1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Collars

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Bubba, May 2, 2004.

?

What size collar do you prefer??

1. 1 inch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1.5 inch

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. 2 inch

22 vote(s)
    84.6%
  1. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Just wondering what everyone on the board prefers as far as collars go?
    1 inch, 1.5 inch, 2 inch? double collared? single collared??

The best collar I have ever had is out of 2 layers of nylon, and a bunch of layers of seatbelt material, anyone else used on of these???
    BB

2. I prefer the 2 inch collars. The one I'm currently using is a 2 inch wide, 2 layer nylon collar.

3. BigTex

BigTex Pup

all mine are 2" 3ply valhomma padded collars.....real nice....double heavy duty D rings, heavy duty stainless steel roller and buckles and velcro to hold the extra collar.....only paid $12 a piece for them

4. MMK

MMK Guest

i am using 2 in collars with 3 ply. looking for the right materials to start making my own 6 ply super duty collars. if anyone has any info on were to buy material from please let me know.
    MMK

5. Those sound awesome! Where'd you get them from? I'd be totally interested in those. This one I'm currently using I got from Wal-Mart several years ago and am thinking it's time to get a new dog collar.

6. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

Definately need 2 inch....I have both leather and nylon.....both work well. I have more trouble with snaps busting.

7. BigTex

BigTex Pup

i got mine from my feed store.....came with a tag and their website but i went and looked and couldnt find any like the ones i got on the net

8. MMK

MMK Guest

i hear the amish make nice collars how ever u want them made. u could check them out. i wouldnt get any collars made of leather though. leather tends to stretch raising the likely hood of kennel accidents or exscapees. nylon wont stretch and doesnt rot like leather eaither.
    MMK.

9. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

I still like the 1.5 inch collars the best.MMK...try finding the material to do these seatbelt collars, I love em.
    BB

10. GYD

GYD Pup

Always have used 2" for adults. Have got from several different sources but the one's I go back to are from newman's...

www.newmansleather.com

For $11 you can't beat the price. However, about to get a couple of quality security collars from a friend (they are 2" too! LOL)

11. Redtail74

Redtail74 Big Dog

I like the 2" myself. It's hard to find any good 1.5" leather collars around where I live and I can get the 2" for $12.

12. MMK

MMK Guest

the only fault with leather is that it stretches and could possible lead to an excape.

BBK
    hey i found someone who deals exclusivily. and the are presently sending me samples. i think i the seatbelt material to use as an outer lining over the nylon will make it easier on the dogs neck. if your interested BBK get up with me and i will send u a few proto types at cost to use and evaluate for me. i am planning on using 6 ply nylon and 2 ply of seat belt poly, with stainless steel welded 2" drings, and 2" dual buckles with rollers (stainless steel). i am trying to acomplish making a lifetime strong collar and heavier and stronger than anyone elses.
    MMK

13. LA_Headhunters

LA_Headhunters Big Dog

Use 2" double layer Nylon , but in the near future am going to add a ring of aluminum or stainless steel behind that as to discourage theives.

14. 3BK

3BK Pup

We use both 2" 3 ply nylon collars and 3" 4 ply nylon collars depends on the size of the dog. There are alot of manufacturers of nice reliable Nylon collars over here! Some also makes 'em Seat belt materials!!! Real good. 3 to 4 ply of these. They will last a long time!!!

15. MMK

MMK Guest

yeah i am planning on using 2 in nylon in 5-6 ply sandwhiched between 2 seat belt materials to make the nylon less abrasive on the dogs neck. i know someone who makes the security collars.
    mmk

16. GYD

GYD Pup

mmk, who do you know that makes the security collars?? There aren't many out there that I found. As far as the seat belt collars, where is everyone getting there's from? I see there are a couple company's on the net.

17. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

MMK...get with me about those collars, the ones I have are nylon with seatbelt in the middle, and I really like them
    BB

18. MMK

MMK Guest

Look around the boards for a guy named "UncleBaby". i dont personally know him but i always see him selling them.
    MMK

BBK
    will do