1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

defensive dogs that had mouth

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Mr.Revolution, Nov 14, 2011.

1. northdogger

northdogger Big Dog

A good head dog can ride the battle out against most styles. Many dogs gets frustrated when their face is in a mouth and they cant do shit

2. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

head dog and face dog aren't exactly the same thing. many head dogs stay off to the side or coast on top of the head. A real face eating retard may go to the side in the action but stays right in the muzzle, chin, eyes.

Also a face, head dog isn't always lumped in with a throat dog. there are head dogs with finish that once the opportunity strikes take it to the throat to end it but many are content to stay on the skull and work a downed dog. A dog only looking for the throat is as bad as any dog who only wants one spot but of course a chest/shoulder or face/head dog with finish (strikes throat hold when opportunity arises) is always a benefit and just adds another dimension to a very hard dog to beat.

Also I'd say the hardest place to stay is the chest because thats where you're going to take the biggest beating,

3. NGK

NGK Top Dog

I think that those destroyers that can take one out fast from top would have had a hard time with this bitch, she won 3 and took a 2:14 draw all from the bottom. She would stay in deep hold and shake from bottom, usually holding the bottom jaw and throught, and she bit HARD. It would look like the other dog was shaking her all over but in reality she was shaking the other dogs head back and forth from below and was taking the mouth out of the top dog. I would say this type of dog is as rare as the 15 minute destroyer, add deep gameness and you have a genuine betting dog. When the top dog would get itself stuck in the deep water it was quitting time on all fours.

NGK

4. versatile

versatile Big Dog

if i was in the 70's i would've liked a tall, thick-boned dog with a long chiseled neck that stayed on top and never went to the bottom. even if the bottom dog won, i probably wouldn't have bred it because like benthere said......most lose on the bottom and i wouldn't have wanted a dog that had a lay on its back bottom style. i wouldn't have ever felt truly confident in my dog. a dog that stays on the bottom would get abused most of the match and what owner would want to sit and watch his/her dog losing most of the match?

5. NGK

NGK Top Dog

The bitch I speak of was well bred and out of 2 gamedogs, both were winners. She produced several winners herself, none of which had the same style as her and every one of her pups were better built than her. I can't imagine my family of dogs being what they are now without her influence in the genepool.

NGK

6. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

I don't agree!!..a good head dog is good don't get me wrong but a chest, stifle, throat dog is hard to beat to!!..just because u got a head rider doesn't mean u win!...some are box smart and kno how to work all 4 corners to get to the spot they want and once they do it's a knocc out blow!!...I don't like head riders but have nothing against them!!...the muzzle and nut dogs are the most viscious because of the damage they can cause in those areas !

7. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

But who is to say head dog didn't have finish ability back then? Tornado stayed on the head to control the other dog and when the opportunity presented itself would work to another spot and go for the finish. Sounds ideal to me

8. Name some pre 76 nut dogs please

9. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

Do u think tornado style would have beat queen style???

10. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

if you are going against bums that kind of style works. try that style against the wrong man with the right bitch and its over in 10 minutes or less. i've seen it happen several times with bitches, a good game bitch with a reputation of winning from the bottom showing deep gameness gets whacked screaming and pissing in less time than it takes to finish a beer.
    some bitches are BAD. bitches can be WAY more brutal than males. just 'cause you haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist.

11. NGK

NGK Top Dog

There weren't any bums involved benthere and the bitch was deep game but only had to show it one time as the other three she chewed them down from bottom, 2 quit on top, one went into shock and of those three, two died. In her draw both dogs lived and you better believe they were both bred after what they showed.

Now im not going to make any assumptions about what you may or may not have seen and I would appreciate that you give me the same courtesy.

NGK

12. northdogger

northdogger Big Dog

Ment to throw in a face/muzzle in there also. Sure all styles can be good if the dog is dog. But like you say, if they have one crunching their face and nose they take a lot of damage. And many dogs will get panic give it enough time.
    And i agree with what you say also...