1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

creatine.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by ray, Aug 10, 2010.

1. BOCKennels

BOCKennels Big Dog

creatine is used to regenerate the muscles' ultimate energy source, ATP .
    Creatine occurs naturally in many foods esuch as fish and beef, and can significantly increase lean muscle mass . It is also responsible for improving performance in high-intensity exercise, increasing energy levels, and speeding up recovery rates. Creatine's ability to enhance energy reserves in muscles comes from its muscle protein synthesizing action, while minimizing protein breakdown. This occurs because creatine has the effect of super-hydrating muscle cells with water. It enhances muscles' growth too-making muscle fibers bigger and stronger.

Quite a few studies have been done on creatine to figure out why and how it works so well. They proved that creatine increased energy levels, resulting in increased strength, and recovery rates.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So read the above and take from it what you can…<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Examples: you’ll gain explosive power and can have quicker recovery leading to quicker gains in building muscle.<o:p></o:p>
    BUT if you are competing in a contest that requires weight limits such as weightpull, you’ll need to make sure your dog is well within the weight “class” or cut the creatine out 2 weeks before the competition to not carry excess water weight. (see the underlined above)
    JMO and experiences

2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

if u want to be sore then yes! lol
    creatine will help you be able to go harder longer as well
    thats why i use it when i first start working out
    once my muscles are used to the workout i discontinue use bc i dont like some of the other effects that creatine has
    but to each his own, make sure u give lots of water if u use it

3. peppapig

peppapig Banned

sounds better to use it imo.

4. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

not being a dick but for the money give your dog something it can really use and really works!! with out a doubt make sure you know what you are doing first but it will be much better spent $$$$. i guess if you are the all organic natural type as i am than you might not be ok with that but if i am gonna give my dog something it is gonna be the best safest product $$ can buy. although roids used wrong or continually all the time are dangerous used properly there are very safe and effective. you gotta know what you are doing that i cant stress that enough!!

5. peppapig

peppapig Banned

i wouldnt class creatine a roid!!!

John CHL likes this.
  6. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

once the muscles are conditioned you dont really need it
    its a tool and it can be effective but it increases chances of injury and add lots of water weight and bulk. some people use it, some use it only in the beginning of a keep and others not at all.
    test it out and see how you like it, best i can tell ya

7. TASOSCHATZ

TASOSCHATZ Big Dog

In my opinion you will get slower lactic acid build up per rep not less in total, if you take it a rep or two further. The thing with creatine is that helps you to take a set a bit further. The extra water in the muscle will also attract more nutrients and this in a sense is anabolism, so in the long run you will also have more gains. Marathon runners etc excluded, there are other sports that look closer to endurance but do benefit from creatine. Football is an example, soccer for the americans. As long as weight training is used, creatine will give increased performance. There are many different ways of weight training for speed, explosive movement, strength etc. Creatine also helps you to recover quicker among sets and this can be used towards less muscle building training.
    I remember, in the early 90s I was a test subject for creatine for a post grad. thesis in Aberdeen Un. Scotland. Creatine presented all these results. Also someone told me that Glasgow Rangers used it the previous year and they were flying in the field but noone could really say why, except the insiders, those were the early years ofcourse.

8. peppapig

peppapig Banned

if its good enough for the glorious glasgow rangers......its good enough end of....:D:D

9. Yas

Yas Big Dog

Both creatine and ribose delay the "Critical Drop-Off Point" ie. the the point at which the quality of exercise/training has dropped to where there will be no additional benefits (garbage sets) and any more will have a negative impact on recovery.

10. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

What amazes me is that, A lot of my friends are into lifting weights and working out. They think that buy buying all these supplements it will help them. Then they stop working out and keeping consuming this MAGICAL POWDERS and supplements and think that by taking them it will make their muscles grow. Sit and watch t.v. and play video games all and keep taking supplements. FACT is there is no MAGICAL POWDER or short cuts. It takes hard work and dedication, a well balanced food to acquire goals desired.

Like this guy above with all the chains, he thinks he is benefiting FIDO when in fact he is F'em up.

I got a workout and recovery for you guys, tie your self chains and drag them around all day. that will make you have a MR. OLYPMIA body......................

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2010
  11. ray

ray Pup

again, thanks for the advice fellas!
    that's not his chain spot, u double the chain because of the space, and in his new tie out area, the chain was used twice the length, but same weight..
    and the collar that was used on the picture, was his walk collar.. ill post a new picture of him soon, got no time though... by the way, thanks again.. the chain did not sot me much. i bought it for 200 pesos. 4 dollars equivalent. and the collar for 600 pesos.
    ill post our other dogs soon.. we have 11 dogs..:):):)

12. ray

ray Pup

that's a bit exaggerated man.. that's not his chain spot, because this dog has a kennel.. not to big though. 8X8 dimension. but now he is in chain spot.
    the same chain being used, with a heavy duty collar, lol! but double the length,with the same weight.
    ill post new pics. of our dogs soon...
    every time i open this site, it never fail to amaze me.
    being an English major student gave me an edge.
    lol!:D:D:D
    I highly appreciated the showering of thoughts!
    GOD bless!

13. 76muscle

76muscle Big Dog

Creatine can damage the dog's kidneys if you don't know what you're doing... IMO a good feed and conditioning program is the way to go.