1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Color Preferences??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Bubba, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Anyone have any color preference? You gotta raise these dogs up for awhile, might as well have a color preference and something nice to look at when ya go outside, my favorite is a buckskin with a black mask...got alot of brindles out there too :D
    BB

2. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

Quite honestly......I got a little of everything. FAWN, Brindle, Black & White, Blue (my money dogs)

Can't say color really has anything to do with it for me. When I was a youngun I was partiall to Red Nose Reds......but it was just a passing fancy! LOL

3. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Color doesn't mean anything here really either, just trying to start some converstation on the board, and I know everyone has somewhat of a preference on what they like....
    BB

4. J.W

J.W Pup

I prfer black but color dont mean anything

5. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

I think when you see a pup grow and you watch it's actions and you see those traits you've been wanting, color doesn't even matter.

I had told myself I didn't want anymore brindle dogs and when I had my last litter, there was a little brindle female that I fell in love with because she had "the whole package". My wife and I tease each other all the time about this cause we had both said.....no more brindles!

Hell.........I'd take a PINK dog if it would hunt!

JMAN

P.S. Good thread anyway!

6. KnOck

KnOck Big Dog

I'm more partial to black and buckskin; but your right color shouldn't matter as long as your dog has the complete package.

Knock 'Em Out

7. Gamest

Gamest Pup

This is a good TOPIC well i have all kinds here. But it never ever comes down to color I AM SURE WE ALL KNOW. BUT good ones i have seen in my eyes , THA tan / black muzzles do well , Soild black just as good , NOT many brindles, AND them Blues love THA A.C. JUST MY 2 CENTS

8. gator

gator Big Dog

Im glad to see everyone agrees that color has nothing to do with the dog. Im still partial to the ol red dogs though.

9. Yeah, you're all right about the importance of color, but i love the blues. I was also surfing the net yesterday and saw a fawn, blue, and white tri-color...had some nice markings.

10. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Don't think I've ever seen a game blue one...but to each is own...
    BB

11. To me color has nothing to do with a good dog. A good is a good dog no matter what color it is

12. KnOck

KnOck Big Dog

I've seen one out my way years ago. Not sure how he was bred as the owner had no papers on him. Seen him go thru a couple of tough schools and he came out with flying colors. But me that is not my thing, I'd like to get one for the wife and kids as they really love them.

Knock 'Em Out

13. X

X Banned

As everyone else has said color is not really a preference of mine, but I have always liked a nice looking buckskin dog for some reason. So buckskin would be my first favorite and I think I would choose red if I needed a second one. :)

14. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

I've seen one game blue female. Her pups are even passing it on.
    Heck, Watchdog Daimen was a 1XW and off of a blue male..I think a blue female too but don't quote me on that. i don't know how game he was or what he was a winner at..for all I know it could have been pickin berries

I think my favorite color is seal with some white markings to set it off.

15. LA_Headhunters

LA_Headhunters Big Dog

I don't care if the dog is pink with black pocadots as long as it is a good one!!!!!

16. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

Watchdog Damien's Sire: Watchdogs Big Thor Dam: Watchdogs Moon Shadow - Both of which were Blue Dogs. Both of these dogs parents were Blue - His grandfather on mothers side was UKC GR CH PR Couturier's Blue Bully. (This dog was considered to be one of the most perfect examples - confirmation wise - of any Pit Bull that has been in the show ring.)

I'm an old man.......i know a little bit.

17. MMK

MMK Guest

yeah i dont care one bit about color or looks for that matter. the only thing i do know is i will never bred any of my dogs to or own a dog down from blue decendent. even if i was offered a pretty penny for the stud service, i just would not want to mix my yard with anything blue. i would bred to a hard tested credible street dog with out any question but i would draw the line when it comes to breeding to blues even if the blue was a winner. it might have been reasonibly game but i doubt that the dog would produce any type of consistant game dogs.
    just my personal opinion
    MMK

18. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Well said, as we all know, freaks don't usually reproduce themselves....
    BB

19. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

OK.. you're all confusing. You won't breed to a blue dog but on the same breath you say color doesn't matter. Isn't that contradicting??

Goods dogs are where you find them. Granted..no one wants a yard full of staff I have a good bitch with some blue blood back I'm proud of my girl and will stick by her through thick and thin. Frnakly I could care aless what anyone thinks of her cause I'm not out to prove anything to anyone.. I'll just need to cull more . heck..I could hang her papers and no one would ever know..but thankfully I'm not that type of person and never would..

Don't take offensive here..everyone is free to breed as they want to and it takes a strong person to say to no any dog they want to.. which is a good thing..far to many people aren't picky about what they breed to

20. gator

gator Big Dog

Hey Rock, I think what the general consenus is is that most blue dogs were bred down from staff lines with more emphasis put on color other than gameness. Im sure noone has taken offense to anything you said because that is what this board is all about expressing your opinion and exchanging information. I think that there are game blue dogs out there but I dont think you can CONSISTENTLY get game dogs off of those breedings.

You are right people can breed anything they want but because of people doing that meaning irresponsible people we have all the scatter bred man biting mongrels running around causing all the heartburn for us responsible breeders and the dogs we love so I certainly dont believe in breeding for color or looks and I dont think many of us here do.
    Culling is one of the most important tools in any breeding program and if someone has a problem with it they have to be real selective with what they are breeding to minimize what they have to cull.
    Im glad to hear you arent the type of person to just hang papers on a dog either and rest assured none of us here are either and I hope you arent anymore confused from this post?????????