1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Corona

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by F.W.K., Mar 1, 2020.

1. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

2. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

3. Michele

oldguy likes this.
  4. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

5. FrozenEli

FrozenEli Top Dog

I've watched it, dead on point!

oldguy, AGK and Michele like this.
  6. Michele

oldguy likes this.
  7. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Whole country in lockdown once more time again due the omicron variant.

8. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

I was just reading that the mandatory vaccines is moving forward to some degree here in the US.

My company is itching to go that route. We have one plant that is union and that has been the holdout for the company going mandatory.

Using OSHA as the delivery agent is a solid way to get by "union voting".

Not a fan of most anything mandatory but using OSHA was a smooth tactical move by the current administration.

S

AGK likes this.
  9. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Lol I got a religious waiver from a surgeon I work with that just happens to be a ordained minister as well :)). I had a December 6th deadline at work to get the first shot. 2nd has to be done by January 6th. Or be terminated. I finally beat my employer. Lol. I was going to hit them with my resignation after giving the waiver to really kick them, I've had another job for 5 months now anyways that don't require shit like that of me. but I decided to hold of a few more weeks for that one. Give them a chance to replace me. Lol good luck is all I can say. That my friends is my toxic trait, loyal to a fault.

Anyways, I'm not against people getting the vax if it makes you feel safe then have at it. I just don't want it forced on me by 2 entities that have no business forcing me to do something. Problem with authority I suppose, what can I say. My body is a temple lmao. Having recovered from covid, I'm really not that worried about it anymore. It's the flu IMO another failed vaccine forced on me for a few years now. Catching the flu all those years as well. The Flu is exactly what it felt like to me. I know people die and get gravely ill from it but they also do that with everything else out there as well. Why is this any different. Do what yous feel best for you and yours. My daughter and I are not vaccinated against it by our choice where as her mother and my daughters half sister are staunchly for getting the vaccine. Their choice.

I will say though, catching covid was probably the best thing to happen in the last decade to me as fucking ridiculous as that sounds. I haven't had a vacation off work in 20 years. The first 6 days where brutal because I was really ill but I got a 3 week paid vacation. I Hunted everyday the 2 weeks I wasn't ill which I have never in my life got to do and most here know how much I love hunting or fishing but get very little time to actually do that because I always work. . Got my appetite back and my weight back up to where it should be and I feel better mentally than I have in a very very long time. My job has frankly just burnt me out and I see that shit now. Be done with that place in less than a month. It also let me spend a ton of time with my daughter because she was quarantined here with me for 20 days.

More importantly, it really showed me that when the shit hits the fan, I got nobody but me at the end of the day. That in turn forced me to reevaluate what and whom is or isn't important to me. That last one I really needed. Killing myself physically and mentally bending over backwards for a bunch of people that don't give 2 shits about me and I heard it loud and clear. I'll still do what I do for people but I won't be doing it anymore at everyone else's convenience other than my own. That time off changed the way I look at certain things now which was really a huge relief to me honestly.

Next week the next variant will be found and the next push for yet another booster will happen. It ain't going to end. It's a virus. Lol. We have never got rid of a virus that has animal reservoirs. Ever.

Just be safe and stay the fuck away from people lol.

david63, oldguy, slim12 and 2 others like this.
  10. Pullingcovers

Pullingcovers Top Dog

I got Covid twice I think I have enough immunity! What is in the shot?

oldguy and Michele like this.
  11. Michele

I had to get the shot or else I would not have a job.

david63 and oldguy like this.
  12. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

I am a 'to each his own' person. If the shot is what you want then the shot is what you should get. If it is not what you want I do not think it should be forced upon you. Again, to each his own.

I have an auto immune disease, basically the same as Multiple Schlerosis, called NMO/Devic's. I was at the top of the list for the at-risk group but I waited until the Multiple Schlerosis society made the call and then I thought it out for myself. For me, I had both shots.

I have co-workers who we may lose soon because of the pending mandate (if it holds). Some can be tested at their own expense and once the mandate starts most of the free testing will stop or so I read last night. A co-pay per test every week will start to add up and the local fire department is putting out their employees will be $77 per week/per test.

I am never the guy to say what I will and won't do down the road because inevitably Murphy's Law will help me make an ass of myself when I eat my words. But, if it were not for the auto immune disease I am pretty sure I would not take the vaccine. I am not a medicine person anyway. I am 52 years old and I have had 7 prescriptions in my adult life and five of them were when I was diagnosed in 2018. I had a muscle relaxer prescribed in the early 90's and again in the late 90's for a week each. Then nothing til 2018.

So when people refuse the shot I get it.

My only issue is when I hear people talk about not enough science or research as their personal stand but they will smoke one out of any SOB's bag that pulls it out not knowing if this is the bag the Fetanyl got dropped into. I have a friend that is against the shot because of the lack of research and he eats pills like candy, to the point he tells you what they do by the color and shape vs. using the name. No need to even mention the amounts of booger-sugar over the years.

But the people that simply say I will not be told what I can or can't do with my own body.......much respect.

S

oldguy, AGK and Michele like this.
  13. Michele

@slim12 I have colitis so I was nervous about getting it.

oldguy likes this.
  14. Pullingcovers

Pullingcovers Top Dog

I don’t blame you and thanks for working your tax money makes it so I don’t have to work lmfao jk

15. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

I'm just paranoid. Don't really trust the government damn sure don't trust big pharma. Definitely don't believe trump or Biden got shot up with what they giving out to folks. I turned down 9k to take a load of the vaccine from Michigan to Pennsylvania last summer. The shit just doesn't sit right with me.

david63 and bamaman like this.
  16. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

very interesting interview and it is a long one

17. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

18. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Dr Angelique Coetzee first reported Omicron Variant

19. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

20. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I lost a good one yesterday to Covid.Known him over 40 yrs .Wouldn't go to the doctor and after 10th day ambulance had come get him and they life flighted him to Pensacola.They asked him if he had been vaxed for covid and he said what's Covid ? This been a rough weekend .