1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Does she have a chance?

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by OhanaAPBT, Oct 30, 2009.

1. OhanaAPBT

OhanaAPBT Pup

I am hoping in the coming year to try an ADBA show with my male and female. I've heard a lot of talk about ADBA and some handlers not being fond of blue dogs in the least, but I'm stubborn and will show her regardless.

She's currently being shown in UKC (I told you I was stubborn with my blue tri APBT girl with natural ears) and they've told me to put weight on her, which I have reluctantly been doing but will condition her after she titles in UKC (since there are many more UKC shows than ADBA near me). She is currently 12 months old and around 40-45lbs. She will also be doing weight pull in both kennel clubs.

Please, constructive criticism. Thank you! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rickf3

Rickf3 Big Dog

I think she looks great...

Was she breed to be blue or was she just randomly blue?

3. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Big Dog

you would have to put a little more muscle and definition to compete in the ADBA. I have seen blue dogs place and even win at shows. Depends on the judge.

4. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

she is only 12 months old- so slowly tone her up and let her go! if she places, she places-if not you tried and hopefully had fun. she looks worthy of being there to me

5. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

I have seen blue dogs place before as long as they are conditioned and close to standard, then it is a possibility. You might as well give it a try.

6. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

That dog dosen't even look blue to me it looks like a tri-color, Maybe the lighting is wrong. It looks almost the same shade of black as the bitch in my avatar .

7. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

My fawn bluie just championed this year before 2 years of age and after only showing for a year.... i believe your dog looks great (square, straight & not a blue hippo... shoot - don't even look blue to me... but if you say so, I believe ya...) and would definately feel proud to show her.... You will need to get her "ripped" to compete in the adult classes in the ADBA. Good luck... never seen a tri-blue before... pretty cool...

8. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

Like I said as well.... i am not seeing the blue.... maybe it's like my fawn bluie bitch who only has hints of blue on her muzzle and around her eyes....????????

9. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Yeah, looks more like a seal or brown.

10. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

She looks good and with some conditioning should hold her own in ADBA. She has nice conformation and good structure.
    However, even with some weight on her, I don't know how she will do in UKC. It is my experience that they prefer rectangular APBTs. Square (ADBA-styled) APBTs normally do not place. The UKC standard calls for dogs that are slightly longer than they are tall, and your girl is very nicely squared.

11. OhanaAPBT

OhanaAPBT Pup

Thank you for all your input! I really respect all of your opinions :)

She is a blue tri color APBT which unfortunately is starting to be overbred by BYB's, especially those who like the "bully" style "pit bulls". Apparently, they used to cull blues and especially the tri's back in the day (what I've heard, please don't quote me!)

I have put her in UKC 2 shows (a total of 6 altogether, where's she's places 2nd in all of them) A lot of the AmStaff handlers said she is nice and could definitely title, a couple judges have been positive and gave great advice, a couple others have been not so nice, but I have tough skin.

Her sire is UKC major pointed with GRCH and CH in his lines and her dam comes from UKC GRCH & CH's as well. There are quite a few weight pullers in the line, too. I am hoping to have a dog who can show UKC and ADBA, I unfortunately have a weak spot for blues, though.

Here's a photo of her sire

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a photo of a UKC CH bitch who is LOVELY and could do exactly what I want to
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do you have some tips about conditioning her? (Slowly, of course) Will weight pull help?