1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by popper, Sep 10, 2010.

1. popper

popper CH Dog

Know any other languages besides English ? And if you do how do you go about learningit? and what age did you learn it?

2. blackbisquit

blackbisquit Banned

ja ik kan nederlands..dat is me moerstaal :D:p
    engels heb ik geleert op tv :D:p

:D:p:p

3. popper

popper CH Dog

Okay when did you learn it? and how? when you were a kid ?

4. popper

popper CH Dog

значит через месяц ты будешь писать мне только на русском, а я тебе на английском!... и будем работать над ошибками. Хорошо

5. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

Popper, check out Rosetta Stone. They have almost whatever language you are looking for. Kind of expensive but worth it in the long run.
    Language Learning | Rosetta Stone

6. popper

popper CH Dog

yes i was looking into that... heard good things about ... i am looking for personal experiences using rosetta stone. Is English considered a hard language to learn?

7. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

supposed to be the hardest but I don't know about that. Thai, Hindi, Arabic those are hard to learn. I have the Italian disk and it works great. It says the words in english, then whatever language you selected and after that you repeat it through a headset and it recognizes if you are pronouncing the word correctly or not. Check it out, if you don't mind me asking, what language are you wanting to learn?

8. blackbisquit

blackbisquit Banned

i learn it a long time ago, when whe go to other countrys and visit frends..
    allso i watch alot of tv and learn verry fast like that.. i read alot of things and i dont know its easy going for me...

and yes i was a kid..
    my little girl almost 3 years old 19 sept. she turns 3..
    she speaks dutch and english allready pretty good...

she learns from tv.. she watch cartoons like jungel book/lion king and all that movies in the english laungues...
    for me its verry important that atleast she learns english

i have a verry close frend from the surinams (suriname) and they talk papyamento whe allso speak a little and understand well...
    allso my little girl , my frend talks papyamento to her so she learns good.

in my family there ar gypies and they talk allso a own laungues and allso that whe speak a little. that i need to learn to my little girl because its little family tradition.

bud the main laungeuses in my resedent ar dutch and englisch.
    everynight when my little girl go s to sleep whe say a love you verry much... lolll its a little international mix over here :p

than i have tjechies frends russian frends... that ar the most diffecault laungeuses till now for me, i cant speak it even when lissen i hardly understand lollllllllllllll bud i always be cool wherever whe ar :D

spanisch fun allso i love different countrys and all that gos whit it..
    i even speak a little turkies hahaha
    chinees i allso know some things and i hate that country lollllllllllll

hahaha little much to tell,.. bud different places /cultures/storys i like verry much and also i like to understand :);)

9. blackbisquit

blackbisquit Banned

and its sometimes diffecault because every country allso got different dialects...

10. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

I know Latin pretty well. Had two years of it back in high school. I've forgotten a lot, but have retained the important stuff that helped me with all my biology classes in college. BUT it's not a spoken language so....

I would LOVE to learn Italian. It's next on my list. And I think me knowing a lot of Latin root words will help me with learning any romance language.

Rosetta Stone looks like a fantastic program. I'd like to order the Italian discs. I wonder if the hot chick from the commercials is included? :p

11. popper

popper CH Dog

yesi amdefthinkingabout getting rosetta stone....SoLauren you thinkitsagoodprogram?

12. old goat

old goat CH Dog

bisquit , you know you learned english from playboy lol.

13. popper

popper CH Dog

yea blackbisquit darn russia has a diffrent alphabet.... pretty hard to write it out.... will take getting use to.....speaking it is easier than writing it

Anyone else ? I know some other members have some more info to share.

14. blackbisquit

blackbisquit Banned

haha work allso is a reason yes.

15. IN_

IN_ Big Dog

I know my language - polish (try to learn that, good luck ;-)). For me english is foreign language. I know a little of german. And that is all. I undarstand some of czech and slovakia, but it is about that this language are simillar to polish...
    Maybe it is time to learn some new one ;-)

16. Blau

Blau Big Dog

Ich spreche Deutsch... Mein sprache ist viiiieeel besser als mein schreib' LOL.
    I was supposed to be in AP German 4 this year... I was in Spanish and German last year, and I'm in Latin this year. When I get into the military I'd like to do something with languages, probably Arabic and maybe Russian if they let me.

I am a complete language NERD, I love learning them and they're really easy for me to learn once I'm in a class.

17. popper

popper CH Dog

and how do you go about learbning that language?

18. IN_

IN_ Big Dog

All in school. English is not hard to learn, it is all around you... everyone is talking it, all movies, songs... Even if you dont talk perfect, it is better to talk at all then not... I would like to learn it better... but I am realy not good in learning languages.

19. kera5

kera5 Big Dog

Rossetta Stone will do the trick:D

20. Kristi

Kristi Big Dog

Some spanish, not as well as use to, and a little bit of Japanese.