1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Diet change

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by coco0889, Mar 8, 2010.

1. coco0889

coco0889 Big Dog

My dog has made a year old and I want to start training him for weight pull. I am feeding him pedigree right now (:thumbsdown:). He is eating about 2-2 1/2 cups a day. He weighs 45lbs. What supplements should I use or how should I change his diet to fix his new workouts?

2. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

you dont need suppliments, but i would suggest high protien and high fat found in many high quality performance foods. Just focus on the important stuff first worry about the training , you dont know if your dog will have what it takes to become a weightpuller yet. the food thing will come into play when your ready to compete. hope this helps

3. coco0889

coco0889 Big Dog

It helps a lot thanks.

4. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

your welcome.

5. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

Oh my goodness you should definitely end the pedigree consumption in total. If you are going to feed kibble you need to look for a better quality holistic one and there are more then enough threads that cover that on here. I fed Innova large breed puppy kibble to my girl and then around 9 months old I switched to Innova red meat large bites and still use it today. However I have started to supplement mostly raw now with barely any kibble.

Your dog is still considered a puppy at the age of one most of these bulldogs do not fully mature until 2-3 or later so don't expect him to fuel up with stunning results until then but of course he is capable to begin working out I would just monitor him after a work out and you can go from there. What type of work outs to you two engage with?

As far as the supplementing and such if you look into raw feeding you really shouldn't need any of that stuff because if you can properly feed raw it is a vital key for their nutrition and then comes there performance to hand in hand better the overall dog. Also for the weight pulling you should consider to read through some threads about that topic there are plenty to go around in the sports and activities section just to make sure you don't begin something in the wrong direction or if that will or will not be the sport for you and your dog.