1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

come chat...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Watcher, Jul 18, 2007.

1. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

good tips Kerg.

how you get so computer savy?

2. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

I've always beena computer geek. When I was a kid, we had an old mac, and it was a nice old computer. The first one we got with windows, had all types of problems. For fun, I'd try and f*ck up my parents somputer and then fix the problem. You'd be surprised how many exploits windows has (everything from 3.1 to the new vista OS :eek: ).

When we got the internet when I was in jr. high, I was in heaven. When I was 16, I applied for a job at our local ISP bright.net, [dial-up, old school 28.8 modem wo0t!] Anyways, they turned me down for a security job because of my age, so I got a little hot-headed, and decided to show them a serious security flaw they had and I "somehow" knocked about 4500 users off for 72-96 hours.

They weren't happy. Plus, being young, dumb, and arrogant, I then sent them an e-mail explaining what had happened and how they can fix the problem, from home of all places :o. I got taken to court, and in a little bit of trouble.

Anyways, during my probation, I had to 'volunteer' my time for 10 hours a week to help maintain the on-line security of a couple local places (court house, police station, bright.net, and the local municipal building). That only helped reinforce my savvy-ness ;) I went to school for two years after HS for IT, then changed the route I wanted to go w/ my life, but I still try and keep myself up-to-date.

And again, people, plese take advantage of the chat service provided for us!

3. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

This is an awesome post! I think it should be flagged for future reference. I will try to use the chat feature now as I did have trouble before.

4. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

Thanks for the kind words.

Lately our mods and admin have been asking what they/we can do to make this site better.

I felt one part I could play would be in advocating and promoting the use of the chat by trying to make it easier on some folks to use it.

Really, it's up to the members to continute to make this site better at this point. There's no real improvements (IMO) that can be made to increase it's value to us. We have to make it the place we want to come to talk about the APBT.

5. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

*bump*

game-dog.com chat - use it.

6. Marty

Marty Guest

I came in, but had to leave :(

7. The Watcher

weather is bad tonight.... Fri is looking good.

8. Suki

Suki Guest

interesting post, kergin. and the suggestions, ... ALWAYS appreciated! ;)
    ...we're 'gettin' there'..... :D
    was nice chattin, everyone!

hey, Fiddy, ...where's that red box!!!!! :confused: .......:D ......

9. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

LMAO--- I couldn't find it with him the other nite, either!

Did it go something like "Pssst. Look at the Lil' Red Box" :p

10. clutch billups

clutch billups Big Dog

ehhhmmm whos up for some shit talk??

11. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

Well Thank you Kergin. I have never been able to get chat to load. I went in tonight. But no none is talking. But thanks again.

12. BullDozer

BullDozer Top Dog

Nothing happening tonight

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2007
  13. The Watcher

lol... awwww Suki. what am i going to do w/you?

are you just pullin' my leg?

14. Suki

Suki Guest

sure thing!!!!!:D ......

;)
    (not THAT blonde!!!!!)
    have a good one! :)

15. The Watcher

silly ladies....

such a tease.

16. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

come on folks

take advantage of it!

9:30-11 pm EST seems to be when crowds congregate...had a nice crowd the last few nights, let's make it a habit!

17. I know it is probably still a little early, but is anyone up for some chat?

18. Marty

Marty Guest

I'm in there but not for long , I have to work tomorrow :(

19. Naw you got kicked out!

20. The Watcher

lets goooo......