1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog-fighting 'godfather' given prison (Ed Faron, WSK)

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by mastiffsj, Feb 13, 2009.

1. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Back when I used to coon hunt we had some some hounds,some were registered and off a female that sold for $2000 and I had one off my uncle's old dog that wasn't registered.Just an accidental breeding.He was the best coon hound I ever owned by a long shot.I guess he should of been killed.I'm against any government mandated anything,they have to much control as it is.

2. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Pup

Iwas watching video on you tube that said on estimate there is over 100,000 people that participate in this sport I belive it is possible.Like I say I dont participate but I would sign a petition if it helps to stop BSL. Dogfighting wont stop Neither will peta until there is no dogs to fight.This includes any dogs closly related to APBTs

3. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

the year is 2009, dogfighting is illegal in all 50 states. lets drop all the hypothetical "what if's"(further regulation is NOT the answer, keeping your nose clean IS) and concentrate on the point of this thread...Ed Faron and his dogs

4. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

No,I won't be the first to sign it.As far as me being scared.No.It takes alot to worry me.But,I consider it being intelligent enough to take care of your own butt.I got kids and family I want to be around,don't want my dogs taken and just don't want the trouble.As far as legalization,It won't happen.Tell you what,before you start calling people cowards,just start the petition off yourself right now.But I'll never sign anything giving my dear old uncle sam anymore control than he already has.A unregistered dog culling and taxation is not a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009
  5. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Pup

Yeah iI said unregistered dogs should be put down thats because most dogs involved in dog bites were unregistered byb pits not APBTs. I have had some good un registered dogs but when you talk about breeding these type of dogs the results are way more unpredictable than with registered or should I say linebread dogs.And records is the only way to have any thing legalized.

6. dajuice

dajuice Big Dog

Whats wrong with just keeping your mouth shut, minding your business and standing firm to protect your property, whether that be dogs, home, etc. Why are we constantly being asked and persuaded to bow down and comprimise with these self righteous @$$holes. Tomorrow we will be debating the definition of Game! Dont talk about it be about it! These dogs deserve nothing less. I want BIG BROTHER out of my home away from my family and in the streets where they belong!

7. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I'll say one more thing and I'm done with this topic.The proble with your idea is you let tell how many dogs you can have,they have to be registered and all the rest of it.Where do they stop.After while you can't have a pitbull,you can't have a gun,you'll have to crush your big gas guzzler car and get a hybrid,can only have 2 kids or whatever and have sex twice a week for all I know.Is there no end to it.The government is not the answer.Now like rallyracer said back to Ed Faron and his problems.I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

8. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Pup

its says with five dogs has to be registerd I should have said five or more
    anybody with with less than five and wants to breed or perticipate in the sport
    join a club
    people are scared of change but at the same time things are changing for the worst
    most kennels are already registered
    in some states dogs have to be kept in kennel runs
    in some states you have to have a muzzle on your dog to walk them
    leash laws
    but the breed is still getting closer and closer to being outlawed
    and the reason behind it is irresponable breeders
    bad breeding meathods
    :D

9. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Pup

Ok all the responses to what I have said about starting a petition to legalize the sport I read with an open mind.And there are many different types of events that the dogs are used in that are legal, but the fact still remains that one bad apple spoils the bunch. The apple Im am speaking of is dog fighting. It may just be the one thing that gets this breed out lawed and when it does happen you wont use the APBTs in any event legal or illegal or Bully, or Stafffie. yeah yall downing the idea of paying taxes to perticipate but taxes are being paid to perticipate in the legal events,dont you pay an entry fee taxes.GH32 Im not calling you a coward or any bodyelse but as long as this activity is underground and people say well they need lock up all dog fighters well they are gonna kill all APBTs then make them illegal to own. All I can say is for decades people have used this dog for many different things and this breed has never made a bad move, but soon as it is time to stand up for this breed people turn tail like a cur an jump the box. You say you got kids you want to be around you dont need the trouble,well my dogs are like family that i want around if i aint got much money he wags his tail and licks my face, if i lose my job he wags his tail and licks my face. I think this animal is worth the trouble,because any thing worth having is worth fighting for.BSL is spreading like wildfire,and APBT owners are crawfishing just as fast

10. mseebran

mseebran Big Dog

ace boogie, I really can't think of any other way to say it, so I'm gonna say it how it really is. you talkin crazy man. hell you almost act like fed trying to lure somebody into some sh!t. And if you're not then please stop throw those kinds ideas around, this is a publicly viewable website man. I can see it now, "game-dog.com member reaches out to his gamedog brothers and sisters to sign petition to legalize dogfighting".

Chill man, you talking crazy.:confused:

11. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

How about I Buy Whatever I Dog I want Reg or Unreg. Any amount of these dogs (as long as all can be cared well for) and Do What I Wish With These Dogs (i.e just watch em grow or competions or whatever). Without any goverment intervention on dogs I legally own?.

I think this is better than aceboogies controlling suggestions.

12. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Pup

Im talkin crazy, I sound like the feds, ok homie, well brother seems like im the only one that dosnt feel like this storm is gonna pass. And like I say I dont perticipate in dog fighting, I havent seen not one person on this sight admite to being involved in this activity. But one thing is for shure our breed is in danger and if you protect train,weight pull,confermation show, UKC, ADBA, CKC, no matter what you do with your dogs BSL will affect you and I. Talking crazy why do you think that the main reason they target these animals is for their use in illegal dog fighting. so lets say for instance everybody stops this sport they just gonna stop attacking this breed, HAHAHA!!! Next they might say the breed in schutzhund events is causeing the breed to become more aggresive towards humans,they just wont stop until they end of the breed.Look these are my ideas and im willing to say this in any eviorment in front of any audiance

13. dwd58

dwd58 Big Dog

This storm aint going to pass. It is going to get worse under this new panty waist administration.

14. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

I am very disappointed in this outcome, I was really hoping Ed would have been able to come out of this with reputation intact, however that is not the case and once again many dogs are now destined to lose thier lives.

whether he is truely guilty or not according to the records and in the public eye he is now indeed guilty. I agree with StopBSL , this does not help us in future fights against BSL, chalk one up for the bad guys, this was exactly what they were looking for and got it and is now grounds to justify future raids.

Let this be a lesson learned , if anything ever happens to you always always keep your mouth shut. There will be plenty of time to clear your name after your case is done and over with. I honestly feel this was Ed's downfall, he talked to the wrong people. You talk to no one but your lawyor and if your truely innocent fight it to the end and justice should prevail.

15. mastiffsj

mastiffsj Big Dog

Re: DOGS TO BE EUTHANIZED

dammit to hell, words cannot express what i feel after reading this...sick, sick, sick :mad::mad::mad::mad:

http://www.journalpatriot.com/fullstory.asp?id=1111

Seized dogs to be euthanized
    by Staff

Superior Court Judge Ed Wilson ordered this morning that 127 pit bulldogs seized in a Dec. 10, 2008 raid in Wilkes County be euthanized. The dogs were seized at Wildside Kennels on Mertie Road near Millers Creek.

The judge heard arguments from several individuals in Wilkes Superior Court, including representatives form the Humane Society of the United States and the prosecutor, that the dogs would pose a threat if adopted into families. Members of several animal advocacy groups, as well as individuals, had asked to be allowed to adopt the dogs.

The ownership of the dogs was awarded to the county when the owner of Wildside Kennels, Ed Faron, 61, of Mertie Road failed to pay the county for the care of the animals.

Faron was sentenced to 8 to 10 months in prison last week after pleading guilty to 14 counts of felony dog fighting.­

Donni Juan Casanova, 18, was given a suspended sentence of six to eight months after entering a guilty plea of to one count of felony dog fighting. Casanova is the adopted son of Faron.

The third defendant in the case, Amanda Grace Lunsford, 25, was sentenced this morning to 45 days, suspended for 24 months of supervised probation. She entered a guilty plea to a misdemeanor count of cruelty to animals.

16. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

This is sickening. I have been around those dogs many times and not one of them was a danger to anyone. :mad: In light of the Vick case how can they not even have them evaluated and then make a decision?

17. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Pup

Every Body Is So Hurt
    Crying Like Some Little Babies
    You And I Feel The Same Way About The Breed
    We All Know How People Thats For Bsl Feel About The Breed
    We See What They Are Doing About These So Called Vicious Dogs Of Ours
    But What Are We The Owners Of This Loyal Pet The Apbt Going To Do About
    What They Are Doing
    O Thats Right Im Talkin Crazy Again
    Well Since Thats The Case Every Body Sit Back Hold ON And Watch These People Kill This Breed Scary B!+<HES WITH FRINeDS LIKE THIS THE APBT DONT ENEMIES<HES!!!!! p Shure< Damn For That Enemies Need Dosnt Apbt The This Like Friends Whit <HES ENEMIES NEED DONT APBT THE THIS LIKE FRIENDS WITH>

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
  18. mseebran

mseebran Big Dog

crying like babies, huh?

you are as welcome to your opinion as anyone else. but I'm stickin by what I said - you talkin crazy.

keep talkin like that and before too long them folks are gonna come knockin on your door.

over 100,000 people participate so you think you can legalize it. well over 100,000 smoke crack and shoot needles in their arms, you gonna petition for that to be legal too?

I can't speak for anyone else on this board or anwhere else, but what I stand for is preserving the breed in its original form. I'm a proud American living in the USA. The law is - no dogfighting period.Do I agree with that, no comment whatsoever, point blank.

AceBoogie, I can clearly see what your intentions are, and they are good. But I think the reality of the situation is against that right now and most likely will be for a while.

If I offended you by my earlier post, I apologize, I had no intentions of doing that.But I'm not crying like a baby. I' am merely protecting myself my family and my dogs.

19. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

My heart is heavy that I have now read that 127 dogs plus newborn pups will now be put to death simply because of who they were, Pitbulls. I am saddened by this but knew it would happen, since Ed could not pay for the care taking. This was an issue they, the law, would use to satisfy their quest to exterminate these dogs.
    RIP Guys, you deserved better.

20. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Pup

I DONT DO DRUGS AND TRY TO COVINCE PEOPLE TO NOT PART TAKE OF THAT VICE

I KNOW WHAT THE LAW SAYS NO SPECTATING,PROMOTING,PARTICIPATING(KNOWINGLY/UNKNOWINGLY)BASICALY A CATCH ALL LAW
    BUT WHO SAID THIS LAW CANT BE OVER TURNED

WEED WAS ILLEAGLE IN EVERY STATE BUT NOW IN CALIFORNIA $150 GET YOU A MEDICAL USE PERMIT(CAUSE SOMEBODY FOUGHT FOR IT)BUT THAT HAS GUIDE LINES TO YOU CAN ONLY GROW SO MANY PLANTS

PEOPLE HAD TO HIDE TO DRINK BUT THEY WANTED THAT DRINK SO BAD THEY FOUGHT FOR IT(BUT THAT HAS GUIDE LINES) ANOTHER ONE OVER TURNED

WOMEN COULDNT VOTE,JOIN MILITARY,ect.BUT THEY FOUGHT FOR IT(ANOTHER ONE OVERTURNED)

A BLACKMAN WANTED EQUALITY AND FREEDOM SO THEY FOUGHT FOR IT(ANOTHER ONE OVERTURNED)

AND BY THE WAY ALL OF THESE THINGS WERE LAWS.
    LAWS OVERTURNED BY PEOPLE JUST LIKE ME AND YOU WHO FOUGHT FOR SOMETHING THEY WANTED AND DIDNT STOP TILL THEY GOT IT

YEAH ITS THE LAND OF THE FREE BUT WHAT THEY DONT TELL YOU IS THAT YOU HAVE TO FIGHT FOR IT.
    YOU WANT TO PRESERVE THIS DOG IN ITS ORIGINAL FORM HA HA HA HA!
    NOW YOU CONTRADICTING YOURSELF DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS ORIGINAL FORM IS AND IF BY CHANSE YOU DO YOU WOULD BE MORE THAN WILLING TO SIGN MY PETITON
    THATS RIGHT YOU DONT BREAK THE LAW SO YOU SPEAK EASY
    WHAT YOU GONNA DO WHEN THEY OUTLAW THIS BREED HIDE YOUR DOGS
    THEN YOULL BE BREAKING THE LAW ANY WAY DONT YA THINK

AND YOU DONT SEE WHAT IM SAYING EVERY BODY MAD ABOUT THEM TRYING TO OUTLAW GUNS READY TO FIGHT AGAINST THAT LAW

GUNS KILL ALOT OF PEOPLE,BUT YOU MAY SAY ITS NOT THE GUN BUT ITS STUPID PEOPLE WITH GUNS
    BUT WITH ALL THE GUN RELATED DEATHS, WHY ARNT GUN MANUFACTURS BEING TRIED FOR ACCESRIE TO MURDER
    BUT JUST CAUSE MR.FARON,MR.PATRICK,MR.BOUDREAUX,SOLD DOGS AND AFTER IT WAS IN ITS NEW OWNERS HAND THE DOG MIGHT HAVE BEEN FOUGHT THEY ARE FACED WITH NUMOROUS COUNTS OF BEING CONNECTED WITH DOG FIGHTING

YOU SAY IF I KEEP TALKIN LIKE THIS THEM FOLKS GONNA BE KNOCKIN AT MY DOOR

NOW LOOK AT YOU SOUNDING LIKE THE LAW

WHY DONT YOU GO HIDE UNDER A ROCK, CAUSE THE LAW DONT SCARE ME CAUSE THERE IS ONE LAW I PRACTICE ALOT FREEDOM OF SPEECH
    P.S. NO OFFENCE TAKEN:)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009