1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Color of a dog

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by determination, Jan 13, 2012.

1. determination

determination Big Dog

Do you think the color of a dog effects the ability of a dogs performance in certain climates or temperatures?

2. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Lol tell that to ch merengue and atown lol

3. jacko

jacko CH Dog

@ fonzie
    what about an all white dog with black eyes, black nose and maybe black nails ?

4. determination

determination Big Dog

That dog Joe in my pics is all white and he is one of the last dogs u want to mess with

5. determination

determination Big Dog

I like this fondue character

6. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Dont listen to him- i think he justs post to read himself! Lol............although i do that someyimes myself........but hey atleast im amusing when i talk shit! Lol

7. BBT

BBT Big Dog

Yeah Fonzie something else. We should have a poll up and vote what we think he is : Fed , AmBully, Game Dogman just messing with us, kid with an AmStaff, gothic chic, or alter ego of another participant here.

Color means nothing but remember hearing that the black ones tire quicker. This is bs and was said by a old stubborn man stuck in his ways but still a belief believed by some and not just with APBT. I forget which facts they use but they twist some shit around or really in their heart of hearts believe because it makes sense simpleton to simpleton.

8. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Who knows lol

9. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Its prolly jelets alter ego! Lol

10. Ninety-Nine

Ninety-Nine Big Dog

White= weak, just like white pointers and polar bears.And Brock Lesnar.

11. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Seriously? Or are you just bein sarcastic? Lol

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

I know white dogs tend to be more suseptable to melonoma & deffness. But i aint never heard no shit about white bulldogs being physically weaker

13. BBT

BBT Big Dog

I think he's probably just basing that off of the white dog in his pic. When dog barks for another biscuit he considers it stomach weakness and blames it on the white part but when it pulls him around on leash he attributes this deep dead game trait to the brindle pArt because that's the Colby part of the dog. Fonzie should start his own bloodline.

14. northdogger

northdogger Big Dog

Got a white one here. Strong as and ox and no health problems at all.. Turned out to be a nice one so far..

15. determination

determination Big Dog

16. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Is there even scien tific evidence that shows proof of the whit dog-def blind thing?

17. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

Think he saying the white dogs tend to have more skin and hair problems or it just takes a littel ex effert to keep the coat nice,not annnything to do with a weak dog.
    My all white mia is a hand full no weakness there.

18. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

19. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

LoL Let's play the color game

White= Chuck Norris
    Buckskin/yellow = Bruce Lee
    Black= Mike Tyson

20. AGame

AGame CH Dog

Yes in some cases and instances

Congenital deafness has been reported for approximately 85 breeds, with the list growing at a regular rate (see list); it can potentially appear in any breed but especially those with white pigmentation. Deafness may have been long-established in a breed but kept hidden from outsiders to protect reputations. The disorder is usually associated with pigmentation patterns, where the presence of white in the hair coat increases the likelihood of deafness. Two pigmentation genes in particular are often associated with deafness in dogs: the merle gene (seen in the collie, Shetland Sheepdog, Dappled Dachshund, Harlequin Great Dane, American Foxhound, Old English Sheepdog, and Norwegian Dunkerhound among others) and the piebald gene (Bull Terrier, Samoyed, Greyhound, Great Pyrenees, Sealyham Terrier, Beagle, Bulldog, Dalmatian, English Setter). However, not all breeds with these genes have been reported to be affected. The deafness, which usually develops in the first few weeks after birth while the ear canal is still closed, usually results from the degeneration of part of the blood supply to the cochlea (the stria vascularis). The nerve cells of the cochlea subsequently die and permanent deafness results. The cause of the vascular degeneration is not known, but appears to be associated with the absence of pigment producing cells (melanocytes) in the blood vessels. All of the function of these cells are not known, but one role is to maintain high potassium concentrations in the fluid (endolymph) surrounding the hair cells of the cochlea; these pigment cells are critical for survival of the stria. Deafness in the Doberman, which is also accompanied by vestibular (balance) disturbance, results from a different mechanism, where hair cell death is not the result of degeneration of the stria but is instead the primary cause. Deafness may also occur later in life in dogs from other causes such as toxicities, infections, or injuries, or due to aging (presbycusis); these forms of deafness almost never have a genetic cause in animals and thus do not present a concern in breeding decisions.