1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

coldest winter

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by NewDogg09, Oct 10, 2010.

1. diggit

diggit Banned

we like to hook em up to a sled and drag the sled in the snow. and sometimes depending on which dog sit on the sled and get pulled around.

2. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

Put a little weight on em and head outside!! I still do my 3-4-5 hours daily walks with em. I put them i a coat and sometimes boots and we do what we do all year long. I am gonna try and do some major hiking with em like up to 3000-4000 ft and maybe even camp out in the woods all by ourself. The woods is the most beautiful place in the world in the winter when you are miles from any road and dressed proper. I only have two dogs so they get to sleep inside after all the work.

3. NewDogg09

NewDogg09 Pup

The sleding is a definite this winter but i def wanna hike here too might hit up the state parks for that!

4. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

New dog: we did 14 miles today off 95 in Westwood. I wanna head out to the western part of the state and do mount Adams sometime soon? Been up to NH and did Monadnock, Sunapee, Cardigan and Kiersage or however you spell that. Next weekend heading to North Conway and the white mountains to get in some colder hikes to get the dogs used to the cold temps early.

5. NewDogg09

NewDogg09 Pup

How is it in Westwood?...14 miles?? sounds like fun!

6. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

I dont wanna give away my best spot as it took me 2 years to find a place i can go and run into very few dogs if any in the course of a 2-5 hour walk only 15 minutes from home.

It is awesome for the most part. Its not quite the White Mountains but its the next best thing i have found without a 2-3 hour drive. Weekdays i can go into the woods for 3-4-5 hours and maybe see one other person with one or two dogs. Perfect silence only the animal noises and you can even get real lost!!!

Even still my dogs stay on leash cuz you just never know!!!! From what i have found if i think to go someplace to walk my dogs many have beat me to it and im gonna run into em sooner than later.

But yes 14 miles and that is just the perimeter loop. Tons of other trails criss cross through it all. I am sure in western Mass, though you have stuff just as good and better!

7. 413bred

413bred Pup

Newdogg we are deff hittin up the spot tht rj showed u.....with sleds and a solid pair of longjohns lol

8. NewDogg09

NewDogg09 Pup

lol yeah def the only thing is that im in the city and ur bound to run into dogs anywhere u go, but i have my spots too

9. NewDogg09

NewDogg09 Pup

413bred! we can hit it whenever im down:partyguy: