1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Do vets report you?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Jdll13, Dec 14, 2011.

1. NorCalTim

NorCalTim Big Dog

Yep, in CA they send a copy of your rabies vac. to the animal control.

2. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Like a few have said. Depending on your local ordinances when you get a rabies vaccine. You vet is required to notify the county of ALL the rabies vaccines given. That is the way the county gets the money for licenses.

They tried that in the county we live in and people fought it and it was reversed.

As far as Vets reporting people for abuse or neglect. All the vets I have worked for I have never seen any of them report anyone. They have to be very careful in accusations due to being held accountable if they turn out to be false. As well as many states have laws that if a person is seeking medical attention for their animal they can not report them.

Hell the Vet I currently work for we have had MANY dogs come in for fights. And many were bulldogs. Also a dumb ass who decided to break up his 2 bulldogs with a shovel and broke one of the dog's leg. My vet did not report it.

The vet I previously worked for. A client called and told her that they did a at home c section on their pet (chihuahua) because she was near death. The damn dog was pregnant. They went to the E vet when she was not making progress. They gave a shot of oxytocin. And they could not afford a c section so decided to take her home. Well the next day she was dying and they cut her open to try and save any pups. And the vet still did not report it.

I guess it all depends on the Vet.

3. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

Holly shit that's unbelievable.

4. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Yes it was. And the idiots went out and got another Chihuahua! And it took all I had not to cuss their asses out when they came back in.

5. spaniard

spaniard Pup

that happen to me a a few years ago when u get the rabies they report it to the county just give them a fake address and keep your vaccination paper some time they go door to door to see if your dogs have rabies vacc... it suck in cali