1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Cross vs Pure

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Oats n Honey, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Boze

Boze Top Dog

true DP, i like it when they line breed and add similar blood. for instance when bolero was bred to chinaman. both had eli blood and woods snooty blood, and most of that went back to dibo, now some would call that a cross but i see it as breeding within a similar family i beleive these types of breedings produce exelent dogs while staying in a certain family

2. CajunCountryK9

CajunCountryK9 Big Dog

This is true.. line-breeding and inbreeding are seperate practices.. Usually a line-bred animal will have an out or two in a closer or further generation.... Inbreeding takes place in linebreeding to a degree but its almost always indirect, atleast thats what I've seen. Both produce dogs of many qualities..... But as I've gone back and looked through the pedigrees of these 'pure' families.. you'll almost ALWAYS find and out or two back there somewhere..... now that statement and pedigree validity are on two different levels........ such is the world of the bulldog.

3. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Very true cajun, I think the tightly bred dogs def play a role in the game but overall from what I have seen most of the best performers were crosses. That's just a greenies unimportant opinion tho

4. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

linebreeding is the same as inbreeding. "linebred" is just a turm so folks wont feel bad about there inbred shit. a lot of these "crosses" ain't really a cross because they will go back to common relations. that's because the gene pool is relatively small as a whole. also don't put much stock into pedigrees because if you don't breed them then you ain't got a clue.

5. CajunCountryK9

CajunCountryK9 Big Dog

Take a second to re-read my post.......

6. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

linebreedin and inbred are NOT the same thing

7. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

LMFAO please explain that erie.

8. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

Ye i feel like people are getting confused between people inbreeding 5 generations were the father and mother are on both sides of the peds for a million gen...... and keeping the dogs FAMILY LINE close were dogs share the same family... but ye i like crosses not a reason a preference.... honestly the dog will work or it wont cross bred in bred line bred.......

9. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

lol ben you have been on here long enough i shouldnt have ta explain the difference in a line bred dog and an inbred one i personally love linebred dogs and not so hot on inbred ones and the major difference to me between the 2 is just cause your line bred dont always mean your a super tight bred dog in need of an out i can think of a ton of really good linebred dogs but cant think of any really good dogs that were inbred im sure there were some but not alot

10. BBT

BBT Big Dog

Well said.

11. Boze

Boze Top Dog

yes but linebreeding on a dog like say bullyson you can breed bullyson to a carver dog like arts missy then breed him to a boomerang bitch and take the best offspring and breeed them to gether that the same as breding brother to sister

12. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

lol if you took a pair off that breeding and bred them together that WOULD be an inbreeding and
    lol ya you could do that but id doubt you would get anything match worthy from that. If it was that easy breedings like mayday to dragonlady or yellow to sassy would have thrown all match dogs lol and they didnt

13. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

may i chim in??.

14. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

Please do so Limey!

15. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

lol we askin now lol speak your mind Limey

16. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Ok out of pride and being more ez im useing some of our own peds
    here are some aczamples of inbreeding:
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=369905
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=17481
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=326352 Note that these dogs lk magic and LK king gator vs Red Bull cary the SAME ped with the ecseption of there mothers being sisters. they DO have a diferend trowback!!. Lk King Gator obviusly hase the Alligator x eli trowback while LK red Bull hase what we call the Tug(Fox) trowback. LK magic was a dog that was right inbetween them!!!! . Al 3 dogs where bred so tight that the DID suffer from miner inbred defitiensy King Gator when young sufferd from epeleptic strokes(he grew over it) Magic got food path canser age 7 and red bull was born with one nut!!. this was a obvius sighn to start out crossing as they where inbred as far as the blood would alouwd us .. altho they ALL where superior dogs, and did not suffer from reduced performance(Magic was the best dog we have ever seen) nevertheless they could NOT be bred feurther without taken the ""risk"" of producing more defects that where showing up just above the sirfis!!....when bred back into the famely.

Here is a bitch called LK Flakey . she was and is umongst as pure inbred as you can breed a dog on a individual . in the old days this was called a triple bred dog. on ""paper"" a 87 1/2% inbred cloon of the dog she was inbred on.
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=98816
    she sufferd from slight undershot and was weaker in the shoulders!! her strukture was midium joker compeard to the origenal dog she was inbred on, and was not in the same league the origenal Nelis x tug crosses where.. altho she ""to"" was the end of the line she was bred ones with a spike x tug male called Chester who was a 4 way cross!! and a Tug trowback altho stil very pure on paper the one sirviving pup sunny boys choco http://oldschoolreds.com/page14.php?post=151 proved to be a ""line bred"" dog in looks and performance. thuse this sound od!!.

IF dogs are inbred and not selected on type(reducing genetic variation) you alouw VARIUS ansesters to rize to the sirfis. this means that inbred dogs can produces ore have al the chanse of being as good as battle cross dogs!!!!. so there is MUTCH more to it then just looking at a piece of paper! when( in) breeding.

Line breeding

Line breeding contains of famely blood with added fresh blood to produce out cross dogs.
    when inbred dogs like above had shown that the inbred faults where showing up. then being bred to gether to purefy the blood again without the inbred degeneration!!.that came along with the inbred dogs!!.
    Below are some line bred produced dogs..
    this is a first generation line breeding out of 2 inbred dogs discribed above
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=402941
    altho the magic x candy breeding looks to be a outcros (witch it is due to both dogs being un related for 4 generations) it IS a line bred combination on a very simulair foundation!!! this is another breeding formula that is not ofthen discribed!!. its not a real cros nore a real line breeding.
    Having said that the mother of this young dog above is a obvius out cross and showed NO visible trowback to eather parend!!. therefor a ""real"" cross .
    when bred to the stratos dog al the genes involved formed a texst book linebreeding.
    based on DIFEREND individuals out of the SAME famely. carying 25% compleat fresh blood and 25% related fresh blood. with 2 halve brothers who posses the same breeding. producing a litter with NO inbred signs that showed up in the pure bred dogs that where used..

below other Line bred aczample being it VERY TIGHT BRED dog . this is NOT inbreeding on a individual but inbred on a famely of dogs
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=191970
    here in the brother of the dogs mother above. http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=328280 chek Soloman Luther,s pedegree. altho very tightbred inbred these dogs where primarely selected on the Tug/Fox type dogs!!. ps lionhearth dolly is out of a ch son of Tonka rom called Willie Burger and a daughter of ch spike called Blondy...

having said al of the above. a cross wil give you ""more"" and instand Hybrid Viger !!. when the CLICK in there!.
    A Battle cross dog is a dog mainly bred out of 2 pure bred famelies who kinda reached the end of there line ,but who are not over tipicel YET and who are performance dogs.
    A cross dog is not a dog that is build up out of 6 ore 8 performance(ore not) bloodlines secu famelies, altho these dogs are stil pure pitbull terriers they are considerd as scater bred dogs!!!. so there is a diferense...
    here a aczample of a real cross bred dog and his picture http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=403162
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    A good battle cross as said gives you more hybrid viger to do watever the dog is used for BUT producing whize they are LESS capeble. At this point a Line bred dog be the better all round option in every way.
    consideing al the above a Linebreeding dogs takes longer,to reatch your goals, BUT are bij far more superior and have more DEPT in the alround departmend when it comes to producing performance and hybrid viger to maintain quality in every way...

17. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

Good post Limey!!!!

18. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

there is mutch more to it .. but its a start..

19. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

sure erie O'l bb has been on here long enough to know that folks use turms & don't understand what there talking about. example you can't explain how linebred is different then inbreeding..

20. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

booze dogs cant breed to themselves. so that would mean mean the missy/boomerang bitches offspring would be half siblings & if you bred the offspring it's still inbreeding that go back to common relationships. it don't need to be direct breeding to be inbreeding. to take it a steep farther if you inbred them a second generation directly the genetic makeup in the offspring has a high probability of not even being relevant to the foundation it was bred on.