1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Diatomaceous earth

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by nala2010, Sep 1, 2010.

1. nala2010

nala2010 Pup

who uses and how is it working out for you as far as fleas and what not , just picked up a bag and going to try as it is all natural :)

2. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

used to work in a pharmaceutical plant that used it for filtering purposes...i could get it way cheap and used it in the flower beds in the chain spots as well as on the dogs themselves....worked great for fleas....US1

3. chessfighter

chessfighter Big Dog

I just got some, but don't know if it works because I put Frontline on my dog a week or two before.

4. nala2010

nala2010 Pup

cool slim i put it on my dog yesterday and i will check on it tomorrow see if it works for me

5. Mastiffkb

Mastiffkb Pup

It is not an instant top kill like Frontline or Advantage so you may not see results 3 days, but I would dust them again on day 3, 6, 9 and 12 then every 2-4 weeks.

It works by cutting through the exo-skeleton of the fleas there bye killing them.

If you purchased FOOD GRADE DE you can also use it internally as a wormer for everything EXCEPT heartworm.

6. nala2010

nala2010 Pup

thats what the guy at the feed store said, also i had done research on it a while back ,i will go ahead and re apply today , as of yesterday i didnt see any around the neck area so this is a good thing :)