmmmm. Well the issue is that out of every COLBY dog on his yard (I am no longer in contact with this individual) the female with "EMJAY" in her pedigree throws a Pie Bald RED pup with a RED NOSE in every litter. She is the only female on his yard that does this. None of his other COLBY dogs throw anything with a Red Nose. In 27 Years of my family breeding these dogs have we thrown a dog with a Red Nose. I actually just did and outcross to a Wallace/Alligator dog that was a Red Red Nose dog (red, red eyes, red toe nails, ect) and I only got 2 Red Pups out of a litter of 10. Colby dogs are good at not throwing Reds.

Ask Cedar Brook Kennels, Lol. :D

18. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Is the female 100% colby lines ? You are correct that they do not throw red nosed dogs, I have never seen one ever. I did have a male that was half Colby who did have a red nose but that was on his sires side who was not a Colby dog.

19. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Mr. Mixon, now I'm even lost as to what kind of point your trying make....

I'm sorry I just don't get it... Is this all just about a color??? OR something more sinister...????

20. Mr.Mixon

Mr.Mixon Pup

Yes my friend and fellow COLBY keeper. She is full COLBY. Now you get it. Lol. I asked the question of this topic I believe in 2006. Glad you get it. Yeah up until this dog I had never seen it either, a few old dog men told me it had to do with the "EMJAY" thus the question about that dog itself. I wanted to know if any other dog men with "EMJAY" in their pedigree was throwing the same. But as you know with it being so "rare" with COLBY dogs, I doubt anyone would admit it and thus the post stayed silent until you spoke. Then people whom don't even have COLBY dogs stepped in.

I am glad that you say "I Have Never Seen One Ever". Neither had I my friend, Neither had I. My father and uncles were shocked. The female that throws them is a good dog. It is just that every litter when people would come and see the pups the questions and doubts would arise.