1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog Food

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by J.W, May 25, 2004.

1. J.W

J.W Pup

What dog food do you guys or gals prfer to feed your hard working dogs[​IMG]

2. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

We feed Diamond in the green bag and Diamond Puppy for our pups.
    BB

3. KnOck

KnOck Big Dog

Same over this way also. I've tried Sportmix high energy for adults and for pups before and had good results but I will stick to Diamond ;)

4. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

I feed the SpotMIX High Energy... I am very happy with it.... Its not all that expensive eather... What kind of protein percentage is in the Diamond?? Is it any better than the SportMIX?? What about the price??

5. LA_Headhunters

LA_Headhunters Big Dog

Diamond Adult Premium= 26%protein, 18% fat

Diamond High energy= 24% protein, 20%fat

Diamond Puppy= 31%protein, 20&fat

Diamond Professional= 30% protein, 20% fat

Just off the top of my head

6. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

30% protein??!! Wowee!! :D
    How much would a 50 lb bag of the Professional cost???

7. LA_Headhunters

LA_Headhunters Big Dog

Cost's 25 a bag here Don't know how much anywhere else but I'm sure it's close to that price.

8. BigTex

BigTex Pup

pitbitch you wouldnt want to feed one that high in protein all the time...hard on their kidneys,can cause hot spots, etc etc....and the premium is 28% protein

9. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

So I guess that my SprtMIX is just fine... It is 26% protein...
    I went to Diamonds web site... There dog food has alot of corn and beet pulp in it... Sounds like alot of extra shit to me!! Ha Ha!! :D :p

10. J.W

J.W Pup

PMI is what i feed pretty good all around dog food.

11. GYD

GYD Pup

We feed Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul and I can't even explain how happy we have been with the results. We got an older dog several months ago and the changes he has under gone since we brought him home is incredible. His coat has become smooth and more brillant in color and his over all appearance has really improved. Wish I would've taken some before shots to show the difference, but we reccomend this feed! It's a little more, since it is an all natural feed, at $28 for a 40 lb. bag. :) But, to me it's been worth the extra $$.

12. BDK

BDK oo7

i like pmi advantage the best and i think i alreday posted this ? 2 weeks ago check the threads

13. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

PMI?? Never heard of it....

14. I feed Science Diet

15. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

I've recently begun feeding Nutro Natural Choice Puppy, and so far I'm happy. But I would appreciate any feedback good/bad, how it stacks up to others(price/nutrition value).