1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

crop or not to crop

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by catchdog3, Sep 13, 2011.

1. catchdog3

catchdog3 Banned

I'm thinking about getting my pups ears cropped and i'm not sure right yet how many of you like this look and how many don't like this look

2. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

I prefer ears on an APBT. But lots of em look good cropped too.

3. catchdog3

catchdog3 Banned

i like the battle crop over the show crop

4. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

Yeah if you must crop, I feel like the short crop's best. Feel the same way about my Dobermans. Long crops give dogs a ridiculous elf ear look imo.

5. catchdog3

catchdog3 Banned

yeah i know what you mean my mom has a doberman and she says its the military cut but its really a show crop lol

6. bamboo33

bamboo33 Big Dog

I strongly prefer ears, more personality. Just my preference.

7. maydaymatt

maydaymatt Big Dog

i agree with bamboo. ears do make their personality.also with ears thats less " O MY GOD ITS A PITBULL (SCREEEEEEEAM)"

8. DutchGame

DutchGame Big Dog

I prefer a professional symmetrical short/battle-crop. Hard to find a consistent vet though.

9. pitbull_24

pitbull_24 Top Dog

10. Texican

Texican Big Dog

I like both But if Cropped then the Battle Crop

11. catchdog3

catchdog3 Banned

i agree with you all i like both but if i do get my pups ears done i'm going to do the battle crop

12. old goat

old goat CH Dog

man don''t cut the dogs ears . they have a purpose . it keeps the moisture out . of least feast infections . and they need them hunting in tall bruch . i did it 1 time and would never do it again . and like it's been said they think it's the devil dog when some people see it . i've had some people ask is that a pit and i say no . then they say i did'nt think so . because i don't cut the ears . and my dogs are from old blood . they look different . more terrier looking .

13. blackcloud

blackcloud Big Dog

I agree with oldgoat....leave them natural, if it's any conciliation to you most of the best Bulldogs in history have had intact ears!

14. Cadibuck

Cadibuck Big Dog

I never cut the ears...air = opportunity. I like the natural look better anyway.

15. joelkckit

joelkckit Big Dog

my dog has a pretty bat ears... no way i'll crop his ears:)

16. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

Cropping is just wasting money and more than often you have a pretty job avoiding your pup will scratch them and the healing process often takes way longer than the vet tells you.......
    So to me cropping isnĀ“t necessary!

17. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

Its all in preference.Some dont look good,some do.Im not a big fan of them cropped,but i did get 2 done (for the wife)and Im happy I did.

18. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Personally I can't stand cropped ears but its all about what the owner likes.

19. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

dont cut them ears. if they are like that for a reason.

20. As we like'm

As we like'm Big Dog

I agree with BB... The "ear-flaps" are there to protect the inner ear... The only reason for an earcrop is the looks, it definitely has no other reason...