1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Do you leash train?

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by BBT, Dec 21, 2011.

1. BBT

BBT Big Dog

No idea why you felt the need to state such ridiculousness. As was stated, for feed and water it was my standard to address by call name and pat on head and some days that's all they got. But always a work in progress.

2. BBT

BBT Big Dog

And choker or prong I still use when in public. I like the control. My old man still hot for any dog his size and I take him hiking and jogging in public. Populated area so I do what I have to to promote a positive image and my prong just helps.

3. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

I mean the odds may not be the highest but its worth taking the 30 secs before giving every dog there bowl to sit down and and stay before they get there bowl.... its not difficult to walk the dogs for 30-45min 1-2 dogs a day to get there leash walking down pack it cant hurt only help why wouldnt you? its just always seemed like common since to me with any dog of any breed

4. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

I understand what you're saying. There's a lot of dogs that have been on a chain and are lucky to have food thrown to them after the newness of being a puppy has worn off much less any kind of basic training. Not everyone takes good care of thier animals. There's not many with common sense anymore its been replaced by stupidity,drama and B.S.

5. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

BBT, Tiger12490, and doginhold....I would like to cordiallly invite you to stop the three man daisy chain you have going on, and realize not everyone should own not only these dogs, but any breed with drive.

6. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

One simple answer:

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!

Boy you don´t even can handle a drivey poodle and want to raise your mouth against someone who´s in these dogs almost longer than you could spell your name!

Get back to your pokemon cards and stop shit talking!

I did more within working breeds of any kind than you ever rubbed your morning wood!

I don´t need a prong to keep controll of my dog, I did belong to a group that was heavy into working their stock and tough talking babies like you popped up every time and haven´t even been able to handle the pups we kept in our kennels!

Dude professional training and handling of working dogs is what feeds me and my family so don´t talk about stuff you know plain shit about!

7. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

There is nothing wrong in basic obedience in any dog, working or poodle. If you want the dog pulling the leash, let it be, if you want the dog to be at your side. Work on it. But just be a responsible APBT owner.

I do care for the positive image of this breed, if didnt, i would just care about my dogs and my thing. Hence, i should shut my mouth when anyone elses does his thing. But the problem is when someone else' thing turns into your problem because irresponsability.

Just my 0.2€ and not directed to anyone in particular.

8. BBT

BBT Big Dog

I'd rather not continue this kid shit but I would like to add that there are now obviously different interpretations of what "drive" is just like there are different interpretations of what "deep game", "game", "deep dead game" lol, dog man, etc. you just do your thing on your yard keep breeding your untested deep game dog of which you know is deep game because you know he had deep drive because you know from how he pulls on leash and does so for exercise without ever giving up because he is game just like the rough anncestor he is linebred down from and hes also a proven producer because his pups even pull so hard on leash that they get you dizzy as you have ever been by the tether ball flirt pole.

I hope you feel that reading that was a waste so you know what others think when you post your nonsense. Do you line breed Jeep and call name your stud 4paw drive?? Cause hes a proven driven puller? Ok enough. Let me have it and move on.

9. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

100% agree

10. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

I agree 100%.When I walk my dogs I used a harness and it wasn't down the street to impress people either.

11. BBT

BBT Big Dog

I just don't understand how its considered exercise Why not just exercise the dog without him Dragging and pulling your arm off? Or get an extra long lead.

12. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

Because i beleive that a resisted hand walk is more beneficial than that of a equal walk with no resistance.Yes my arm does get tired after a while,but if your not getting anything out of the walk do you really think the dog is.And when my arm does get tired,i just switch arms for a second.The length of lead doesn't really matter they will find the end of it and pull just the same.

13. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

What is the point of holding there food for 30 seconds?So you can stand over them and feel superior to a animal.I could see that with a house dog maybe, because order and respect needs to kept in a house.But for some bulldogs on a chain, i would think that time could be better spent giving the dogs some much wanted attention.Some of you sound like you try to break your dogs mentally,i really don't see the point in doing that with a bulldog,a house do yes, but a bulldog no.

14. LMFAOOOOo!! That is awesome!

Taken right out in the "public eye" and anybody that don't like it can suck camel cock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Here's how forums work. When somebody posts, ANYBODY is allowed to respond to it. Just in case you didn't know. ;)

16. LOLOLOL You're on a roll!! I'm lmfao over here. :D

17. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

The longer the leash the less control.

18. LOL That's fucking awesome too! hahahaha

19. BBT

BBT Big Dog

Just make sure the 2 pennies is not the kid shit.and I love the build of that dog. Diff strokes for different people. I would love to take that dog hiking biking or running with me but I'd have to leash train him to last the hour or he'd out work my arms too fast for me to give him a beneficial workout Just my opinion.

20. BBT

BBT Big Dog

Control???? Not trying to sound the wise ass but what kind of control is holding on????