1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Da Hawaiian Rednose

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Hawaiian Rednose, May 20, 2013.

1. Aloha from Kaneohe, Oahu. I'm asking the APBT world if they know of the Redman's King Kong, Captain Crunch & Bill's Red Sonya. This is one of the foundation lines of the Hawaiian Rednose Pitbull that I have and may have the last of the Hawaiian Rednose Bloodline. I know she has 3 brothers & 1 sister on Maui(maybe). Calling on everyone in APBT world for help!

2. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

3. I'm not a hunter. I kept this line for twenty plus years. Online pedigree has as much info as I do. Redmars is an old school line. For ppl in Hawaii- Togashi & Donnybrook/Rivera line without any other crosses.

4. Sorry, I want to stay in the line not cross out. Thank you though. I will post the bloodline when I get a chance

5. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

Looking at the pedigrees of those dogs they seemed to be crossed over and over and over again. What dogs in particular does your linebreeding program focus on?
    If there may be family members left start there first, if they're of quality, well you know what to do.
    This has some of those dogs you speak of, way back.
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [462403] :: NITO X DORI

6. Aloha back2basics,
    The main line comes from Tartenaar's Rowdy x Tartenaar's Cindy. Togashi obtained a dog from Sarona Red Angus x Caddell's Ginger Babe breeding & named him Utah. He got a another dog from Star's Kaahanui Lono x Star's Niela which the Redmars line & named her Freedom. That line is heavy OFRN. I dont know if it's pure OFRN but it's close. He also bred Utah to Freedom's sister- Star's Vegas and had Togashi's Champ. With that, he started his linebred legacy- Togashi Rednose Pitbulls. The other lines in the foundation of the Hawaiian Rednose Pitbull comes from Donnybrook Red Baron x Rivera's Toughie. Donnybrook Red Baron has OFRN but, not 100%. Toughie is 3 generations down for Tartenaar's Rowdy x Tartenaar's Cindy on the sire's sire- Blanchard's Kwesi. Her sire's dam- Bento's Kafi is from Wilder's Geronimo II x Clouse's Red Lady. Toughie's dam side has Vester's Toro, Stephs Amber, Crenshaw's Whiskey, Lum's Roxy on the 4th generation.
    The Hawaiian Rednose line- Togashi's- Utah, Champ, Freedom, Star's- Kaahanui Lono, Niela, Vegas, Donnybrook Red Baron & Rivera's Toughie.
    I will post the line to my dog when I can.
    Mahalo

7. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

You may want to use the search function, or look at methods of family breeding, it doesn't look like enough generations have been line bred to have a family, repeated crossing thinned out whatever core dogs are there. Looking at it from that perspective it would make people presume that a bunch of dogs were haphazardly bred to sell more dogs or they couldnt cut it and had to be crossed, without a line breeding program one would presume the first. For what purpose was Togashi breeding for? Is Hawaiian Reds a local nickname? I don't know how things are over there but over here flashy state names with colors are prerequisites for peddlers tools. (ex. Jersey Buckskins)

8. Aloha, back2basics
    Can you tell me if you can see my gallery. I'm still trying to figure this site out on how everything works.
    Mahalo

9. SacRedboyOwner

SacRedboyOwner Top Dog

Hawaiian rednose- your gallery isn't up or at least I can't see it... I agree with Back2Basics.. Did the breeding have a purpose? Where they bred just for color and money?

10. Togashi didn't breed to make money or he would have sold the dogs for more. A friend of mine bought a dog from Togashi for $500 back in the late 80's. Togashi new what he had. I don't know if he had pure OFRN or not but, nobody had it here back then. Look up Togashi's Utah & Togashi's Freedom, trace the line back & I believe it to be pure OFRN but I could be wrong. Togashi Bred Utah to 2 sisters. Togashi Freedom & Star's Vegas. He kept some dogs them mother/son, father/daughter, uncle/niece, Aunty/nephew. He line bred them. Most ppl who bought & bred their dogs all in the same Togashi line.

11. Sorry I'm not good at pushing button so there are typos

12. SacRedboyOwner

SacRedboyOwner Top Dog

looks like they were bred for the show ring judging by all those purple ribbons. going to the back of the bloodline does no good. if they were bred for show and color and have gone untested for several generations then they are deffinatley not Game-bred pitbulls. Use the search feature and read up on the breed.. There are plenty of well knowledged Dogmen and Breeders on this site. In Fact, I would read threads on OFRN so you can get familiar with it. Breeders that base their breedings on color and pedigree are looked upon as puppy peddlers on this forum. so dont take things personal on this site and you will learn a great deal.

13. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

How many generations have been bred since the founding dogs he purchased to what you have on your yard. Knowing what we have makes us (humans) feel good, purpose makes the dogs feel good. Did he have a purpose for breeding? Or are they large red nosed dogs that look pretty and little else? How much do you think 500.00 was worth when cigarettes costed less than 1.75 in the northeast. If a family was established, why are you having difficulties finding quality brood? You'd have to clarify "pure ofrn" and how it relates to current dogs down from Togashi's dogs, as the dogs you used as examples are dead (freedom, utah). Do they (descendants) carry a great portion of the blood used in his foundation breedings?

14. SacRedBoy- bred for the show ring judging by all those purple ribbons. Are you for real? Are you familiar with the UKC? 1st, no UKC events happened back then, here in hawaii. Now, here's how Purple Ribbon is explained:
    "Purple Ribbon" is a distinction UKC gives to a dog if all 14 ancestors within a dog's three generation pedigree (parents, grandparents, great grandparents) are each registered with United Kennel Club.

Purple Ribbon is indicated by the letters “PR” at the beginning of a dog’s name and also by a comma (,) instead of a dash (-) within the dog’s UKC number.

In order to receive a complete Seven Generation pedigree (showing 254 ancestors), the dog’s parents must both be registered as Purple Ribbon. A Six Generation pedigree for the dog that was not produced by Purple Ribbon parents may have some “Open” entries depending on the availability of pedigree information on record with UKC.

15. back2basics- all the dogs in my dogs pedigree will trace to one of these breedings-Togashi's Utah x Togashi's Freedom, Togashi's Utah x Star's Vegas, Donnybrook Red Baron x Rivera's Toughie

16. back2basics- The foundation dogs start from the 5th gen on sire side & 4th gen on dam side all the way to 7th gen on both sides. When I get the chance, I will post her pedigree.

17. bach2basics- I wish you could see my gallery! I gotta figure that one out! Pics of Sire x Dam, Grandfathers, Great Grandfather, Grandmother & others in the line. Well, there's only 5 pics

18. By the way, I breed for Bloodline... not for show

19. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

You may have to change your privacy settings

20. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

Typically mentions of "PR" are used by people who peddle dogs within this breed, not saying that there aren't people who have it just because they've registered with the same company for awhile, but more often than not it represents a de facto title, it is there by name and breeding and serves no purpose where it really counts; performance. I don't think offense should be taken when good advice is mentioned but performance minded decisions should be taken to prove otherwise; you have hunters, weightpullers, and all sorts of performance minded folks out there, breed smart and where it counts, keep all the pups from your future endeavors and see how they work out. Without purpose they're just pets, and breeding strictly for blood and papers will not properly maintain and steward that blood. Lots of time, money, work, and good decision making will. Take SacRedboy's advice and gather as much information as you can and use it to improve.