1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

DangerZone Pitbulls

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by nc_pitbulls, Oct 5, 2004.

1. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

DNA profiling doesn't tell you what you're dog is, it only serves as a basis for breeding so one can say that they're 100% positive that the sos & so puppies are truly from so & so and so & so.

Science has yet to be able to tell boxer DNA from Cairn Terrier DNA from Great Dane DNA. Much less "pit bull" DNA to differentiate betweent he "pit bull" breeds & definitely trying to figure out bloodlines is just a plain joke that only back yard breeders suggest to people to have done in order to clear the dogs out so they can get on with selling the next litter.

There is NO blood test that can prove canine lineage. Sorry.

2. jbh38

jbh38 Big Dog

I don't think that was called for, as I said, unless you know us, you can't judge our character or our breeding practices, just because we health test and DNA profile that means we are trying our best to be sure we put out quality dogs without defects and yes, prove that the parents are who we say they are. We are far from a backyard breeder. Also most of our adult dogs have their CGC (Canine Good Citizen), so I guess in your eyes that is useless too? I guess only having maybe, if that 1 litter a year, and placing most of them in working/show homes, or pet homes with a spay/neuter contract constitutes a backyard breeder now? We went to shows/weightpulls from March until just last weekend in Hickory, NC, at least one a month, sometimes more, now, we are taking a break for the winter, but it all starts back up again in February. We work hard with our dogs and we are very proud of them. If they aren't your style, that's fine, but like I said, I didn't bring my dogs into this thread, I just came on here to set the record straight and yes, defend what I love.

3. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I was not saying you are a back yard breeder. You say that you DNA test to prove that puppies parents are who you say. That's great. I appaud that. I have some DNA verified pups myslef.

But what I AM saying is that you can start with a bandogge, get it's DNA on file, breed it to a DNA profiled pit bull bitch, have those pups DNA's & so one & so forth. But just because they're DNA profiles doesn't prove that those pups are "pure bred" pit bulls. ALL it does is say that the parents of a litter are truly the parents of the litter.

As for the CGC dogs, I have some that have achieved their CGC title as well. I just haven't ever done it with the others.

4. jbh38

jbh38 Big Dog

Sorry, there was so much said earlier on this post, I guess I am just being defensive :)

5. RollinRuger

RollinRuger Big Dog

come on man who are you trying to kid? I just looked at your site your dog hammer weighing 102 lbs. at 13mos. you can't seriously believe that bandogge is a pitbull.lol
    are you woried about puppy sales being hurt is that why you had to "clear" things up? If thats the case im sure it won't hurt, your on the bandwagon selling the hottest craze: short, wide, big head, bowed legs (optional), cgc , 100+ lbs. @ 1 yr., come on do us all a favor take a shotgun out and do your yard some justice, and start over from scratch with some real bulldogs. LMAO!!!

6. X

X Banned

I do not believe any comments like that will do anything other than hurt exactly what you think you are either protecting, defending, or helping. So I would suggest you doing us a favor and keeping such things to your self if you must fathom them.

Some parts of that post I agree with, in general, but, in fact, all of those dogs are "pit bulls," including "game-bred dogs," simply because "modern society" believes them to be. A "pit bull" isn't a breed of dog, it is a term given to distinguish a large group of similar looking, and similar originally bred dogs. Registries do not understand that, neither does much of anyone else. If someone says it's a "pit bull," they immediately associate that with an American Pit Bull Terrier. Registries are also a business, relying on money to continue operating and to act as a means of a living for many different individuals, so for the most part they are only concerned with revenue and profits. If they were to do exactly what they should do and label breeds of dogs properly, they would loose a lot of money, so really why should they do anything like that? The registries play a big part in most of the ignorance of "modern society." Tell me truthfully, why would different registries have totally different breed standards for the same breed of dog? I'm not sure anyone can honestly answer that question, but the most obvious answer is money, no better than the people who do peddle "pit bulls," hang pedigrees on them, and breed them for qualities that they can sell.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2005
  7. DEADGAME14

DEADGAME14 Big Dog

good post Shon and im glad to see you still come around once and awhile.

8. DEADGAME14

DEADGAME14 Big Dog

that sure would be a big nast mess to clean up!

9. jbh38

jbh38 Big Dog

didn't you read what I said, we DON'T produce those type of dogs, our dogs have to work, they can't work if they can't walk. The shortest dog we have is 17 inches and she is a jeep/nigerino! And yes, Hammer is around 100, Hammer is also part Dagger, not all Dangerzone, and Hammer is about 22 inches tall, so not a fat bowlegged dog. And like I said, we aren't in the business of selling puppies, if we do a breeding it is to create something that we want, not to make money, I already said most of them are placed in show/working homes, or a pet home on a spay/neuter contract. Everyone in their right mind knows you can't make money selling puppies, and with the idiots getting a hold of pit bulls today, nobody that I don't personally know or have a reference on gets one of our dogs.

10. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

id have to agree ive got some big muts but the only one that fits standard is the lil female at 40lbs (fat) she's a true pit the big male 86lbs and my pup that will probly hit 60+ is not by standard a true pit and i dont doubt they have got some cross in them somewhere along the line. many people have bred the pit up in size due to popularity of larger dogs and certain colors and they call them pit bulls but the true APBT came from a terrier i believe somewhere down the line thus the size. Cane corso or presas came from spain much larger dogs. correct me if im wrong

11. X

X Banned

Most "terriers" are very hyper and extremely smart, to say the least. And most modern-day "pit bulls" do not even come close to meeting that "stereotype." Lol

12. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

omg, thank you for this . . . I had to re-read that twice because I couldn't believe that was said . . .

If DNA testing could prove dog breed, bsl would be implemented everywhere.

13. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

Excellent post.

That's the point exactly~yes, they are in a general sense, in this day & age, considered "pitbulls," but . . . you explain the rest very well. :)

14. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

One of mine is 65 lbs., and is obviously a mix . . . it's all good . . .as long as you're happy with what you have--- again, why does this matter, I wonder . . .

15. DEADGAME14

DEADGAME14 Big Dog

ooooooooooooo Dangerzone!!! Gotta have one! This thread blows, let it RIP!

16. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

lol . . . agreed . . . another smashing spoons against your face debate---pointless . . . :)

17. RollinRuger

RollinRuger Big Dog

if we do a breeding it is to create something that we want,

first off i did get a bit carried away.
    second, creating something you want and calling it a pitbull is exactly what everybody else is doing. right? I believe if you breed you better be recreating or improving on that breed of dog. I don't think creating 100 lb. dogs is improving anything as stated before by miakoda she is stitching up those bandogges all the time.why? because they have been ruined by "breeders" creating what they want. If those dogs were truly out-performing the originals than hey you improved that breed right? But wrong. because none of them have, will, or are capable of. Theres nothing wrong in keeping and breeding your dogs that you love and work with, but i think you need to be honest with your dogs/self/public that those aint american pit bull terriers. Just call em bandoggs or make up your own name it doesn't matter to me.

18. Sorry "Iron Hill Kennels" if I disrespected you, or offended you!!!!! :o

First off, I always type in bold text...!
    My signature came from a newspaper heading, didn't know it came from Star Wars...! :rolleyes:
    You People are Still Confused....! :confused:
    THE TOPIC of this THREAD is about "DANGERZONE PITBULLS"!!!!
    IS IT NOT....? :confused:
    As You All Have Stated, "YOU NO NOTHING ABOUT THIS LINE", so why are you on here talking or replying?
    How am I trying to tell you about you dog's?
    You all are trying to tell me something about a line that your don't breed and no nothing about.
    The original thread topic is about "Dangerzone Pitbulls"!!!
    The information is/was all wrong, so I tried to inform people about a line of dogs they no nothing about, but were asking about!!!
    Then you all took it out of context and starting ripping me up and insulting a Kennel that you all no nothing about!!!
    I was never trying to press my line of dogs on anyone, or trying to tell anyone what is and is not a pitbull.
    I was speaking about one subject and on subject only.
    The "Dangerzone" blood line.... Where all this other stuff and comments came from is beyond me!!!
    So you need to give respect, sit back and listen about a line you all no nothing about!!!

Would you buy a Car with out a Title. Nope!!!
    The same goes with dogs. That was the stupidest comment I have ever heard!!!
    Papers say alot, especially coming from reputable Kennels.
    None of my dogs are from a back yard breeder.
    I have friends that "say" they breed "Jeep", "Eli", "Bullyson", "Bolio", but how do I know? "Say" is the Key Word There....!
    Yeah, your dogs full of piss and vineager, but that don't mean anything!
    You could tell me your dog is a 100% of a specific blood line, but show me proof... Papers say alot, in my opinion!!!!!
    I don't have papers on my dogs he says...
    THEN WHO'S THE ONE WITH THE MUTTS.....! ;) LoL
    I totaly agree with the comment about hanging paper and peddling puppies, as that is a Major Pet Peeve of mine!!! I can't stand dishonest people, nor people that buy a dog and think it's time to be a breeder....!

Then someone on here, "Finally" said something intelligent...!
    It showed me that someone does know something.
    It was the comment about "Sorrells" coming from "Corvino"...
    Then I went on to read just how much you don't know and how much I do.....!

The "Colby" line came from Ireland!!!
    The "OFRN" came from England!!!
    You say where did I come up with Spain? Read on...!
    I see you haven't done a much home work as I have done.
    I've been into A.P.B.T's for 6-7 years, not really that long of a time, but I have learned a whole lot...
    I've never matched a dog and don't really care to.
    That doesn't excite me as much as it might you.
    I get more enjoyment out of something that's productive!!! ;)
    I joined this board to try and learn something that I didn't already know. But I can see that won't happen as you all know the same or less than I do!!!
    If you don't know what dog's came from Spain, then you really shouldn't be on this board either...!
    Oehler's "Dangerzone" came from a "Corvino" dog bred to an "Amber-Lite" dog, to produce Camarano's "Buster Jo".
    Camarano's "Buster Jo" was bred to Camarano's "Doger" out comes Oehler's "Dangerzone".
    Some one stated "Tudor" dogs are in the "Sorrell's" line. Yep!!! Where did "Tudor's" dog's come from? Spain!!!!!
    Are You Ready For me To DROP the BOMB!!!!
    Here's a link for YOU ALL to check out....
    Have a Seat, and Stay there a WHILE.... Learn Something!!!!!!
    http://www.
    That were the "Tudor" line comes from.

Here's the Pedigree to Tudor's "Goldie"
    http://www.

I have more information that I'll share if you Like!!!!!!
    I guarantee I SPEND WAY MORE TIME GOING THROUGH PEDIGREE'S LEARNING ABOUT THE HISTORY and ANCESTOS, than everyone on here put together!!!!!
    I'm not some Joe Shmoe....
    I know enough and I know I was only trying to inlighten you about the "Dangerzone" line....
    We you all jumped on me I have no Idea.......?

never mind on the links....
    Do you own Homework!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. B

B CH Dog

You place far too much importance on papers. Every one of my foundation dogs has papers on it and I can provide the papers for anyone that wishes to register their dogs. It just so happens that we don't place importance on papers and they are generally just used against you in the court of law. My dogs are bred from working stock so I don't need to go around flaunting their ancestors for some claim to fame. Anyone can stick any dog into any pedigree and get it registered. They just need papers for the dogs they want to claim they bred. It isn't hard to toss a different pup into a litter bred one way or register 13 mutts instead of the 9 your bitch actually had so that you have extra papers to stick on something. I don't sell dogs so it really doesn't matter how my dogs are bred although I hold it in high importance so that I might produce better dogs in the long run. My own breedings are not registered because in this time and age there is no need for my business to be spread to some registry that papers 100lb mutts. I assure you I know how everydog on my yard is bred and all my friends know I have enough integrity to give them a dog that is bred the way I say it. If they insist on having papers all it takes is my signature and they can single register one of my mutts. That really doesn't change the fact the dog is either good or bad. That just gives people that care about that shit the piece of mind that their dog is "purebred" or their dogs puppies are worth more because it has papers. Sorry, but that isn't what this is about....

B

20. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

I had a DangerZone ishbull. He didnt make the cut and he dont live here no mo! ;)
    and jus think, I gave up a Dual Reg. ADBA/UKC Ch. Bred show dog for a Non Reg. Game Dog!!!!!!!!